GDT: Game 82: Avs vs Ducks | 3:30 PM MT | April 9, 2016

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
varly trade depends on how much sakic, roy, and allaire trust pickard

push comes to shove expansion was probably forcing it anyway, so I can't be too upset

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Go on Patrick. Pull the goalie. Would be a fitting end to this season. It's the one record we've set this year.

Don Corleone

Jul 9, 2013
Well thank goodness we have next season to look forward to with Roy at helm because the last 2 were such a pleasure to go trough.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Well thank goodness we have next season to look forward to with Roy at helm because the last 2 were such a pleasure to go trough.

DP

Sakic: "We're all learning," Sakic said. "He's got the passion, he's a winner, he wants to win. The players know exactly what he wants ... You don't always look at the coach. For us right now, we have to look and see if the players are going to buy into what it takes to win."

Roy has two years left on his contract.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
DP

Sakic: "We're all learning," Sakic said. "He's got the passion, he's a winner, he wants to win. The players know exactly what he wants ... You don't always look at the coach. For us right now, we have to look and see if the players are going to buy into what it takes to win."

Yeah I thought it was a five year deal

This was nice to hear though as well,

Obviously, we'd like to add to our (defense). Next year, we're going to be young, too. (Nikita) Zadorov and (Chris) Bigras are going to be here next year, and they're only going to be 21. We still have room and we know we will have to be patient when it comes to the back end. We're not going to look for the quick fix, but will have to explore options via trade or whatever avenue to improve the club."

Sakic said the regression hasn't shaken his confidence.

"We have a plan," Sakic said. "This isn't a quick fix. Obviously, we still have to be patient with some of our younger players, some of our younger 'D.' ... We're confident that we can turn things around."

They'll both be in the NHL next year, so no more debating that one. Good bye Nick Holden, because that's where the 'room' hes talking about is.

Polar Vortex

Jul 4, 2012
Jets fan in peace. I really wanted u guys to make the playoffs over the wild for obvious reasons (seriously f those guys). What went wrong? Duchene and Berrie are two of my non jets favourite players and I'm seriously disappointed they won't be in the playoffs.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Jets fan in peace. I really wanted u guys to make the playoffs over the wild for obvious reasons (seriously f those guys). What went wrong? Duchene and Berrie are two of my non jets favourite players and I'm seriously disappointed they won't be in the playoffs.

Probably the wrong place and wrong time for this...

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

We lost our two best forwards (Duchy/MacK), Varly played like ****, and Roy can't teach a breakout to kindergartners.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Marek makes a joke about if Roy is still coaching the Avs because Varly wasn't pulled. Shannon responds with, "I'm not sure how much Patrick coached the last few games."

Wow.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Well. The Off-season will be interesting.

After todays game I would put money on a Varlamov trade this summer or more likely at the draft.

There will be one major trade from the Avs this summer. That I am confident in. Whether I will like the trade or not remains to be seen, but something big is gonna happen. Unfortunate because more then anything I just want Roy gone. I still think this core is capable of winning, but Roy is not a good head coach and I think he held this team back this year.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
We lost our two best forwards (Duchy/MacK), Varly played like ****, and Roy can't teach a breakout to kindergartners.

I think we can be a little more honest.

The Avs absolutely left points on the table all through the season. The inability to get close games to even OT (for the "loser point") killed them all year. The injuries to Duchene/MacKinnon can be looked at as a legitimate reason for them not beating playoff bound teams (who I don't believe were really "resting" any players), but the fact of the matter is they put themselves in that position long ago.

As Sakic said, everyone from the Management, to the Coaching Staff, to the Players, have to be better next season.

Avs fans better buckle up--we're going to be in for an interesting off season.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Well. The Off-season will be interesting.

After todays game I would put money on a Varlamov trade this summer or more likely at the draft.

There will be one major trade from the Avs this summer. That I am confident in. Whether I will like the trade or not remains to be seen, but something big is gonna happen. Unfortunate because more then anything I just want Roy gone. I still think this core is capable of winning, but Roy is not a good head coach and I think he held this team back this year.

Yeah I think he was right on the edge and I think he sealed his fate this game. I don't think it's fair but I can see a move being made.

avspatti

Dec 1, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
Thanks for coming over. Good luck going forward.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ

he should start with the coach and then go with plan B .
Trading a core player will be a mistake .

DP

My God , come on Joe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad