Jul 3, 2003
Tonight's the night we're gonna make it happen
Tonight we'll put all other things aside

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Just win, I want to watch them play respectable hockey one time before Avs hockey leaves us for months.

Yeah the draft pick, but I'm not rooting for a loss on the last day.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Just win, I want to watch them play respectable hockey one time before Avs hockey leaves us for months.

Yeah the draft pick, but I'm not rooting for a loss on the last day.

I sure as hell am. This team has lost 7 of the last 8 games and arguably the only game they showed any fight was vs Nashville. They better not come out guns blazing today.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I used to be pretty rabid about wanting Avs to win every game, even those when they were eliminated. Fight no matter what. But these days when I know every single point will be used as defense that Avs were close to the playoffs this year, I don't know if winning this game would be better in the long run.

The fewer excuses that can be used will probably be better for us. This team need to be honest about what they are and where they are in this off season. They have to change in a meaningful way.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I used to be pretty rabid about wanting Avs to win every game, even those when they were eliminated. Fight no matter what. But these days when I know every single point will be used as defense that Avs were close to the playoffs this year, I don't know if winning this game would be better in the long run.

The fewer excuses that can be used will probably be better for us. This team need to be honest about what they are and where they are in this off season. They have to change in a meaningful way.

I don't know that two more points can give you any more of an excuse, especially considering Minny lost 4 in a row and we lost five in a row prior to that.

They shot themselves in the foot already. Their only excuse for being close is that Minnesota is as inept and inconsistent as they are. The playoff line could have easily been 93-95 points or more. Nashville is probably the better marker IMO.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I don't even think the Avs have to necessarily lose tonight to make our draftpick better. With the Sens crushing Boston(s hopes), the Avs have locked up the #11 pick.

Lets just hope that the Devils can win in regulation against the Leafs and then the Avs could even win in a shootout and still get surpassed by the Devils.

ROW is the first tiebreaker IIRC?

So yeah. I am incredibly disappointed in how the Avs are performing right now and I really hope that some people in this organisation get the message.

But I am not sure I want them to go into the offseason on a 6 game losing streak.

The Devils have to get points anyways to surpass that so might as well hope for a regulation win and the Avs winning in a shootout to break that streak.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I don't even think the Avs have to necessarily lose tonight to make our draftpick better.

Lets just hope that the Devils can win in regulation against the Leafs and then the Avs could even win in a shootout and still get surpassed by the Devils.

ROW is the first tiebreaker IIRC?

So yeah. I am incredibly disappointed in how the Avs are performing right now and I really hope that some people in this organisation get the message.

But I am not sure I want them to go into the offseason on a 6 game losing streak.

The Devils have to get points anyways to surpass that so might as well hope for a regulation win and the Avs winning in a shootout to break that streak.

Points, ROW, then wins I think

So yeah if we won in a shootout lol and they won in regulation/ot I guess that would be the best case.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't know that two more points can give you any more of an excuse, especially considering Minny lost 4 in a row and we lost five in a row prior to that.

They shot themselves in the foot already. Their only excuse for being close is that Minnesota is as inept and inconsistent as they are. The playoff line could have easily been 93-95 points or more. Nashville is probably the better marker IMO.

Roy likely wouldn't see it that way though. If we win today and Minnesota loses, we'll probably hear about how this team is close to the playoffs since they only finished 3 points back of Minny when in reality, they're very, very far away

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Roy likely wouldn't see it that way though. If we win today and Minnesota loses, we'll probably hear about how this team is close to the playoffs since they only finished 3 points back of Minny when in reality, they're very, very far away

It would be sad as hell to listen to someone who cares so much about winning try to bring that argument to the table. People would see that, and he'd just throwing gasoline on the fire Roy fire.

I want to enjoy the last game of the season, Roy be damned.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

Which would be ludicrous.

The Avs are 25 points behind the division leader and 13 points ahead of the last place team in the whole NHL.

Yeah. Great.

If Roy really would be capable of using that excuse, I might want to change my answer regarding wanting to see them win and not go into the offseason on a losing streak.

I mean his whole stick was that the core players are not doing enough and the players have not pulling their weight enough and that it is not on him.

Well those last few games after we got eliminated (basically after that Minny game) have shown how inept this team looks if our players are not playing their hearts out.

How inept this whole system and coaching is.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Which would be ludicrous.

The Avs are 25 points behind the division leader and 13 points ahead of the last place team in the whole NHL.

Yeah. Great.

If Roy really would be capable of using that excuse, I might want to change my answer regarding wanting to see them win and not go into the offseason on a losing streak.

I mean his whole stick was that the core players are not doing enough and the players have not pulling their weight enough and that it is not on him.

Well those last few games after we got eliminated (basically after that Minny game) have shown how inept this team looks if our players are not playing their hearts out.

How inept this whole system and coaching is.

I think that's a pretty interesting point, and valid IMO.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Philly is on the verge of clinching a playoff spot if they can hold on against the Pens in the third.

Nice comeback down the wire. They were pretty far behind us at one point.

Oh their defense?

Nick Schultz (on the toppairing? Really?)- Mark Streit (38 years old)
Andrew MacDonald (back from the AHL) - Shayne Ghostisbehere (started in the AHL)
Bradon Manning (is he better than Bodnarchuk?) - Radko Gudas

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Philly is on the verge of clinching a playoff spot if they can hold on against the Pens in the third.

Oh their defense?

Andrew MacDonald (back from the AHL) - Shayne Ghostisbehere (started in the AHL)

It's all the players...coaches are there for the show. Just ask Robinson.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado

Oh their defense?

They must have a real special core. ;)

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Thanks to Ottawa earlier today we can't pick any higher then 11th.

However, an Avs loss and a Devils win would give us that #10 pick once again.

And at #10 we'd be guaranteed a very good prospect(At least IMO) again this year. Nylander, Juolevi, Tkachuk, Sergachev, Chychrun, and McCleod.

One of those guys is definitely still on the board at #10. And IMO that's the top group this year.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Thanks to Ottawa earlier today we can't pick any higher then 11th.

However, an Avs loss and a Devils win would give us that #10 pick once again.

And at #10 we'd be guaranteed a very good prospect(At least IMO) again this year. Nylander, Juolevi, Tkachuk, Sergachev, Chychrun, and McCleod.

One of those guys is definitely still on the board at #10. And IMO that's the top group this year.

Someone always drops...there's no 100% consensus. Teams spend million in their own scouting, the avs we'll get their chance at one of those good prospects whether they take them or not is up to them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad