Post-Game Talk: Game 84, same as the previous 83.

Echodek

Feb 6, 2011
I can't understand how this team, even with the best player in the league, continues to struggle to score a goal.

It's like they have to walk uphill, both ways, in the snow, to get the puck on net.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yippee another ****ing game where they waited until it was too late to get going.

A perfect analogy of last year.

Same old; same old. Rinse and repeat. In other news, early game against the rangers on saturday! And we all know how well the Oilers do for early games! Incoming 0-3.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I can't understand how this team, even with the best player in the league, continues to struggle to score a goal.

It's like they have to walk uphill, both ways, in the snow, to get the puck on net.
Hockey is hard when you get badly outworked and have a terrible start every game.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Benning will sit next game, the Oilers win 7-2, and then he's back in the lineup in Winnipeg.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Depressing watching the different games right now and seeing how hard every other team is working. Then there’s edm. Lol. A mirror image from last year. No effort and no care on the world. Like they want the season to end already.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

They’re playing the same dull funnel pucks to the net system.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Pluses: they actually were a lot better than in Sweden
Minuses: it was still nowhere close to winning a hockey game against an NHL team

Maybe they should practice against the Condors. I hear the latter has been the AHL equivalent of the current Leaves

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I am on the Pulju is getting ****ed trend. Why the **** did he get shoved down to the 4th line and getting sub 10 minutes. Especially when the majority of the forwards above him have been playing worse.

Little bit surprised to see you say this - I would like to see Pulju get more opportunity, but he looked lifeless out there after the first 10. Thought he opened with hustle but completely broke down once the team couldn't get it going and his minutes got cut back.

I really think he needs a coach willing to give him a solid ~15 min every night and not be constantly worried about losing what icetime he gets. Sigh.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Benning will sit next game, the Oilers win 7-2, and then he's back in the lineup in Winnipeg.

Reminds me of the game last year when Letestu was a healthy scratch and the Oilers dominated. Then he got out right back into his role of most important player on the team and we got killed next game.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
No he won't. Next game I bet the lineup is

Caggiula - McDavid - Draisaitl
Lucic - RNH - Kassian
Rieder - Strome - Yamamoto
Khaira - Brodziak - Chiasson

Klefbom - Benning
Nurse - Larsson
Garrison - Russell

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
The calls were bull**** sure, but we also have to show some life out there. Christ. Maybe if Todd calls out the officiating it might spark some pushback... I dunno.
Don't get me wrong officiating wasn't the reason we lost but it's infuriating as a fan to see double standards in a game. I wanna see the Chara play again.

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
McLellan needs to go. Giving him even one more game is pure stupidity.

This team needs a new coach asap. It's the biggest most obvious problem.

Maybe the new coach will actually try to shake things up. I would do the following:

Kharia McDavid Puljujarvi
Nuge Draisaitl Yamamoto
Lucic Strome Rattie
Chaison Brodziach Kassian

Klefbom Bouchard
Nurse Larsson
Russell Garrison

Maybe switch Bouchard and Garrison

Koskinen

PP1

Draisaitl McDavid Yamamoto
Rattie Bouchard

PP 2

Nuge Strome Puliarvi
Lucic Klefbom

Reactions: PulYou

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
No he won't. Next game I bet the lineup is

Caggiula - McDavid - Draisaitl
Lucic - RNH - Kassian
Rieder - Strome - Yamamoto
Khaira - Brodziak - Chiasson

Klefbom - Benning
Nurse - Larsson
Garrison - Russell

Oh god, you know that's gonna happen. Caggiula will get rewarded after tonight for sure!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad