GDT: Game 82: Avs vs Ducks | 3:30 PM MT | April 9, 2016

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think we can be a little more honest.

The Avs absolutely left points on the table all through the season. The inability to get close games to even OT (for the "loser point") killed them all year. The injuries to Duchene/MacKinnon can be looked at as a legitimate reason for them not beating playoff bound teams (who I don't believe were really "resting" any players), but the fact of the matter is they put themselves in that position long ago.

As Sakic said, everyone from the Management, to the Coaching Staff, to the Players, have to be better next season.

Avs fans better buckle up--we're going to be in for an interesting off season.

That was the lazy and simplest answer I could give to someone coming over to our board asking that question, we've had long discussions on the major issues already.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Yeah I thought it was a five year deal

This was nice to hear though as well,

They'll both be in the NHL next year, so no more debating that one. Good bye Nick Holden, because that's where the 'room' hes talking about is.

Barring trades/UFA he's probably calling our defense next year

Beauch-EJ
Bigras-Barrie
Zadorov-Gelinas (can't think we got him to get rid of him next year since apparently he still has a year left)

I'm fine with Holden as a #7 but I still don't have a ton of confidence in that

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Barring trades/UFA he's probably calling our defense next year

Beauch-EJ
Bigras-Barrie
Zadorov-Gelinas (can't think we got him to get rid of him next year since apparently he still has a year left)

I'm fine with Holden as a #7 but I still don't have a ton of confidence in that

Gelina is not an improvement over Holden, hes a possible project much like Redmond was. Except he was not free

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Poor Boudreau. I wonder if his life flashed before his eyes again when he saw Roy. :laugh:

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
No offense guys, but the way these guys have played for the last two years (actually three save for Varly that year), they don't deserve your attention and I can't believe you watched them in this meaningless game if there was other good hockey on.

I want hockey to make me smile not frustrate me and what frustrates me is getting outplayed almost every single night. If we were winning then it would be fine but I don't think I can take another full season of it so next year, I'll tune in, see if the game style changes and if not then why not watch Crosby or Kane or Ovechkin or an exciting team like Dallas instead of being suckered in by the Avs again. We have exciting players for sure but just tired of hockey frustrating me rather than being enjoyable like it used to be because of these guys.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
No offense guys, but the way these guys have played for the last two years (actually three save for Varly that year), they don't deserve your attention and I can't believe you watched them in this meaningless game if there was other good hockey on.

I want hockey to make me smile not frustrate me and what frustrates me is getting outplayed almost every single night. If we were winning then it would be fine but I don't think I can take another full season of it so next year, I'll tune in, see if the game style changes and if not then why not watch Crosby or Kane or Ovechkin or an exciting team like Dallas instead of being suckered in by the Avs again. We have exciting players for sure but just tired of hockey frustrating me rather than being enjoyable like it used to be because of these guys.

Well im emotionally invested so Im spoken for. Been that way since I was 16. Aint changing now.

edit: But I do agree they arent fun to watch these days.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Til death do us part when it comes to me and the Avs bruh

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Not that I'm happy with the team and how they have been playing the last couple years, but I would have watched the game if I wasn't out of town seeing another game. I don't care how bad we're doing I'll still support the Avs no matter what.

Shaggy88

Bananular phone
Nov 13, 2013
Trading Varlamov would be a huge mistake. I would like to believe Sakic is smarter than that.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Saw the game earlier but didn't post but here's to an interesting offseason. Sure sounds like we're in store for one.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
They're a bunch of bums. But I love em. Go Avs forever. Can't wait until next year.

Sooooo we getting anti-wild Avatars now or what?!

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Minnesota literally lost 5 in a row to end the season and we still couldn't make the playoffs :facepalm:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This team is gonna be worse next year, I hope they're top 3 pick worse and not another mediocre 9th, 10th pick worse

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
This team is gonna be worse next year, I hope they're top 3 pick worse and not another mediocre 9th, 10th pick worse

What difference would that make? I've said it for years now, this team has many holes in it, one player will not fix it. Especially, a teenager.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
What difference would that make? I've said it for years now, this team has many holes in it, one player will not fix it. Especially, a teenager.

I don't know but for me its either make the playoffs or top 3 pick, at least you still gain something with top 3 pick of you miss the playoffs. That will give the team more options for trades and stuff to improve weaknesses like the blue line.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Trading Varly's the worst thing they could do.

I honestly believe no one, not even Price would be able to put solid numbers behind this team. You look at the goals he lets in and 80% of them he doesn't even stand a chance. Trading Varly would be dumb dumb dumb.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
And you're forgetting he recouped the picks from the Stuart (right? Or was it Berra) trade.

I'm tired of people saying that, like it makes up for it. We used part of the return we got for O'Reilly to get the pick back. We didn't get it back for free, we didn't get it back for another garbage veteran.

Shaggy88

Bananular phone
Nov 13, 2013
I'm tired of people saying that, like it makes up for it. We used part of the return we got for O'Reilly to get the pick back. We didn't get it back for free, we didn't get it back for another garbage veteran.

Err so? Whether it was part of the ROR trade or not, it's semantics at that point, the picks were recouped. You should know at this point as well as I do that ROR wanted and was getting out of Colorado.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad