Goal-Day Thread Game 8: Coyotes @ Blue Jackets - 4 PM - It's a long way down the holiday road

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I fear the historical Coyote pattern of solid road win only to return home and play an absolute stinker against a team we should beat (note: Van plays in Vegas tonight at AZ tomorrow...will be without Pettersson and possibly Boeser).

It's already happened once this year.

Trying to jinx it from happening again.

Ahhhh the old “Pre Goal Day reverse jinx to reverse the reverse jinx trick.!!”

Get-Smart-Charcoal-Pinstripe-Three-Piece-Suit-2.jpg

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I fear the historical Coyote pattern of solid road win only to return home and play an absolute stinker against a team we should beat (note: Van plays in Vegas tonight at AZ tomorrow...will be without Pettersson and possibly Boeser).

It's already happened once this year.

Trying to jinx it from happening again.

Will root for Vancouver to win this game. Against Vegas, relax! :laugh:.

If they come from a humiliating defeat, they will play much better. So, let them have a win, and not be so desperate. I am sure the fans at Glendale would be happy to actually see Yotes score. They deserve this. And the win.

Vancouver has been a positive surprise this year. Perhaps I was influenced by The Hockey Guy - who of course is from Vancouver, and holds his home-team at another standard than all others- when I thought Vancouver will be bad.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Vancouver has been a positive surprise this year. Perhaps I was influenced by The Hockey Guy - who of course is from Vancouver, and holds his home-team at another standard than all others- when I thought Vancouver will be bad.

Nah, they did this last year, too. Started 6-3-2, faded quickly.

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
I know we've had a rough start but it feels like we're really turning a corner on this team. Looking through my Twitter I found this gem of a reminder from 2016 of how good we used to be. Glad we aren't this bad.
Screenshot_20181024-125048_Twitter.jpg
SmartSelect_20181024-130451_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
He is not that talented. I would prefer a better skilled player on what is supposed to be the top line. Maybe he develops chemistry with Keller and Galchenyuk and it works. Right now it is more that there are not better options.
I'm not saying he is but maybe he's our version of Milan Lucic circa Bruins 2011 cup run when he played on a line with Krejci and Horton, two skilled guys who benefited f'rom having a bruiser on their line.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Will root for Vancouver to win this game. Against Vegas, relax! :laugh:.

If they come from a humiliating defeat, they will play much better. So, let them have a win, and not be so desperate. I am sure the fans at Glendale would be happy to actually see Yotes score. They deserve this. And the win.

Best of outcomes in Vegas last night. A shoot-out win for the Canucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad