GDT: Game #8: LEAFS vs PENS | Thurs, Oct 18 @ 7 PM EST | Scotiabank Arena | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
YlFfibk.gif

(GIF by @Isuckatpicking)
Unreal. Wish a few more faces were covered with leafs tho. Marner on the left, Rielly on the right.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I hope Andersen can go, Sparks was GREAT against LA but this is a different level it's a different class and I want Andersen in net

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
LEAFS KEEP IT ROLLIN'
Next Up...

HUj0Qr4.png

Projected Lineup
:leafs
(6-1-0)

Marleau-Matthews-Kapanen
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Lindholm-Kadri-Brown
Leivo-Gauthier-Johnsson/Ennis

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Ozhiganov

Andersen/Sparks

:pens
(2-1-1)

Guentzel - Crosby - Brassard
Hagelin - Malkin - Kessel
Rust - Sheahan - Hornqvist
Simon - Cullen - Sprong

Dumoulin - Letang
Oleksiak - Johnson
Riikola - Maatta

Murray/DeSmith

LET'S GO
YlFfibk.gif

(GIF by @Isuckatpicking)

You guys are awesome. I never get tired of these GIFs.
The best.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
this means they will play lights out against the Leafs :help:

They might but I think the better explanation is that these teams are getting old now. The Leafs rebuilt at the perfect time. They will be the top team in the East for a decade if they are smart.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
They’re scoring, they’re finishing on their chances well and the Toronto Maple Leafs are winning, so this may seem like navel gazing or being unduly critical of a great start to the season for the team while Matthews is putting up historical numbers, but this is the type of play that sees you exiting the first round with your tail between your legs.

This is fun, wide-open early season hockey, but you’ve got to learn how to check and fight through checks, which isn’t happening right now. The Leafs have been beating up on tin cans, for the most part, but the competition is going to rise and Matthews is going to have to remember what it’s like playing in quicksand in the dzone and through the neutral zone like it is in the playoffs.

I don’t need to tell Babcock this. The next time he seems like he’s being a jerk for fun and is reticent to praise a player having a big game, in the back of his mind he knows this is one-and-done hockey in the playoffs. Last night was stick lifts and virtually no body contact in all three zones. He doesn’t need to be Gary or Wendel, but he needs to dig in a bit harder.

Game #7 Review: Toronto Maple Leafs 4 vs Los Angeles Kings 1 | Maple Leafs Hotstove

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Did he win it by himself or something? Never been a fan of people saying "player x is a Stanley Cup champion". But I am pretty sure this was just a cheeky comment.

I was trying to be cheeky lol.

In all seriousness he did have a great playoffs, but his comments come off a little cocky. Hes probably just sick of the leafs hype.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Whenever I think the score is going to be one-hundred million billion to one-hundred million billion and one,
both teams get serious and end up playing conservative. 3-1 win with an empty netter.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I feel like we're due for a correction.

Pens win 4-1.

But I'm down for going 81-1

Me too. Leafs are due for a loss and Pens are due to start winning. Also Freddy's knee is a bit of a concern. Sparks might have a decent season but teams like the Penguins are what they pay Andersen for. There are at least 20 teams I would rather see GS starting against. But there are also a couple of Leafs forwards that are due to start producing.

ninetyone

Jul 12, 2018
i don't care much for the "due for a loss" crap, no reason the Leafs can't win this game. Pittsburgh hasn't looked that great this year, they have goalie problems, Leafs are on FIRE and THEY are due for an offensive breakout as well. Matthews hasn't even got any hat-tricks this year.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Me too. Leafs are due for a loss and Pens are due to start winning. Also Freddy's knee is a bit of a concern. Sparks might have a decent season but teams like the Penguins are what they pay Andersen for. There are at least 20 teams I would rather see GS starting against. But there are also a couple of Leafs forwards that are due to start producing.

I call BS on this BS.

Reactions: IBeL34f and Pi

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Just throw 34 out against 87 and 91 against 71

Roll the bottom 2 lines and let Naz dominate

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Looks like Andersen is good to go. The replies to this tweet are amazing too, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad