GDT: Game 82: Red Wings at habs 7:00 pm et 4/16/24 (BSD, ESPN+)

Fynn

Apr 23, 2017
Agreed. And he was playing almost 20 minutes a night. That's a big loss to an already mediocre defense
I don't get the radio silence. If he's hurt, say so. If it's a personal thing, a disciplinary thing, on ice, off ice, whatever. Just another thing to dislike about Lalonde.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I don't get the radio silence. If he's hurt, say so. If it's a personal thing, a disciplinary thing, on ice, off ice, whatever. Just another thing to dislike about Lalonde.
It's not Lalonde. It was like this with Blashill. And honestly I think most NHL teams are like this nowadays. It's annoying.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I think they are intentionally losing to the Flyers keep playing hard. if DET was up 5-1 right now the Flyers would let up and we'd still be screwed. I just wish the Flyers game had started earlier.

Reactions: MabusIncarnate

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)

Walman has to be a physical injury, not the dog house. Maybe the speculation was because of one of the latest press releases stating "Walman is just not himself" but I think they mean he's not getting his usual push-off and acceleration because of a lower-body injury, not that he's having a dissociative event.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Happy that we are in it. That period could've been a disaster.

Sitting here watching Canadiens multiple times skating in unmarked from the high slot and shooing after getting passes from behind our net. And literally NOf***INBODY cares to cover. God, I'm looking forward to the day our defensive structure isn't a joke anymore
Our defensive breakdowns are awful...missed assignments all over the place

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Exactly, it's f***ing hockey. It's a series of plays and decisions. But one mistake doesn't absolve mistakes further down the chain. So assigning full blame on the first mistake is silly to put it mildly.
Nope.

Sure, if there’s another practice this season, go ahead and coach Petry to handle a 2-on-1 differently. Tell Reimer to… be twice as good as he is I guess. These aren’t real things that happen on hockey teams though.

What actually happened is Ed probably realized he was at fault, reviewed the iPad on the bench, and will receive some coaching at some point on how to not do that again. Teams coach to prevent those breakdowns, that’s the goal. Dmen handling 2-on-1s and goalies being alone with a shooter are very much secondary and tertiary priorities.

It’s much easier to not do what Ed did than it is to stop a 2-on-1.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Nope.

Sure, if there’s another practice this season, go ahead and coach Petry to handle a 2-on-1 differently. Tell Reimer to… be twice as good as he is I guess. These aren’t real things that happen on hockey teams though.

What actually happened is Ed probably realized he was at fault, reviewed the iPad on the bench, and will receive some coaching at some point on how to not do that again. Teams coach to prevent those breakdowns, that’s the goal. Dmen handling 2-on-1s and goalies being alone with a shooter are very much secondary and tertiary priorities.

It’s much easier to not do what Ed did than it is to stop a 2-on-1.
Has nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with playing it poorly. Ed being the only one of the three with a hope in hell of learning anything from that play doesn't make it 100% his fault.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad