GDT: Game 8| Detroit Red Wings at Colorado Avalanche| October 17, 2013 at 9:00 PM - FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
A Colorado team that isn't sucking anymore, intriguing! Looking forward to this, although I fear they might get the best of us. It depends, if Z/Datsyuk is having a good night (like against Boston, or better), we win, if not, we'll lose.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
A Colorado team that isn't sucking anymore, intriguing! Looking forward to this, although I fear they might get the best of us. It depends, if Z/Datsyuk is having a good night (like against Boston, or better), we win, if not, we'll lose.

Avs is pretty much a Cinderella team riding with a insanely hot goaltending. For example, their shot differential is negative with 5 shots per game.

Time end that lucky ride with a Red Wings win.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Avs is pretty much a Cinderella team riding with a insanely hot goaltending. For example, their shot differential is negative with 5 shots per game.

shot differential is positive when score is close. by one shot so far this season.

red wings are negative when score is close. by 15 shots total.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
So much focus on Roy. I wish he was playing, but you should focus on the Avs' high-octane offense instead. Should be a great game.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Sammy has a NTC, I seriously doubt that he would accept a trade to Buffalo.

Only way Sammy accepts a trade is if he wants to get another contract and needs a chance to play. If he's planning on retiring, he'll just ride the bench and collect.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Our defenders will have their hands full tonight with their speed and grit on the wings. But I think the key to beat them is to get long shifts in their zone, I don't see who's gonna stop Z&D on that defense if they get going.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan

reminds me of the oilers hot start a couple years ago.

These young teams always fall back to earth. time to start that fall tonight with a wings win

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 34m
Wings skating with same lines and D pairs at Pepsi Center: 40-13-44, 93-8, 71-18-11, 20-41-22, 21, 37 extras; 52-55, 27-65, 4-23, 2 extra.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 10m
Babcock confirms same lines and lineup tonight that he's used the last 3 games.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 7m
Babcock indicated Howard should be ready for Saturday's game in Phoenix. He will back up Gustavsson tonight

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Babcock is back in love with Lashoff. He hasn't actually been that bad and seems improved over last year

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
Babcock is back in love with Lashoff. He hasn't actually been that bad and seems improved over last year

He's definitely been better than last year but that isn't saying much. Still, I haven't noticed him much while on the ice... I suppose that's good for a guy like him.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
three games in four nights and Colorado played at home on the 15th their last game. Wings should be tired which plays into the hands of Colorado with its speed. I want us to win but say 3-1 avs.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
shot differential is positive when score is close. by one shot so far this season.

red wings are negative when score is close. by 15 shots total.

Not really sure what the value of that stat is. Seems to me that would just be heavily dependant on style of an individual team. If a team continues pressing they are going to maintain getting shots on goals in close games. If a team falls back and turtles to protect a lead in close games they aren't going get shots and give up more low percentage shots.

This doesn't even touch on if in the close games team a or b is leading or trailing in the close game. If one is always trailing and one is always leading in close games its going to skew the shot differential big time for obvious reasons.

This is my problem with a lot of stats in hockey. Almost nine of them have any context and don't paint anywhere.close to a meaningful picture. Advance stats work in baseball because at the root is basically a static one on one sport with minimal team support. Hockey is just too wide open and fluid and definitely needs more of an eye test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad