Quick
Jones

Inactive
Voynov

Injured
Bodnarchuk, Gaborik, Lewis​

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I know Cam is hurt and probably not available. But for the love of Gordie Howe, that is an awful lineup. Cracknell on the third line?

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I know Cam is hurt and probably not available. But for the love of Gordie Howe, that is an awful lineup. Cracknell on the third line?

Maybe given the chance to play with Letestu-Skille instead of Chaput-Boll he will have a better opportunity to show us something, then again maybe not. i don't know

I just don't think he's had a fair chance yet playing on the line he's been on
Chaput being so young and Boll......hard to find words for his game

Hooks

Jun 30, 2011
After the splash page, it'll show for 2 seconds, and then go completely white. Frustrating.

Its working for me.

The NHL websites have always bothered me. They just look cheesy. It used to drive me craze when they used to show you a 30 second commercial before playing video clips. It made the NHL look cheesy. Hell, most of the commercials were for the NHL. Oh well. Things are getting better.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
After the splash page, it'll show for 2 seconds, and then go completely white. Frustrating.

it is working slow for me.......and yes I also have had the screen go white also....refresh and it works....like I said just slow

updating maybe? One thing I am not is an IT expert

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC

I thought Dano's last game (our loss to Dallas I believe) was his best

Tropp can always be moved up to the 3rd line if Cracknell isn't getting it done

Nothing is going to be what we are all expecting until Jenner, Dubi, and Murray (hopefully) are back

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Need this one to make this a .500 road trip. With the injuries piling up, though, going to be a tough task. Plus, we need Bob to be Bob. Eight goals in two games isn't good.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
So is Wennberg definitely a healthy scratch? If so, his butt needs to be shipped to Springfield immediately upon the team's return to Columbus.

Lots of people bash the CBJ's handling of young players but I may join them if they have a young guy like this just sitting in the press box.

Also, anyone seen Murray? :help:

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
So is Wennberg definitely a healthy scratch? If so, his butt needs to be shipped to Springfield immediately upon the team's return to Columbus.

Lots of people bash the CBJ's handling of young players but I may join them if they have a young guy like this just sitting in the press box.

If he's a healthy scratch, I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea for his development. Let him get some perspective on a game from the balcony view--maybe he'll be able to learn something for his game that he couldn't figure out in the moment.

I do agree some time in Springfield could be good for Wennberg at this point, especially once we get a little healthier.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

One game in the box is fine. A valuable perspective. It worked for Gaudreau. Two games is not okay though I'd agree there.

I also agree though that he should go to the AHL.

1) Kids develop better when they're a step ahead of the competition, rather than a step behind.

2) Center ice is too important, we need Letestu and Chaput taking the draws, not Wennberg. And he's not a winger.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
I also agree though that he should go to the AHL.

1) Kids develop better when they're a step ahead of the competition, rather than a step behind.

During junior years best prospects do the opposite to that and play in higher age groups or even men's leagues - right when they can play at that level. You might achieve better individual results in lower leagues of course but I wouldn't say that is surefire way of becoming the next Wayne Gretzky.

You should be playing (and having some sort of role to fill) and I'd rather have them do that at best level if they are capable of matching at least Calvert-level of performance.

hossua34

Mutt
Apr 7, 2003
Irvine, CA

No joke. He was "almost ready" a week ago and now he's still out of the lineup, with zero being said about his progress. Starting to get a little concerning.

I'll be watching this one from three rows behind the CBJ bench. I'm not expecting to leave happy, given the lineup we'll have out there, but I guess that's why we play the game... Just really, really, really hoping they come to play and don't look like they're on the penalty kill half of the time when it is actually even strength (like Friday).

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Ok, they want Wennberg to be a healthy scratch. Fine, I have been calling for that. But why pick the game when Cam is also out. Results in both Cracknell and Tropp in the lineup. Richards' thinking about lineups sometimes defies any concept of logic. This offensively challenged lineup does not give us much of a chance for a point.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
those aren't official lines by any means. Wouldn't get worked up over something that might not happen/

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Need this one to make this a .500 road trip. With the injuries piling up, though, going to be a tough task. Plus, we need Bob to be Bob. Eight goals in two games isn't good.

I'm surprised this isn't getting more mention. He has been competitive this year, but hopefully he can turn up the wick. This is a game were the CBJ really need Bob to be Bob.

2minpenalty

Mar 29, 2011
Ok, they want Wennberg to be a healthy scratch. Fine, I have been calling for that. But why pick the game when Cam is also out. Results in both Cracknell and Tropp in the lineup. Richards' thinking about lineups sometimes defies any concept of logic. This offensively challenged lineup does not give us much of a chance for a point.

I agree with you. If you can't beat them on the ice, beat them in the alley! That's what this line up says to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad