GDT: Game 8: Columbus at Los Angeles | 10/26 4PM EDT

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If you can't beat us, injure all our players. - Teams' plans for playing against the Jackets this year.

Well we are currently missing two entire scoring lines:

Calvert, Dubinsky, Atkinson; Foligno - Jenner - Horton. Horton doesn't really count, but still, holy crap.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
The Carter derangement syndrome has to end. It's in the past. Let it go. You will be happier for it. It is clouding your view of an otherwise innocent play.

Both teams are better than they were before the trade.

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
Takeaways from this game and this Cali-swing:

1. Injuries suck.
2. Going into this game I thought our lineup looked like something from years past, a smattering of top talent, a few good role players, youth, and lots of filler. That said, we played like a team most of the way and really frustrated LA (you could see it on their faces.) That's good coaching and belief in the system. We must (and can) play better but it wasn't all crap.
3. Anaheim and LA keyed on Johansen not letting him get to space. He and the team need to find a way to fix that. This is wear injuries hurt a lack of other lines being consistent credible threats.
4. Bob can be better, hope to see that in the next few games.
5. I was impressed with how LA kept our forwards to the sides so Quick could see the play. I don't think that was us but more them.
6. We are mostly fun to watch. We work hard, mostly, and aren't are surprisingly mature for the age of the group.
7. INJURIES SUCK!

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The Carter derangement syndrome has to end. It's in the past. Let it go. You will be happier for it. It is clouding your view of an otherwise innocent play.

Your logical and well-reasoned advice has no place here :sarcasm:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I will be conducting a voodoo ritual to try to transfer Horton's back ailments to Carter.

Sutter on Monday: "I don't know, Carter's back just really flared up. We're having someone look at it. He may have to strengthen his core, or his career could be over."

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I will be conducting a voodoo ritual to try to transfer Horton's back ailments to Carter.

Sutter on Monday: "I don't know, Carter's back just really flared up. We're having someone look at it. He may have to strengthen his core, or his career could be over."

That is one of the more intelligent posts in this thread. :laugh:

LombardiTool

Jun 20, 2006
Fontana, Ca
www.glendoraemc.com
The Jackets are probably the hardest working team the Kings have played this season.

Kings were just on a roll this home stand. I think you guys can do some damage in the East. Jackets remind of the Kings around 2010.

I thought this exact same thing whole watching the game. They seemed very organized and played quality stay at home hockey. They will be really good once healthy.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I am not a fan of this team that TR iced tonight, why would you put Boll, Cracknell and Tropp in the same line up... its like they wanted no offense tonight

Did you watch the game? They were probably our 3 most effective forwards, Richards agreed and gave Boll some shifts on the top line with Joey and Foligno even. Wiz isn't providing any offense and he is slow as dirt, he got beat badly on the one goal, Tyutin stinks, Prout cost us at least a goal, Murray looked good. Our defense is the problem with this team, I said it last year, in the off season, and I'm saying it again. not sure why everyone points to the 4th line(easy target because most only can argue offensive stats) all the time.

You're not going to beat the Stanley Cup champs on their ice when you have 5 top 9 forwards out and another injured during the game. Just not happening. I'm not going to get too worked up until we have a totally healthy (minus Horton) lineup for a few games.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Looked like his head was driven into the ref's elbow. I dislike Carter as much as anyone but they were both playing the puck and Carter just kept riding Nicky along the boards. No way he could know that kind of injury would occur.

I believe Carter butt-ended him in the head and that dazed him, or quite possibly was the reason he got knocked out, watch the replay, he looks out on his feet before making contact with the ref.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
One of the positives from this game -- We look so much more composed when Murray is on the ice.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Of all the pointless and redundant complaints about Richards, this is one that actually holds weight.

No one needs your validation and we certainly don't need your judgment. The critique of Richards is quite valid, despite whatever garbage is rolling around in that little head of yours.

On to the game.

I thought we played pretty well. The official got suckered in the first into calling a bad penalty. Could have been a worse trip. Some odd goals scored on us.

Glad that's over for now and on to Tuesday (I think). I didn't look too far into the thread on updates on Foligno.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I believe Carter butt-ended him in the head and that dazed him, or quite possibly was the reason he got knocked out, watch the replay, he looks out on his feet before making contact with the ref.

My strong dislike of Carter makes me want this to be true. But after watching the replay over and over, I don't believe that to be the case.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
After the splash page, it'll show for 2 seconds, and then go completely white. Frustrating.

It's been doing that for the last 2 weeks. I thought it was my computor at home until I came to work & it did the same thing.

I agree, it's very frustrating.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

While I don't believe Carter intentionally hurt Foligno (much like I don't believe Kesler intentionally hurt Atkinson)he without a doubt saw that ref there and should have at least let up on Foligno a little bit and not force him over the boards directly into the ref.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
vs Anaheim Jack Johnson played 26:01 and had a season average TOI of like ~24:20 but he only played a smidge over 19 minutes vs LA.. is that just because we had 7 defensemen dressed? is it because Murray returned? combination of the two? neither of those reasons and HCTR just didn't want to play him that much?

edit: looks like Savard also has his TOI slashed but Wiz/Tyutin saw slight increases with Murray playing close to 18 minutes.. JMFJ/Savard bumped down from the top pairing maybe? I mean, Prout only had maybe half a minute less of ice time than Savvy

Monk

Feb 5, 2008

Honestly, HATING individual players in the NHL is one of the things that keeps me really engaged. Is it irrational? Sure. Who cares? It's fun.

**** Adam Foote too.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
vs Anaheim Jack Johnson played 26:01 and had a season average TOI of like ~24:20 but he only played a smidge over 19 minutes vs LA.. is that just because we had 7 defensemen dressed? is it because Murray returned? combination of the two? neither of those reasons and HCTR just didn't want to play him that much?

edit: looks like Savard also has his TOI slashed but Wiz/Tyutin saw slight increases with Murray playing close to 18 minutes.. JMFJ/Savard bumped down from the top pairing maybe? I mean, Prout only had maybe half a minute less of ice time than Savvy

Savard was getting stitched in the 1st period, so....there is that.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Takeaways from this game and this Cali-swing:

1. Injuries suck.
2. Going into this game I thought our lineup looked like something from years past, a smattering of top talent, a few good role players, youth, and lots of filler. That said, we played like a team most of the way and really frustrated LA (you could see it on their faces.) That's good coaching and belief in the system. We must (and can) play better but it wasn't all crap.
3. Anaheim and LA keyed on Johansen not letting him get to space. He and the team need to find a way to fix that. This is wear injuries hurt a lack of other lines being consistent credible threats.
4. Bob can be better, hope to see that in the next few games.
5. I was impressed with how LA kept our forwards to the sides so Quick could see the play. I don't think that was us but more them.
6. We are mostly fun to watch. We work hard, mostly, and aren't are surprisingly mature for the age of the group.
7. INJURIES SUCK!

I'm going to whole heartedly agree with 1 and 7.

I enjoyed the game, and I think we have a much better team than our record shows. The dreaded California road trip is behind us, we've hit rock bottom in terms of injuries (I hope and pray) and I'm going into this week thinking we can be 7-4 come Sunday morning.

zelbell

Oct 6, 2014
Columbus
I'm going to whole heartedly agree with 1 and 7.

I enjoyed the game, and I think we have a much better team than our record shows. The dreaded California road trip is behind us, we've hit rock bottom in terms of injuries (I hope and pray) and I'm going into this week thinking we can be 7-4 come Sunday morning.

the next 5 games are all very winnable IMO

Sens, Maple Leafs, Devils, and then Hurricanes x2

QTMcWhiskers

Playoff Avatar Stays
Jun 22, 2006
Columbus, OH
100options.bandcamp.com
Before the season started, I saw that this western road trip (the only time we play @SJ, @ANH, and @LA by the way), coupled with the early setbacks (injuries to Horton, Jenner, Murray [will Johansen sign already?]), my thought was if we would be 4-4, it would be an accomplishment.

Well, the hockey gods have tried to make things worse, and we're still 4-4 missing even more of our best players. This is our November-of-last-year; let's just cautiously critique the squad until Thanksgiving and the team will roar back once again.

FreeBoomer61

Feb 8, 2011
If we can't get at least 5 points out of those 5 games I'll become very worried

5 points? I'd say they better be getting at least 6+ against those teams. There is no reason, with or without the injuries, that they shouldn't beat Carolina twice and two pretty average Toronto and Ottawa teams. I'll be disappointed if after this stretch of 5 games we are still at .500.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00