GDT: Game 8: Columbus at Los Angeles | 10/26 4PM EDT

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Getting out scored 9-3 in the last two games must be concerning, road or no road.... but it's early in the the season.... not impreesed so far though...

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Independent statements. Mc could've played before he got injured, and Forsberg could've played Saturday. Should've played. It was a schedule loss anyway, who knows, maybe he could've had some unreal "I need to earn a job in the NHL" performance.

Maybe Forsberg's not ready, champ.

No reason to throw him to the wolves and potentially destroy his confidence.

Confidence is a big part of goaltending in case you weren't aware:laugh:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Independent statements. Mc could've played before he got injured, and Forsberg could've played Saturday. Should've played. It was a schedule loss anyway, who knows, maybe he could've had some unreal "I need to earn a job in the NHL" performance.

Mc was injured before the Anaheim game, correct? That probably would have been the one to start a backup if you would start a backup. I don't think your argument holds water here. And Forsberg isn't ready.

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
Maybe Forsberg's not ready, champ.

Maybe. Bob DEFINITELY wasn't. As you'd expect. I love that your agenda against me for calling you out on your irrational agenda towards a player has caused you to abandon your agenda against Richards for what is the only actual bad move of any discussed.

Hahaha. Wonderful full circle in the panic station.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
While two losses in a row isn't what I'd like, a 4-4 start given all of the circumstances this season is more than I would have expected.

Looking forward to seeing the CBJ live on Tuesday at NWA!

Hope Foligno is ok.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
F that trip

F that game

F J MF Carter.....

LA comes to Nationwide in February.....please Boll or someone take out 77...I hate that piece of TRASH

Wendy Clear

Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
I don't think your argument holds water here.

I know it does. You DON'T start your starter like Richards has with Bob.

The Blackhawks are playing some dude called Scott Darling today. Ever heard of him? Of course you haven't. He's not even their backup. But their coach realizes you don't overuse a goalie especially this early in the year.

Horrible move. Likely irrelevant in the win column and yet Bob has more wear on him than everyone else in the league despite the lack of results.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC

The Blackhawks are playing some dude called Scott Darling today. Ever heard of him? Of course you haven't. He's not even their backup. But their coach realizes you don't overuse a goalie especially this early in the year.

Horrible move. Likely irrelevant in the win column and yet Bob has more wear on him than everyone else in the league despite the lack of results.

Another Monday morning quarterback with a remarkable accurate statement,,,,,,after the game

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Maybe. Bob DEFINITELY wasn't. As you'd expect. I love that your agenda against me for calling you out on your irrational agenda towards a player has caused you to abandon your agenda against Richards for what is the only actual bad move of any discussed.

Hahaha. Wonderful full circle in the panic station.

Agenda against which player, Harv?

I like Richards. Never have posted otherwise.

An agenda against you? Paranoid much:laugh:

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Bob was bad, but I don't think there's anyway Forsberg was going in against Anaheim. I don't think there'd be a coach in the league that nuts.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

Harv, you just made my day. Really.

Darling played for a brief time last season for my Cincinnati Cyclones. I had no clue he was starting for the Hawks. Never met him, but a couple of buddies who did said he was a great kid.

Started his career in the SPHL probably making $300 per week. Nothing cooler than seeing a kid go from the basement of pro hockey to the penthouse.:yo:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=105384

Wendy Clear

Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
Another Monday morning quarterback with a remarkable accurate statement,,,,,,after the game

Except I posted the same thing BEFORE the game. And I was proven completely right. Once again, back-to-back at Anaheim is a schedule loss. You don't play your starter 20 hours later in that situation. Take your chances in a fully expected loss and then your starter is appropriately rested for game 3 on day 4.

With the attitude some are using here, Bob isn't getting a day off before Christmas. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

So are you advocating we start McEilhinney on Tuesday?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Jackets are probably the hardest working team the Kings have played this season.

Kings were just on a roll this home stand. I think you guys can do some damage in the East. Jackets remind of the Kings around 2010.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Bob was bad, but I don't think there's anyway Forsberg was going in against Anaheim. I don't think there'd be a coach in the league that nuts.

Agreed. Having a kid who wasn't even projected to be on the team and who could be an important component in the future start against either a hot Anaheim or LA team with a diminished team in front of him would be absurd. Todd Richards is not absurd.

Definitely on board with your suggestion that Test Tube gets an extension. A couple of years at $2 million or so would be just about right.

Wendy Clear

Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
So are you advocating we start McEilhinney on Tuesday?

Bob sure needs a rest. But with a back-to-back next Fri/Sat, it'd be much better to play Mc at home against the Leafs and come back with Bob on the road after 3 days rest.

Richards will probably just put Cyber-Bob out there every game though and wonder why he gives up softies.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
If you can't beat us, injure all our players. - Teams' plans for playing against the Jackets this year.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Bob sure needs a rest. But with a back-to-back next Fri/Sat, it'd be much better to play Mc at home against the Leafs and come back with Bob on the road after 3 days rest.

Richards will probably just put Cyber-Bob out there every game though and wonder why he gives up softies.

Nonsense. Richards knows that Bob is better with rest. There's just no way he was putting Forsberg in. Now that C-Mac is healthy he'll spell Bob.

JKG08

Oct 6, 2014
Southern, OH
I really don't think you need to rest your goalie nearly as often as most teams do nowadays. It used to be the norm to start your starter for 60-70 games per year. Lunqvist has started 65+ games for the majority of his career and he's doing fine.

Resting your starter this often is relatively recent fad around the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00