GDT: Game 8 JP Development CAPPED // Caps @ Oilers // Oct 25 @ 7 PM MST // TV: SN-1

space321

May 11, 2011
I mean realistically Jesse was just the pylon Nuge used haha

A pylon in the right place at the right time. Not to mention a pylon that caused multiple Jets turnovers in their own zone, leading to chances for Draisaitl.

Lucic gets goals banked in off him by McDavid on the PP yet no one calls him a pylon for it.

Reactions: GameChanger

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
A pylon in the right place at the right time. Not to mention a pylon that caused multiple Jets turnovers in their own zone, leading to chances for Draisaitl.

Lucic gets goals banked in off him by McDavid on the PP yet no one calls him a pylon for it.
Im not denying he had a good game...just the goal was funny.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
Im not denying he had a good game...just the goal was funny.

Everyone scores lucky goals and Pulju has had those, too, but I don't think that was one. You need to be strong enough to be able to park in front of the goal and you also have to be able to put your stick to the right angle at the right moment. I can guarantee a lot of forwards wouldn't have scored there.

But in that goal Nuge did excellent work and I liked McDavid's pass too. It was certainly a combination of skills. In fact the defender (can't remember who he was) also did a good job at keeping the blueline, though that was more like what should always be expected.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Glad to see Caggiula back. Thought he looked really good before getting hurt. Marody and Chiasson definitely earned another look as well.

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018

Lol, not hating because I've been happy with Lucic so far, but he's definitely been called a pylon on here a lot last season.

Anyway, looking forward to this game, hopefully I'll be able to watch. Was going to comment on the lines, but what's the point:popcorn:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

I dont think you're paying attention then.

Puljujarvi has been garbage and deserves to be scratched

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Well I don't like Pulju getting scratched but I do like trying Chiasson with Draisaitl on the second line after his strong performance against the Pens. Frankly I'm surpriseed it took so long to put him in the lineup after his preseason play and the mediocre 4th line performances. Would be great if him and Draisaitl could catch fire together, I think his game should mesh with Drai's.
meh, its kind of suspicious. Chia gets this guy, McLellan sits him out for 6 games figuring he's not good enough even to be in the lineup, starts several other players instead of Chiasson, who proceeds to score two goals in first game, then wins the prize of topsix minutes.

Has Mclellan got any egg on his face?

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
I hope the whole team doesn't stay on the mattress, and wake up for ten minutes a game.
McDavid, RNH and Lucic are usually dialed in...every game..

We need the Mattress Muffins on this team to earn their pay..
Drai makes 100,000.00$ for playing about 20 minutes a game...

McDavid goes hard almost every minute he's on the ice..

We have some pretty talented players on this team, but they never choose to show up..

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Talbot again...
8 straight games, and after leaking 6 goals on 31 shots against a team the Oilers dominated. I can't believe he hasn't played Koskinen yet, a $2.5M experienced big framed goaltender, that dominated the KHL last year.
I see the Oilers lighting up the net again tonight, but I just have zero faith in Talbot, especially against the reigning cup champs with best PP in the league.
6-4 Caps

Reactions: Canada Drai

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Also, hey @Drivesaitl maybe lets keep this bad boy on the rails my man!

giphy.gif

Not sure what this is about, or the Mattress thing.

I don't watch any TV programs though so..

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
meh, its kind of suspicious. Chia gets this guy, McLellan sits him out for 6 games figuring he's not good enough even to be in the lineup, starts several other players instead of Chiasson, who proceeds to score two goals in first game, then wins the prize of topsix minutes.

Has Mclellan got any egg on his face?

He repeatedly proves himself to be a terrible coach. The media feeds it as if was some amazing coaching play to slot Chiasson in finally. The blind squirrel found a nut.

Reactions: FlameChampion

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
I want this game to start so bad. Mainly because it will make for a nice distraction until Red Dead comes out later tonight.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Don't care if we win or lose tonight as long as I see the Oilers continue creating in the O zone with passes that connect and so,e actual creativity.

In 16-17 when we lost to Pens in extra time but played better, faster, and with kore creativity than any other time I saw the Oilers that year, we went on to a 11-3-1 record. The next game we lost to Montreal but still showed well.

I want to see if last nights offence was an illusion or if it's the real Oilers. If it's the real Oilers, win or lose tonight I think we can have a competitive season that has a chance at the playoffs.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
JP has been inconsistent this year but I dont think he should of been benched. If they are going to play Marody on the fourth line, maybe he should be center and Brodziak should be benched and leave JP in.

Brodziak and Kassian have been worse.

But yeah accountability.

Still baffles me that Koskinen hasn’t played.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
All 4 of the Rught Wingers drawing in tonig have shown more than Pulju this year. I'm disappointed he's benched but if we're going to reward performance and have internal competition how do explain to those wingers who have been effective why they are out vs. Pulju who has been ineffective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad