GDT: Game 8| Detroit Red Wings at Colorado Avalanche| October 17, 2013 at 9:00 PM - FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
by the time the playoffs come around, im hoping for a lineup of

Z-D-Alfie
Mule-Weiss-Bert
Gus-Helm-Tatar
Glendening-Anderson-Cleary/Tootoo/Miller

BeersHockey

Jun 15, 2011
Chicago, IL

Z-D-Alfie
Mule-Weiss-Bert
Gus-Helm-Tatar

A Gus - Helm - Tatar line would be solid, but where is Abby in that line up. Probably displaces Glendening, I doubt they trade Abby.

Also, what was up with our PK'ers last night - a Mite team doesn't chase the puck that much (Cleary, I'm looking at you).

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
A Gus - Helm - Tatar line would be solid, but where is Abby in that line up. Probably displaces Glendening, I doubt they trade Abby.

Also, what was up with our PK'ers last night - a Mite team doesn't chase the puck that much (Cleary, I'm looking at you).

I always seem to forget him haha. ya he would replace Glendening, but i would rather have him replace cleary. I just really like Glendenings defensive game and PK skills.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris

Z-D-Alfie
Mule-Weiss-Bert
Gus-Helm-Tatar

Did Abdelkader just vanish in the air or do you think he is traded? I don't see that happening.

With the current development being Alfie with D and Z and the fact that Cleary is never going to be off the team

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Alfredsson
Bertuzzi - Weiss - Tatar
Cleary - Andersson - Franzen
Abdelkader - Helm - Tootoo

But if somehow Babcock sees the light and Cleary is dropped....

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Alfredsson
Bertuzzi - Weiss - Tatar
Nyquist - Andersson - Franzen
Abdelkader - Helm - Tootoo

That leaves Glendening in GR, Eaves and Miller waived and Sammy/Cleary as the 13th/14th forwards. I don't know if it works in terms of cap space, but this would be ideal.

Again, I must reiterate...**** Cleary.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
A one line team has no shot at winning the cup.

Lotsa time left...Alfie's used to playing on the '2nd' line, as the sens were forever splitting him and Spezza up, to spread it out. During his career, he spent a lot of time with turris, todd white, fisher and others... he doesnt have to be on the # 1 line.... just throw him up with dats and Z if they're behind in the 3rd period.... That was the sens recipe... he'd play with spezza in the 3rd or on the PP similar to alfie , dats and Z...

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Lotsa time left...Alfie's used to playing on the '2nd' line, as the sens were forever splitting him and Spezza up, to spread it out. During his career, he spent a lot of time with turris, todd white, fisher and others... he doesnt have to be on the # 1 line.... just throw him up with dats and Z if they're behind in the 3rd period.... That was the sens recipe... he'd play with spezza in the 3rd or on the PP similar to alfie , dats and Z...

How about no?

Shuffling Alfie from the first line to the second line won't change the fact that the Wings have two fourth lines. Expecting your top six to do 100% of the work is how you build a bad team. It's why the Wings have been losing in the playoffs.

Last edited:

GuillaumeLetsundress*

super dumb question but what was that song playing in the last time out of the game, was playing for a while sounded like a new classic nhl pump up song lol

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I'm happy we're winning but we're really looking like just 2 guys on forwards right now. I thought Weiss would be looking better and while Abby hasnt played bad and is doing what he's asked to do he should be in the bottom 6. Our defense will bend but wont break and Monster has looked good. Would I be happier if Nyquist and Tatar were given a chance to succeed shot? For sure but we'll have to wait

8 Games played:

D-10pts
Z-10pts
Alfie-9pts
Franzen-5pts

Its like 3.5 guys if you want to get technical.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I think it's very Cool we cooled off the hottest team and it was the avs. Our 1st fight of the year too. Suprising, not.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
If Z and D split up, they'd have two lines. I also doubt given their track records that Franzen and Weiss will continue to struggle this bad at even strength for the remainder of the season. It's only been 8 games. Nyquist will also be in the lineup, at minimum, during the playoffs like he was the last 2 seasons so that will change things a bit. So to would a healthy Darren Helm.

I think they are 7th in betting odds at Vegas to win the Cup. They don't have as good a shot as some other teams, but saying they have no shot certainly isn't true. If it was that easy money, then just bet your life savings against them and make a bunch of money. More power to you.

7th is pretty close to a contender to me. Its basically top 3 on either side of the conferences.
Not top seed but 2nd or 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad