GDT: Game 80: Isles @ Caps | Regular Season Home Finale | 4/26/2022 | 7:00p

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
The Caps have always looked significantly worse when Ovechkin is out of the lineup. He’s the heart and soul of the team.

It’s funny because the Penguins don’t seem to miss a beat when Malkin or Crosby are out.
And supposedly we have a lot of ‘veteran leadership’ on the roster. I didn’t see any of it tonight.

Orlov and Sheary — and i guess Mojo too — were the only ones who looked like they gave a shit

Reactions: crab

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Speaking of regression, BMac started out fire and has made a series of wretched moves/non moves.

The good will is about spent.

If they are bounced in the 1st round a 4th consecutive year they need to clean house and seriously consider a rebuild.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
Speaking of regression, BMac started out fire and has made a series of wretched moves/non moves.

The good will is about spent.

If they are bounced in the 1st round a 4th consecutive year they need to clean house and seriously consider a rebuild.
I don’t think a rebuild is in order but BMac should be on the hot seat without a doubt.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
They're just going to keep chugging on to 895. Goaltending will be the excuse and they'll probably give up the farm for someone established in the off-season. Then just keep doing the same ol' same ol'.

hockeyfanplayer

Dec 14, 2021
Vanecek is sub par but at least he’s professional.

I’ve never seen a goalie regress as blatantly as Sammy. His fundamentals are piss poor.

He plays the position like a user controlled EA Sports goalie.
You guys were fine until samsonov laid an absolute egg in the 3rd, forgetting he was a goalie and not playing badminton or something else - he seemed lost out there.

I don't care if you win the SC, I need Ovi back and you guys to get your act together and play more consistently because I do NOT want the TBL trash winning another one. Rest your vets for the next few games so you can get into the PO fresher with a better chance at taking out the lightning.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
FRUEiW_XwAATF3e

Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
wow that was some bad hockey. i will pretend we tried to play tonight.

how much money for Backstrom to be a bystander? Love when Sam'not-my-fault' stares daggers at his own defenders.

Get well OV

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I know I should be angry with Sammy, but he's so bad in such an outrageously comic fashion that it's hard not to laugh instead.
You should be angry with Bmac who knew this team had goaltending issues MONTHS ago and did nothing to address them.
I would also add Lavi because of his choices around who plays in goal. VV shut out Arizona (admittedly the worst team but a shutout is a shutout), then let Toronto back in with a bad goal (some say two bad goals but i say the team in front of VV didn't handle the pressure either when Toronto pushed back at 6v5), and got benched yet again in favour of Samschmuckov. I really think if VV was given the majority of starts in the last few weeks he would have risen to the task. Sure he lets in some crappy goals but he is better than the clown who loses his stick and swims around in the crease. At this late stage with the playoffs about to start I doubt VV has any confidence at all. Oh and nor does the team when it comes to Samsonov. Especially after tonight's joke-fest.

So yeah, playoffs are gonna be great - sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad