GDT: Game 8: Sabres vs Kings - 10/20 3:30pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Good to see the smiles in those thumbnails.

giphy.gif

Jamie Walker

May 2, 2004
Hamilton, Ont.
He had Eichel wide open. Eichel is already paid for so giving him the puck in that situation doesn't hurt the team. Plus that's Jack Eichel's favorite thing to do as 10% of his career goals are ENG. Skinner knew scoring that goal would come back to help him during contract negotiations and he felt no shame scoring. He's probably looking at $8 Million now. Who knows how much with a few more. Is he even in Buffalo's price range after this game?

even jack was passing to him to try and get him the hattie. maybe jack's trying to "hurt the team"?

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I really HATE what Housley is doing with these lines. Stop being a paranoid twit and let the team gel some. Pominville makes ZERO sense with Eichel unless it's on a PP which again, why is he on the PP1.

Member 308457

Good game vs. a team that seems to be in disarray. Eichel fights and hangs on to the puck like no other. That one assist to Skinner, Exhibit A. One thing that bothered me was no one on the ice stood up to Forbort when he crosschecked Skinner in the back hard well after his second goal.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I really HATE what Housley is doing with these lines. Stop being a paranoid twit and let the team gel some. Pominville makes ZERO sense with Eichel unless it's on a PP which again, why is he on the PP1.
This seems like a pretty odd complaint after this game.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
It's honestly an overall complaint. I'm just irritated with the fluctuations and the inability to let the players work things out on the ice.
I mean...no...that's not what you do in the NHL. If players aren't working well together, you shuffle the lines and try to create a lineup that works. If we weren't winning and just sticking with the status quo on the lines so they can "work it out" I'd be absolutely furious. Juggling the lines is what a good coach does when it's necessary.

Reactions: joshjull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad