GDT: Game #80: Minnesota Wild @ St. Louis Blues "Slumpbuster"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Colorado just overtook Central.

I didnt think that was even possible a week ago. Should have known.

Good thing is that Ive now gone from expecting wins to expecting losses. Makes the inevitable easier.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I honestly don't care about winning the division at all. I'm reserving most of my worry for the health of Backes, Oshie, and Tarasenko. The leftovers go into the overall quality of the team's play right now.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
I honestly don't care about winning the division at all. I'm reserving most of my worry for the health of Backes, Oshie, and Tarasenko. The leftovers go into the overall quality of the team's play right now.

Yeah, but winning the division might have given those guys time to come back for the very obvious reasons.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

true, but winning the division is also in our best interests. Minnesota is a much more favorable matchup than chicago.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
What happens if we play Chicago and get swept first round?

Nothing. Its all but guaranteed at this point. Blues are injured, they will get their guys back just in time. Must be nice.

Only way the Blues get by them is if Steen and Schwartz go nuts.

illninofan*

We need to go all in for offense in the offseason:

Vanek-Stastny-Tarasenko
Steen-Backes-Oshie
Berglund-Sobotka-Jaskin
Paajarvi-Lapierre-Reaves
Porter

Defense

Allen
Elliott

Let Miller, Ott, Morrow, Roy and the rest of the trash walk.

Bluesfan2308

Feb 21, 2014
I really do not like the Blackhawks speed especially considering our defense and supposedly elite goalie have turned to crap.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009

Vanek-Stastny-Tarasenko
Steen-Backes-Oshie
Berglund-Sobotka-Jaskin
Paajarvi-Lapierre-Reaves
Porter

Defense

Allen
Elliott

What happens with Schwartz?

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

Vanek-Stastny-Tarasenko
Steen-Backes-Oshie
Berglund-Sobotka-Jaskin
Paajarvi-Lapierre-Reaves
Porter

Defense

Allen
Elliott

You're forgetting some guy named Schwartz. He's an ok player:sarcasm:. In all seriousness though, I don't think we could afford Stastny and Vanek, and I'd much rather have Stastny.

Megalodan

Registered Loser
Mar 11, 2011
Drinkscotch Center
All things considered, this probably helps out re-signing Miller at a lower cost. If he re-signs.

Elliott in playoffs is a distinct possibility right now >_>

EDIT: to clarify i like ryan miller, but i think he needs more time to adjust to the team / the team to adjust to him. elliott knows the system and is our best chance right now, but i think miller can improve given time. /optimism

Bluesfan2308

Feb 21, 2014
Miller is gonna be frustrating in the playoffs. I could see him dominating a shutout or 1 goal game then getting blasted for 5 goals the next.

Basically Halak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad