GDT: Game 82: Avs vs Ducks | 3:30 PM MT | April 9, 2016

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
feed was bad so I didnt watch we actually scored a couple of goals..
what? holden ? ha

I did a projected lineup for grins this am without Iggy, we actually look pretty good if we resign boeds and mathias and Rantininini, the Italian Stalion, makes it as a top six guy...

Back to the game , I saw MArtison got game call, was he flagrant?

it was super late, avoidable, and unnecessary, it didn't injure garbutt and wasn't a head shot or from behind, so take that as you will

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Haha Avs give up a semi breakaway and almost a goal off a defensive breakdown on the opening faceoff of the 3rd. So typical.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Agozzino is looking pretty good today. Playing more physical than usual too.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
For being such a big guy, Stewart is so weak in puck battles. It's always been his main problem. Looks like a power forward, but very little power to his game.

Weird because he's such a fierce fighter.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
it was super late, avoidable, and unnecessary, it didn't injure garbutt and wasn't a head shot or from behind, so take that as you will

thank you
I hate losing but am glad we actually look so much better than that nightmare our first month was...
I wonder what is going through Super J's head regarding these young guys....

Go Avs

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This summer someone needs to tell Duchene he's not as strong as Forsberg and to quit wasting scoring chances acting like him. Either pass or shoot and do it quick because the book has been out for years that if you double team him below the goal line he won't pass.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
This summer someone needs to tell Duchene he's not as strong as Forsberg and to quit wasting scoring chances acting like him.

I don't mind that, usually about 50% of the time he draws a penalty there, what I'd like him to do is look for a short pass, or throw it on net backhand once he feels like hes going down.

However in order for him to pass it someone has to step up and get open, I feel like everyone just watches him power his way to the front of the net.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't mind that, usually about 50% of the time he draws a penalty there, what I'd like him to do is look for a short pass, or throw it on net backhand once he feels like hes going down.

However in order for him to pass it someone has to step up and get open, I feel like everyone just watches him power his way to the front of the net.

He almost always has someone he can try to move the puck to in those circumstances, it's just not the perfect pretty passing play he's looking for.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
This summer someone needs to tell Duchene he's not as strong as Forsberg and to quit wasting scoring chances acting like him. Either pass or shoot and do it quick because the book has been out for years that if you double team him below the goal line he won't pass.

You're right in saying he's not as strong as Forsberg but he still has some of the strongest lower body and core strength in the NHL. I used to yell at objects in my house from Duchene doing that all the time but we've hardly ever seen it this year. He usually makes one spin and then passes it off/shoots it. Last game of the season, Avs are out and he had the fans aweing from his moves. I'm not too upset that he made one too many there. He probably got caught up in the moment.

I'm much more bothered by his stupidity in icing the puck a few seconds later.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I hate Perry's never ending embellishing so much. Just play the friggin game you idiot. It's like someone's pulling his head back on a string every single shift.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
He almost always has someone he can try to move the puck to in those circumstances, it's just not the perfect pretty passing play he's looking for.

That's fair, the big thing is his timing of when he decides what hes going to do. He needs to get rid of the puck like a second or so before he does, or if he feels like hes losing his balance.

I do think someone could step out in the high slot at the right time and onetime that puck on net if they were not all spectating though. Either that or the D could come down and all he'd have to do is shove the puck 5 feet ahead of him for a easy one-timer.

The funny part is the times hes gotten goals and assists off of that move, that's exactly what's happened. Someone has gotten a rebound off of his shot or picked up the puck as it slips away lol.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Varly not bringing his A game tonight I'm sure won't sit well
with Patrick, kinda like the outdoor game.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Welp I guess we just witnessed Varly's last game as a member of the Avalanche. That was a pathetic performance by Varly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad