GDT: Game 8: Sabres vs Kings - 10/20 3:30pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
f***ing Pominville standing f***ing still out of gas after 35 seconds. Phil can’t you see this?

Reactions: jc17

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
We may be up 1-0, but a typical Sabres period. Boring as hell, bad transition, and no plan of attack. That look Kovy had; we go games without that. Why?

steveoath

GHC 141
Jul 31, 2018
At least we go in with the lead. Shot blocking has been not bad. Too many passes to no one though.

Dahlin is a joy to watch. We need a team around him.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Anyone see Eichel exhale after smiling when getting up next to Poms, it was probably a load off after that sharks game.

No one was really good or bad in that period, ....was just a conservative one but both teams looked like they were playing desperately not to lose then to win.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Jack better learn that Dahlin is wearing the same jersey. He had two chances to spring him for a rush and didn’t pass it.

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne
Nobody on the Sabres has been bad tonight. I really liked Mittlestadt's backcheck when he basically got back and took back the puck.

Seems like Housley have been drilling them to just throw pucks at net and see what's happens. They have had a few shots more this period i think, feels that way anyway. Just stay away from stupid penalties and learn how to get out of the d-zone in a faster way than what they are doing because Kings are forechecking high and that's a problem when the Sabres are so slow and sloppy of playing the puck.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Reinharts new name should be Grizzly. I swear he hibernates and wakes up in January every season.

It’s early but I really thought going 37 in 39 or whatever he did was the start of something.

M
Toronto has a message board if you prefer being unrelentingly negative about anything positive that happens to buffalo.

Is he a leaf fan posing as a sabres fan? Stranger things have happened.

Eichel wasn’t great in that period and scores, he goes all world versus the sharks and doesent get a point, go figure.

Reactions: Fearnot

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I’m laughing at the Pommer hate. It was predictable and it was pointless. He’s played well but made a few mistakes. If you hate him and think he’s a 4th liner or not even a NHLer. Why on earth do you then bash him for doing basically ok on the top line? By your own definition of him that means he’s overperforming.

For as small and non physical as Pommer is he consistently plays a straight line game, goes to the net and pays the price. Jack also seems comfortable with him. Why some of you spend so much energy and time trying to hammer him is beyond me. His play shouldn’t even crack the top 10 of players to worry about.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I’m talking about the whole play to get into the zone, from Eichel colliding with another Sabres player prior to entering the zone, Eichel fanning on a shot, LA missing firing on the puck, and then them getting a shot which deflected 2x and then the goalie puts it into his net. That wasnt a product of talent or skill, by a product of luck, which you need sometimes.

If anybody came away more confident about our play after that, then yikes.
I am more confident.

You're right, it was lucky and it was ugly.

But it's a play that doesn't happen if Eichel's motor isn't going 100%. It was an all effort, desperation kind of play that we've been sorely lacking in this season and basically every season since the tank began.

The PES line had another shift with that same desperate effort later in the period. It's refreshing to see our "star" players getting into the dirty areas and trying to force a goal. We certainly don't have the finesse or skill to score 5v5, so desperation effort goals are what we need.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
I’m laughing at the Pommer hate. It was predictable and it was pointless. He’s played well but made a few mistakes. If you hate him and think he’s a 4th liner or not even a NHLer. Why on earth do you then bash him for doing basically ok on the top line? By your own definition of him that means he’s overperforming.

For as small and non physical as Pommer is he consistently plays a straight line game, goes to the net and pays the price. Jack also seems comfortable with him. Why some of you spend so much emergency and time trying to hammer him is beyond me.
It's been evident Poms found his early season legs again since the opener, I'm not sure why some are still ripping on him and Girgs when the lineup has far more immediate problems.

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne

For as small and non physical as Pommer is he consistently plays a straight line game, goes to the net and pays the price. Jack also seems comfortable with him. Why some of you spend so much energy and time trying to hammer him is beyond me. His play shouldn’t even crack the top 10 of players to worry about.
I think fans also should show a man with a history with the Sabres as long as it has been, some damn respect. He doesn't deserve to get talked about in that vain, he always tries his best even though he's getting older and doesn't have the same wheels or stamina anymore. He's still a good hockey player.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

A guess: Speed (or lack thereof) is much more noticeable and easier to appreciate than IQ to most fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad