GDT: Game 80: Isles @ Caps | Regular Season Home Finale | 4/26/2022 | 7:00p

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
You guys were fine until samsonov laid an absolute egg in the 3rd, forgetting he was a goalie and not playing badminton or something else - he seemed lost out there.

I don't care if you win the SC, I need Ovi back and you guys to get your act together and play more consistently because I do NOT want the TBL trash winning another one. Rest your vets for the next few games so you can get into the PO fresher with a better chance at taking out the lightning.
lol you are dreaming if you think the Caps are even going to make it far enough to play the Lightning. The Panthers are going to annihilate us with 8+ goals per game.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Missed the game, just saw Sammy's abortion on replay. Great googly moogly, terribad. I'd bench his ass for the remainder of the RS and the trade him and Mojo to the Kraken for "future considerations".

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Can Lavi make the adjustments necessary to give his team a legitimate chance to win a best-of-7 series and can the players he puts on the ice successfully execute the game strategies, regardless of who the opponent is (Panthers, cough, cough)?

I don't think so.

Reactions: Drakon

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I wouldn't even dress him as a backup at this point. Call up Fucale or Copley.
Since the playoffs are a new season, start Fucale. I'm not getting critical again until game 2 of the playoffs. The team is in and no pressure at all compared to a lot of teams. Might as well start clean at goal the first game.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Yes goalies are shitty, but my gut feeling is this team will struggle to consistently generate offense in the playoffs, kind of like last year. Against the Bruins in the playoffs we scored: 3, 3, 2, 1, 1 goals. That's just not gonna cut it.

I feel like Oshie is trying to do a little too much rather than keeping his game simple. He seems to want to puck handle around defensemen, and he just doesn't seem to be able to do these things anymore.

I know everyone loves the way Mantha plays, but are we happy with his production? He is such an enigma to me, some nights he looks so good and other nights he looks disinterested.

Other than the 4 line we don't have any other line that plays with any consistency.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Yes goalies are shitty, but my gut feeling is this team will struggle to consistently generate offense in the playoffs, kind of like last year. Against the Bruins in the playoffs we scored: 3, 3, 2, 1, 1 goals. That's just not gonna cut it.

I feel like Oshie is trying to do a little too much rather than keeping his game simple. He seems to want to puck handle around defensemen, and he just doesn't seem to be able to do these things anymore.

I know everyone loves the way Mantha plays, but are we happy with his production? He is such an enigma to me, some nights he looks so good and other nights he looks disinterested.

Other than the 4 line we don't have any other line that plays with any consistency.

Mantha has had a bad stretch, but he’s still scoring at a good clip at 5v5. 2.42 points/60, only lower than Ovechkin on the team.

Ultimately I agree with your overall point. They just don’t generate enough good looks offensively. It’s kind of why I want to see them play Florida this year: Florida isn’t fantastic defensively and their goalies are question marks. I don’t want to see another series against a rock solid defense like the Bruins or Islanders. Firewagon hockey seems like much more fun!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Late playoff avatar contender?

spinning sammy skater playoff 2.gif

:sarcasm:

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
If Sammy had made a save with that spin move it would have been the coolest save ever. It was a high risk high reward move and Sammy lost.

Last edited:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
On closer inspection it appears that the only reason the puck went in was because after it hit the post it hit Sammy's arm and then went in. It looks like it may not have otherwise gone in.

That's an all-timer from Sammy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad