GDT: Game 8 JP Development CAPPED // Caps @ Oilers // Oct 25 @ 7 PM MST // TV: SN-1

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
JP has been inconsistent this year but I dont think he should of been benched. If they are going to play Marody on the fourth line, maybe he should be center and Brodziak should be benched and leave JP in.

Brodziak and Kassian have been worse.

But yeah accountability.

Still baffles me that Koskinen hasn’t played.

WE lack virtually any wingers to play in topsix, especially with the Rattie injury, and we're scratching Puljujarvi again. I wonder what the press is on this in Finland. What a monumentally stupid decision.

McLellan screwing with things until he's fired. Must have a holiday booked or something and he's trying to make it happen faster.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Oh boy. Now we’re saying Puljujarvi hasn’t even earned a spot on the roster? Guess that’s what happens when you struggle for a couple games.

He's struggled for the entire regular season.
He's struggled since he was drafted.
The only time he hasn't struggled was during the most recent training camp.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
WE lack virtually any wingers to play in topsix, especially with the Rattie injury, and we're scratching Puljujarvi again. I wonder what the press is on this in Finland. What a monumentally stupid decision.

As dumb as it sounds I think we look better our there and I'm pretty sure we score more when Rattie is injured. Rattie falls down and bobbles the puck too often. Less offensively gifted version of Martin Gelinas.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oh boy. Now we’re saying Puljujarvi hasn’t even earned a spot on the roster? Guess that’s what happens when you struggle for a couple games.

Yep, can't even fathom how bad this club will look without him in the lineup. McLellan just drawing at straws. Not sure if this is supposed to get his sorry ass fired quicker.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Yep, can't even fathom how bad this club will look without him in the lineup. McLellan just drawing at straws. Not sure if this is supposed to get his sorry ass fired quicker.

For real? You can't imagine how bad they will look without him? At best he's a 40 point forward this year, and right now it looks like pretty much every guy on the RW is basically interchangeable. No one has stood out there.

I like Puljujarvi, and I really liked what he brought in the preseason when he was carrying the puck more and creating plays in the offensive zone. But that's pretty much disappeared from his game through the first seven games. He'll be back, and hopefully he plays up to what he's capable of. But having him in the lineup or not will have no impact on the result tonight, in my opinion.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
For real? You can't imagine how bad they will look without him? At best he's a 40 point forward this year, and right now it looks like pretty much every guy on the RW is basically interchangeable. No one has stood out there.

I like Puljujarvi, and I really liked what he brought in the preseason when he was carrying the puck more and creating plays in the offensive zone. But that's pretty much disappeared from his game through the first seven games. He'll be back, and hopefully he plays up to what he's capable of. But having him in the lineup or not will have no impact on the result tonight, in my opinion.

WE have hardly any topsix worthy wingers and we're scratching our best winger prospect. IN a word this is stupid.

Pulju's strong play contributed to the first Draisaitl goal in just the last game this team played.

I like Pulju with Drai and Reider. They have looked good when together and against very tough opposition. I'm not sure what the problem was.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Actually I think it will have a positive impact because the player that replaces Puljujarvi will likely have a more significant impact.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
He's struggled for the entire regular season.
He's struggled since he was drafted.
The only time he hasn't struggled was during the most recent training camp.

He was good up until being moved up with Draisaitl.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hoping that Khaira picks his game up after getting some time in the PB. We need all hands on deck if we are going anywhere this season.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Marody, Chiasson >> Drake, Kass
Depends on the version of Drake. His first game back after being scratched was great.. If he brings that tenacity tonight then he would be a big upgrade over Kassian and Puljujarvi . The 2 were super sheltered gertinggminimal minutes but still ended up a combined -4.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Pulju and Kassian were our weakest forwards last game.. not sure why people are upset over them being scratched for Marody , Chaisson and Caggiula. It's not the end of the world.
Yeah I agree. I just wish there was a better way to help Pulju improve. I agree hes been bad, but is the solution really playing him in the bottom 6 or scratching him? Is bakerfield even helpful too him? He hasnt played well enough to get bumped up either so I dont think force feeding him minutes in an option either.

Stumped on how to handle him to be honest.

Reactions: LTIR

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
WE have hardly any topsix worthy wingers and we're scratching our best winger prospect. IN a word this is stupid.

Pulju's strong play contributed to the first Draisaitl goal in just the last game this team played.

I like Pulju with Drai and Reider. They have looked good when together and against very tough opposition. I'm not sure what the problem was.

TMac is hoping that Chaisson can save his job for him for a few more games.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Yeah I agree. I just wish there was a better way to help Pulju improve. I agree hes been bad, but is the solution really playing him in the bottom 6 or scratching him? Is bakerfield even helpful too him? He hasnt played well enough to get bumped up either so I dont think force feeding him minutes in an option either.

Not saying that he should be given McDavid minutes, but in his history as an Oiler Puljujarvi has produced at a high rate with Connor. He has one shift with him this season and scored on it. If Yamamoto continues to accomplish little on the top line it might be worth a shot. It not like we have any better option for that role.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

I think he wasn't happy the last time he was sent to AHL. It could be helpful for his career if they don't piss him off. It's all about the way the management deals with him.

Oil75

Feb 26, 2017
No team will win anything with Cap Space as the 3rd line centre....how many games will he go before he scores a point against the soft parade??

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Is this a joke?
We are not talking about RNH, Draisaitl or Larsson here. Pulju is in the same tier as Yamamoto Strome Toby and Caggiula right now.. ie at best meh! He will not be missed tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad