GDT: Game 82: Red Wings at habs 7:00 pm et 4/16/24 (BSD, ESPN+)

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
Reimer blows, but just like Lyon last night, he’s not to blame in this case. All these goals, last night, tonight… all due to horrible defensive breakdowns. I don’t know what the exact solution is, but something needs to change with this defense by next season, they’ve been collectively awful in crunch time.
Shit, the only game on Lyon in the past week was Pittsburgh. That game was f***ing terrible. But the loss to the Capitals that really put us in the jackpot? Lazy Compher clear to a Cap in the circle and a terrible Seider pass to Ovechkin open on the wing.

TF kind of f***ed up logic is that? It's Petry's and Reimer's jobs to make plays as things unfold around them.

Whatever caused possession to change is at fault for Ed making that mistake. Obviously...

The kind of logic that is sound. If a player gives up the puck in a terrible position, the goalie can't snap react to it. Most goalies aren't usually "reacting" to shots. There isn't time for it usually. They make their best guess on where it'll go. It's why redirections f*** them up so bad.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I remember, last season I kept saying Copp would be a really good 3c when we finally got a 2c.

How the hell did he manage to suck even more?

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
TF kind of f***ed up logic is that? It's Petry's and Reimer's jobs to make plays as things unfold around them.

Whatever caused possession to change is at fault for Ed making that mistake. Obviously...
Sorry, that’s hockey man. Any coach worth anything will look at the chain of events, and the coachable moment will be the thing that triggered it all. That was Ed.

I don’t like Reimer or Petry and I pile on them when it’s appropriate, but Ed set them up, put them in a 2-on-1 situation where the odds were immediately stacked against them.

Just like how the first goal is all on Maatta and his awful pinch that set that play off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad