Post-Game Talk: Game 84, same as the previous 83.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Didn't take long for moral victories, woohoooooo

He is right.

I get that there is frustration but anybody that thought the Oilers were going to come flying out of the blocks after playing 2 games in 2 weeks is fooling themselves.

They played a very very good team in this game but the layoff is obviously affecting their game. They need to play games and I fully expect them to be much better in their lat 2 road games.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Little bit surprised to see you say this - I would like to see Pulju get more opportunity, but he looked lifeless out there after the first 10. Thought he opened with hustle but completely broke down once the team couldn't get it going and his minutes got cut back.

I really think he needs a coach willing to give him a solid ~15 min every night and not be constantly worried about losing what icetime he gets. Sigh.
He had like... 1 minute of ice time in the first 10.

Reactions: PulYou and nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Little bit surprised to see you say this - I would like to see Pulju get more opportunity, but he looked lifeless out there after the first 10. Thought he opened with hustle but completely broke down once the team couldn't get it going and his minutes got cut back.

I really think he needs a coach willing to give him a solid ~15 min every night and not be constantly worried about losing what icetime he gets. Sigh.

Well he played 2 minutes in the first so I’m not surprised that he looked lifeless in the first. Hard to do much from the bench.

Reactions: PulYou and A91

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Well he played 2 minutes in the first so I’m not surprised that he looked lifeless in the first. Hard to do much from the bench.

I said after the first, lol. He just was completely unengaged the rest of the game any time he saw ice.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He is right.

I get that there is frustration but anybody that thought the Oilers were going to come flying out of the blocks after playing 2 games in 2 weeks is fooling themselves.

They played a very very good team in this game but the layoff is obviously affecting their game. They need to play games and I fully expect them to be much better in their lat 2 road games.

Seems like the Devils are doing fine. More bs excuses

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
If the Oilers get outworked and outplayed on Saturday I genuinely believe we should get rid of TMac. I defended him a lot in the past but at some point we have to start making heads roll here before the season is a write off.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
He is right.

Meanwhile the Devils just put up a 6-0 shutout against the defending champs.

There was no excuse to lose this game but they did anyway.

Reactions: RegDunlop

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Has he said anything wrong though

You might not be aware of his posting history. Its a major League downer....over and over and over again.

The best response is no response because he just wants to suck you into his vortex of negativity.
I shouldn't have responded.

Reactions: nabob

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
7r2vjQC.gif

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He is right.

Excuse. Full bullshit excuse.

Jersey outshot Washington 13-6 in the first, 36-21 Overall and beat them 6-0 after they has the same flight, same break and played the first same game.

Blaming the travel on their pathetic play is how they keep playing like trash. The players and the coaching staff is the reason for their play. Blaming the trip is pathetic

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
The calls were bull**** sure, but we also have to show some life out there. Christ. Maybe if Todd calls out the officiating it might spark some pushback... I dunno.
Thays his M.O, he is a lifeless coach behind the bench. Never argues or disagrees with calls and expects his players to do the same. Basically the opposite of every other team in the modern NHL. The refs are not stupid ..they know this.... hence why the Oilers are on the opposite end of weak calls.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
He is right.

He is right.

What's the excuse for NJ as they just proceeded to shit pump the defending cup champs?
Same old garbage special teams. The PP remains a black hole, and the coach that was supposed to run it isn't running it at all. Then playing a bad Benning out there including during an empty net just screams futility by McLellan.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
McLellan said it. A little better but still not good enough. I don't think many Oilers had a good game. Larsson maybe, aside from that pinch (not his fault actually).

Still not sold on Yamamoto. Trade him for Matt Grzelcyk.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
He is right.

They didn’t go to Europe last year and their current play is identical to last season. So that layoff stuff is a big ol fat excuse.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Meanwhile the Devils just put up a 6-0 shutout against the defending champs.

There was no excuse to lose this game but they did anyway.

Boston is a superior team. That’s not an excuse. It’s a fact. Don’t think anyone should be using Europe as an excuse. If they do they can GTFO.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Seems like the Devils are doing fine. More bs excuses

The Devils didnt change 75% of their coaching staff. The Devils didnt implement new systems 5x5 the PP and the PK.
This is going to take a little time and its going to take playing games which has not been at all in their favor.

It is what it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad