Goal-Day Thread Game 8: Coyotes @ Blue Jackets - 4 PM - It's a long way down the holiday road

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Good: Beast mode Fish, Step (wtf he lives), Keumps, Strome, defense after the 1st period.

Bad: Defense in the first period, HFboards not working at the office for some reason.

Galchenyuk was quiet and his line did f*** all, but it doesn't matter when the 2nd line dominated. Damn good win boys.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Some thoughts:

Goligoski’s best game of the year by far. It’s not like it was a high bar for him, but I thought he played very well tonight.

Obviously the Perlini, Stepan, Fischer line looked really good. Perlini looked engaged. Supposedly Tocchet pulled him aside in practice and really stressed that. He’s gotta keep it up.

Only a matter of time before one of those Galchenyuk cannons goes into the net. His insertion into the lineup really helped re-jig the forward lines. All the lines really looked good, like Richy with the two speedy wingers. Archibald looked good at 4RW but he’s not a full timer on a really good team.

Kuemper looked pretty poised. Missed the first few minutes of the game so I didn’t see the goal he allowed, but thought he was solid overall.

Didn’t even notice Panik wasn’t playing. I don’t see a reason to throw him back in immediately either.

Coffee with Tocchet or whatever it’s called is an interesting new segment.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I missed the first, but Stepan was so much better tonight. Hopefully that's the Stepan we get for the rest of the year. Goose and Demers didn't have any huge Wtf plays either. Way to go vets, keep it up. Kuemper was solid too.
Have to give credit where credit is due. That was Stepan, Fischer and Perlini's best game of the year by a long shot, and probably Stepan and Fischer's best as a Coyote.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Nice win, I thought our offence would pick it up. We have guys that can score. We were outshot mostly because we were way ahead. I thought it was a pretty even game overall. 4-1 win, lets enjoy it!

Reactions: Mosby

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Nice win, I thought our offence would pick it up. We have guys that can score. We were outshot mostly because we were way ahead. I thought it was a pretty even game overall. 4-1 win, lets enjoy it!
Chucky's line was quiet,but you can see the potential there. I hope Strome watches Chucky battle along the boards. Cousins had a quiet night, was not his energentic self.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
most impressive game of the year by far. All around great team effort.
did not see Demers fall down or make one bad change. That's a first.
Chucky I'm sure gave the team an emotional lift. Him playing on the top line freed up Stepan to be what he is: a second line guy and he played his best game of the year. Once Chucky gets his sea legs you will see that shot from the side on the power play. I thought there was times he should have shot it but he was trying to be unselfish. Forget that , be like ovie.
Fisher is the one guy we have on the team who qualifies as a legit power forward. Skill plus grit. Not that tough like Lucic and others but still he brings a lot to a team full of soft perimeter players.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
giphy.gif

In keeping with the theme from earlier today...

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I like Scott Allen. I do. But Got Damn!!!! Someone has got to start buying suits for that man. Hoooo-Leeee f*** are those things like six sizes too big and at least 20 years old. How big can a guy’s shoulder pads and lapels be in 2018? He looks like a toddler wearing Al Capone’s gangster suit. Somebody save this man. Please!

Reactions: Grimes and RABBIT

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
If Perlini can drive the net consistently it opens up a lot of room for his linemates.

Still not stoked about Crouse on a top 2 line. Strome needs a more talented RW but not sure there is one to be had.

Kuemper looked big and calm in the net.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
If Perlini can drive the net consistently it opens up a lot of room for his linemates.

Still not stoked about Crouse on a top 2 line. Strome needs a more talented RW but not sure there is one to be had.

Kuemper looked big and calm in the net.

What's wrong with Crouse on a top two line? He's more than deserved the chance.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
What's wrong with Crouse on a top two line? He's more than deserved the chance.
He is not that talented. I would prefer a better skilled player on what is supposed to be the top line. Maybe he develops chemistry with Keller and Galchenyuk and it works. Right now it is more that there are not better options.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Just saw the game. That’s 3 good games ina row. I’m happy with this lineup. Can’t wait until Chucky gets the rust off and people in the first 5 rows can take off their helmets when he’s on the ice. Ordterle played well.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad