GDT: Game #8: LEAFS vs PENS | Thurs, Oct 18 @ 7 PM EST | Scotiabank Arena | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017

Ook sir, so it doesn't look like andersen frederik is playing tomorrow no? Is I right? I would like some help and an answer here cause y'all is knowing hockey. We still might crush these fools real hard tomorrow bank on that thang! I watched the van game yesterday. Their club is playing real conservative passive minded careful hockey.... man I was laughing out hard 5 on 5 hockey. That team is like a merkonom team. They only wait and want those powerplays. It's a powerplay team. I piss on those fools. They are not a good hockey club at this moment. See for y'all selves tomorrow. :television: :set: :color tv: :tv: :broadcast:

NoTouchIcing

Feb 3, 2010
Guelph, ON
Ook sir, so it doesn't look like andersen frederik is playing tomorrow no? Is I right? I would like some help and an answer here cause y'all is knowing hockey. We still might crush these fools real hard tomorrow bank on that thang! I watched the van game yesterday. Their club is playing real conservative passive minded careful hockey.... man I was laughing out hard 5 on 5 hockey. That team is like a merkonom team. They only wait and want those powerplays. It's a powerplay team. I piss on those fools. They are not a good hockey club at this moment. See for y'all selves tomorrow. :television: :set: :color tv: :tv: :broadcast:
They sent McAdam down, so it's likely he's at least on the bench.
I wouldn't believe they would put him on the bench either if he wasn't ready to start.

Reactions: Buds17

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Not gonna bother waiting till after midnight -- converting this to GDT ;)

LEAFS KEEP IT ROLLIN'
Next Up...

VsMY1Pt.png

Projected Lineup
:leafs
(6-1-0)
08uP581.png

Marleau-Matthews-Kapanen
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Lindholm-Kadri-Brown
Leivo-Gauthier-Johnsson/Ennis

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Ozhiganov

(?)
Andersen/Sparks

:pens
(2-1-2)
PQYljvT.png

Guentzel - Crosby - Brassard
Hagelin - Malkin - Kessel
Rust - Sheahan - Hornqvist
Simon - Cullen - Sprong

Dumoulin - Letang
Oleksiak - Johnson
Riikola - Maatta

(?)
Murray/DeSmith

LET'S GO
YlFfibk.gif

(GIF by @Isuckatpicking)

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
Pens give up a ton of high danger chances too. This should be another shootout. If our offense slows down it won't be this game.

Gsh

Oct 14, 2018

Please, for my own sanity stop

Reactions: Critical91

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Crosby vs Matthews
Malkin vs Tavares
Kessel vs Marner
Letang vs Rielly

Remember before losing to the champs in the playoffs; this is the team that won back to back the years prior and honestly I still think they are better then Washington.

Reactions: SnizzMitch

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

If its Sparks, the Penguins maybe score 3-4. With their defense, we'll score 6. No problem.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Crosby vs Matthews
Malkin vs Tavares
Kessel vs Marner
Letang vs Rielly

Remember before losing to the champs in the playoffs; this is the team that won back to back the years prior and honestly I still think they are better then Washington.

Also:

??? vs Kadri
??? vs Kapanen
??? vs. Marleau
??? vs. Gardiner (as Schultz is out)

I think we've got it.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto

Word up, C!

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Stanley cup champion Lars Eller

Yeah there are a ton of irrelevant players who are on the cup. Teller isn’t the most irrelevant ever but he is way down list of caps important players. Scoring a “cup winning goal” does not mean the player is some legend of the game

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Not gonna bother waiting till after midnight -- converting this to GDT ;)

LEAFS KEEP IT ROLLIN'
Next Up...

VsMY1Pt.png

Projected Lineup
:leafs
(6-1-0)
08uP581.png

Marleau-Matthews-Kapanen
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Lindholm-Kadri-Brown
Leivo-Gauthier-Johnsson/Ennis

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Ozhiganov

(?)
Andersen/Sparks

:pens
(2-1-2)
PQYljvT.png

Guentzel - Crosby - Brassard
Hagelin - Malkin - Kessel
Rust - Sheahan - Hornqvist
Simon - Cullen - Sprong

Dumoulin - Letang
Oleksiak - Johnson
Riikola - Maatta

(?)
Murray/DeSmith

LET'S GO
YlFfibk.gif

(GIF by @Isuckatpicking)

Lmfao marleu on that gif is legendary

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
GAME DAY: Penguins at Maple Leafs
Terry KoshanMore from Terry Koshan

GAME DAY: Penguins at Maple Leafs

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS at TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS
7 p.m., Thursday
Scotiabank Arena, TSN, TSN Radio 1050

BIG MATCHUP
Sidney Crosby vs. Auston Matthews

While there’s debate as to whether Auston Matthews is a better player right now than Connor McDavid (he isn’t), Matthews likely gets to concern himself with another fine Canadian, one Sidney Crosby. The latter goes into Thursday in search of his first goal of 2018-19, so it’s worth keeping in mind that in 40 career games versus Toronto, Crosby has 26 goals (and 31 assists). Crosby will be that much hungrier, if that’s possible.
FIVE KEYS TO THE GAME
1. Freddie returns?

The Maple Leafs had a day off Wednesday, so there was no update from the team on No. 1 goalie Frederik Andersen, who is dealing with a knee issue. But Eamon McAdam, who had been summoned on an emergency basis, was loaned to the Marlies, an indication that Andersen is good to go. If not, Garret Sparks put some faith in the coaching staff with a 33-save victory against Los Angeles on Monday.
2. The amazin’ Auston
Auston Matthews has had two points in every game this season, except for Oct. 7 at Chicago, when he recorded four. The win against the Kings marked the first time Matthews has not scored a goal, but so what —is 16 points lead the NHL and Matthews is getting it done with 16 minutes six seconds of ice time at even-strength, 14th-most among NHL forwards prior to Wednesday. Matthews has one goal and two assists in five career games versus Pittsburgh.
3. Murray on tap
While the Leafs’ goaltending picture remains a bit unclear, the thinking is Matt Murray will be in the Penguins net, which would be his first appearance since suffering a concussion in practice on Oct. 8. Murray could be rusty, and he acknowledged on Wednesday that the Leafs are “dynamic” and that “it’s going to be a difficult game for us,” but he does have a .945 save percentage in four career games against Toronto. Not an easy out for the Leafs.
4. Line on Malkin
Coach Mike Sullivan has tinkered with his lines as his Penguins club starts a four-game trip with a middling 2-1-2 record. One consistency is Evgeni Malkin between Carl Hagelin and Phil Kessel, though Sullivan said on Wednesday that he wants to see more structure from the trio when it does not have the puck. Malkin has been a tricky opponent for Toronto, riding a six-game point streak versus the Leafs.
5. Men in the middle
The Leafs passed a tough test on Saturday when they beat the Capitals, a team that boasts formidable depth at centre. The Penguins pose a similar kind of obstacle with Crosby, Malkin, Derick Brassard and Matt Cullen, who is still playing at the age of 41. Pittsburgh was third in the NHL with a 54.7% winning rate in the faceoff circle, while the Leafs were 14th at 50.5%. Puck retrieval will be key for Toronto if it doesn’t immediately gain possession on faceoffs.
MAPLE LEAFS LINES
LW-C-RW

Patrick Marleau-Auston Matthews-Kasperi Kapanen
Zach Hyman-John Tavares-Mitch Marner
Par Lindholm-Nazem Kadri-Connor Brown
Andreas Johnsson-Frederik Gauthier-Josh Leivo
Defence pairs
Morgan Rielly-Ron Hainsey
Jake Gardiner-Nikita Zaitsev
Travis Dermott-Igor Ozhiganov
Goaltenders
Frederik Andersen
Garret Sparks
PENGUINS LINES
LW-C-RW

Jake Guentzel-Sidney Crosby-Bryan Rust
Carl Hagelin-Evgeni Malkin-Phil Kessel
Dominik Simon-Derick Brassard-Patric Hornqvist
Daniel Sprong-Matt Cullen-Riley Sheahan
Defence pairs
Brian Dumoulin-Kris Letang
Olli Maatta-Jamie Oleksiak
Jack Johnson-Juuso Riikola
Goaltenders
Matt Murray
Casey DeSmith
INJURIES
Penguins — D Justin Schultz (leg).
Maple Leafs — None.
SPECIAL TEAMS
Power play
Penguins: 23.1% (15th)
Maple Leafs: 47.4% (1st)
Penalty kill
Penguins: 92.3% (4th)
Maple Leafs: 84.2% (8th)

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Another big test for this team. Pens have lost 2 of the last 3 games, their only win against a struggling Vegas team. Should be a high energy game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad