GDT: Game 82: Ducks @ Coyotes | 4/7/18 6:00 p.m. PDT | FS-A

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
So after I spent all that time last night writing the song that is this GDT, today I had to transpose 8 of the 11 songs for church tomorrow because they were too high for my choir's vocal range.

... and then re-learn them all in the new key.

F major -> Eb major (x2)
F major -> D major (x2)
G major -> F major
D major -> B major
A major -> Gb major
Eb major -> C major

I missed the first two periods doing all that.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
So after I spent all that time last night writing the song that is this GDT, today I had to transpose 8 of the 11 songs for church tomorrow because they were too high for my choir's vocal range.

F major -> Eb major (x2)
F major -> D major (x2)
G major -> F major
D major -> B major
A major -> Gb major
Eb major -> C major

I have no idea what you just said. :huh:

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011

F major -> Eb major (x2)
F major -> D major (x2)
G major -> F major
D major -> B major
A major -> Gb major
Eb major -> C major

I can't speak for everyone else, but I have no idea what the f*** you're talking about :laugh:

edit: MIG in the same boat it seems

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I can't speak for everyone else, but I have no idea what the **** you're talking about :laugh:

Transposing a song makes it sound lower or higher than its original key. String players can just play up or down a fret to accommodate the key change. All I have at home to practice on is an acoustic piano. Transposing a song for me isn't exactly starting over from square one to learn it, but it's not too far off from it.

Reactions: CC96

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
The electronic keyboard at the church has a "transpose" feature, but I have perfect pitch (I can tell what a note is just by listening to it with no reference), so if if I were to use it, it messes with my head so much that I get lost in the music.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
cveYfag.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad