GDT: Game 81: Detroit Red Wings @ Boston Bruins: Al Sobotka Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Playing for a spot in the playoffs and you get dominated 5-1, your goalie chased and have only 14 shots through 2 and half periods. I keep saying this...if the Wings fail to make the playoffs or get embarrassed in round 1 Blashill will be fired. I know you all don't believe it will happen and he gets at least another year...we'll see.

Depends who he can be replaced with. Not Julien if he's gone. He sucks 2

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
No he should not.. Holland should be fired. Can't fix the top six with a center and can't or won't fix the D... Is it a coaching problem or just a combo of lots of small things

he has been lost all year. the teams exhaustion level is just proof.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Trashill at it again.:shakehead:help: Team is terrible under pressure.
It's not the pressure, the guys are just spent. Most of the veterans have been completely flat in this game and we all know why. Should have inserted Mantha and Smith and changed up the lines to get some fresher legs into the top 6.

Our record in the second leg of back-to-backs this year is beyond awful. We shouldn't have expected this to be any different when Blash refuses to adjust his strategy.

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
No he should not.. Holland should be fired. Can't fix the top six with a center and can't or won't fix the D... Is it a coaching problem or just a combo of lots of small things
The whole organization needs a cleansing. From top to bottom. Both Holland and Blashill should be gone.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
The whole organization needs a cleansing. From top to bottom. Both Holland and Blashill should be gone.

I don't like what Blashill's done, but he's in a unique situation. He has the burden of keeping the streak going which undoubtedly gets tougher as the only elite players age. He "played by the rules" and went veteran heavy instead of suddenly experimenting and deviating from the Wings traditional recipe. He definitely deserves a ton of blame and really took the "ride the veterans" approach to the extreme, but I can see why he didn't upend the process.

Ultimately I'm just not sure if this is his game, or even his team. Who knows how much freedom Holland was ever willing to give a rookie coach in his storied organization with his legacy at stake.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
If the Leafs win our odds are still good at getting in. As for the third seed....not as good.

If my math is correct (it might not be I've been drowning my sorrow in whiskey) all we need is an ROW vs the rags and we're 3rd spot is ours regardless of what the Bruins do. After tonight we can max out at 95 pts and 40 ROW (assuming we get an ROW on sat) and the Bruins can max out at 95 pts and 39 ROW.

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia

No one should be fired. Get a 30 goal scoer. I would trade Gus and or Tatr plus if needed too. Get a top four that pushes Big Rig down to the last pairing and get someone with size who can score or better yet, hit people!! Get rid of those who are small and slow. Those addittions would solve a lot of issues.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Tell me again Blashill you idiot why you play this kid 5-6 minutes a night. Your career on the line and you don't get it

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
If my math is correct (it might not be I've been drowning my sorrow in whiskey) all we need is an ROW vs the rags and we're 3rd spot is ours regardless of what the Bruins do. After tonight we can max out at 95 pts and 40 ROW (assuming we get an ROW on sat) and the Bruins can max out at 95 pts and 39 ROW.

You are correct. Drunk you is better then some people at math

PuckDynasty

May 3, 2014
While you're at Hockey Players R Us to pick up that 30 goal scorer, add in a big, tough offensive, puck moving defenseman that's 25 years old. If they have a BOGO, even better.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Athanasiou got 12+ minutes tonight and Zetterberg only had 16. If you check out the game logs, this rarity only happens during blow outs.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
12983954_10208022009440742_8300748104487202833_o.jpg

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
While you're at Hockey Players R Us to pick up that 30 goal scorer, add in a big, tough offensive, puck moving defenseman that's 25 years old. If they have a BOGO, even better.

Isn't that a store? Where you use money to purchase things? Just because something isn't on sale doesn't mean you can't buy it. Stamkos it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA