GDT: Game #80: Minnesota Wild @ St. Louis Blues "Slumpbuster"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
I just puked in my mouth

Take a deep breath before you read this...

Schwartz-Sobotka-Steen
Morrow-Roy/Ott-Berglund

That's your top 6 in round one. Army better ditch signing Miller and go after Statsny in the offseason. The center position is weak. They may try to put Berglund back at C and move another warm body in on RW. Stewart would actually be useful at this point and that is sad.

Oh what should have been:

Oshie-Backes-Steen
Schwartz-Sobotka-Tarasenko

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Miller was never the missing piece anyway. It always was, and still is another top six center. Miller is better than Halak/Elliott but he was not nearly enough of an upgrade to justify the price we paid.

Yoko Ono*

Armstrong is a goof this guy has done a terrible job, they would have never needed a goalie had he held on to Bishop. I have said it for 4 years now they need a true No. 1 playmaking center and a true No. 1 Dman. At least they have the No. 1 goalie now.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I guess I just don't understand, does the team just think they can flip a switch and magically stop playing like this?

Just really depressed to see such a promising season/promising playoff chances swirling fast right down the drain. Is there any chance they can make it back to mid-season form, with just 2 regular season games left? Because it just doesn't sound like a good idea to go into the playoffs still trying to find all aspects of your game. I sure would like to see some sort of different reaction from Hitch, he needs to give these guys a wakeup call, and his same ole same ole rap isn't gonna be enough I don't think. He's got to be starting to panic (or at least he should be) it's time he gets drastic and calls these guys ontheir mess. We need a monumental effort from this team from here on out, just to have a chance of getting back to some form of normalcy.

Yoko Ono*

I have been waiting for Yoko to post all night. Need a good laugh to take away this frustration

I am happy you enjoy my posts I do have one thing most Blues fans don't and that is the realization that this management team is completely inept. They are the Best Buy of hockey franchises.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
I have been waiting for Yoko to post all night. Need a good laugh to take away this frustration

I remember this guy from the STLBlues board. Not sure what he meant by not having a No 1 D-man if you read between the lines.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I am happy you enjoy my posts I do have one thing most Blues fans don't and that is the realization that this management team is completely inept. They are the Best Buy of hockey franchises.

If they were completely inept, we'd be where the Oilers are. Some moves can be questioned, but inept is the Oilers, not us, but hey, at least we aren't Circuit City.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

You're right. Teams with 111 points have completely inept management. Thanks for the laugh. I needed it.

Bluesfan2308

Feb 21, 2014
Sigh, it's definitely not all Miller's fault but it would be nice if he could have stolen a few of these remaining games considering what the Blues gave up.

At least lose the games in OT and still pick up a point.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012

HAHA. I love your passion for the Blues, but I dont enjoy the complete disregard for reality. No need to exaggerate. Army took a chance, its not worked out yet but this team will still end up top 3 in the West. You cant argue that.

Man, why are you making me be positive? Im still pissed at this team. Stop making me support them even in the little capacity I can at this point.

Yoko Ono*

You're right. Teams with 111 points have completely inept management. Thanks for the laugh. I needed it.

Babysitting players from the Pleau/Kekalainen era is not a tough job. Dumping assets from that era for nothing is Armstrong as usual. It has to be encouraging for you guys that back him unconditionally that the Blues have no first round picks for close to 5 seasons now. Dallas is just now recovering from their Army hangover.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Babysitting players from the Pleau/Kekalainen era is not a tough job. Dumping assets from that era for nothing is Armstrong as usual. It has to be encouraging for you guys that back him unconditionally that the Blues have no first round picks for close to 5 seasons now. Dallas is just now recovering from their Army hangover.

Name me one team that hasnt lost a decent player in a similar circumstance over the last 10 years. You cant name one because you will name 30.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Ahaha if we face Chicago in round 1 I'm not sure if I can help but laugh. Since we can't play LA, that's the next Blusiest thing that would happen to us.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
XYILv8z.jpg

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Ahaha if we face Chicago in round 1 I'm not sure if I can help but laugh. Since we can't play LA, that's the next Blusiest thing that would happen to us.

Haha, exactly. This idiotic franchise..., who did they piss off? I have faith that Stillman will make sure that this doesnt continue. Id imagine he's pretty much frustrated right now. I think he's the singular most important part of this team potentially winning a Cup in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad