Post-Game Talk: Game #8: Canucks 2, Bruins 1 (OT)

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
NLO38uY.jpg

Did you are know that the Vancouver Canuck's lost the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals, a championship series in which they held series leads of 2 - 0 and 3 - 2? It's true! I'm here to help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grip it N RYP it

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby

Did you are know that the Vancouver Canuck's lost the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals, a championship series in which they held series leads of 2 - 0 and 3 - 2? It's true! I'm here to help.

Hey what's your f***ing problem man?

Game SIX, 3 goals in under 3 minutes.
Luongo happened...

Lou let in less goals in that series than nearly any goalie in modern Stanley cup finals history, especially for a 7 game series. Tired of people hanging on to that dumb narrative that has so little to do with reality.

Let in less total goals that most goalies in modern history. It's also better to get them all in the blowout games so we can win the other games with barely any goals.

Obviously it's better to not get scored on at all, but if we can't score goals I'd rather have 1 game with 6 GA than 3 games with 2 GA. Not that things actually work that way, but letting in so few total goals while having them all in blowouts rather than letting in one too many in the close games is much better. If he spread those goals against out over the 7 games people would have praised his performance and held our goal scoring ability at fault as it should have been.

Well we wouldn't have even made it to 7 games, but you get the idea.

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I don’t dislike Boston as a whole, but Marchand might be my least favourite active NHL player. I hope we win - any margin of victory will do.
Meh im over him. So talented and so good at gettig under guys skin. Hes a master at what he does and annoyed at what he did to Danny and Salo Im over it and appreciate his antics

Anyways 4-2 Bruins our goals by Stecher and Roussell. Two appies for Virtanen

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
LOL holy shit I missed one. They have Anders Bjork, too (albeit out with injury). So that's 7 to our 4. And really, Adam Gaudette is only here because Pettersson is out.

Last edited:

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Lou let in less goals in that series than nearly any goalie in modern Stanley cup finals history, especially for a 7 game series. Tired of people hanging on to that dumb narrative that has so little to do with reality.

He also stole games 1 and 5 for us.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014

Nice to see Jake rewarded and put on the 2nd line with gaudette. Hopefully this is one of Baertchis up games, where he shows up

Also nice to see Eriksson demoted. Hopefully it continues til hes no longer in the starting lineup. What a bum

Hutton Gudbranson pairing is a bad idea, not sure why Coach Green keeps trying to force something that CLEARLY doesnt work

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Nice to see Jake rewarded and put on the 2nd line with gaudette. Hopefully this is one of Baertchis up games, where he shows up

Also nice to see Eriksson demoted. Hopefully it continues til hes no longer in the starting lineup. What a bum

Hutton Gudbranson pairing is a bad idea, not sure why Coach Green keeps trying to force something that CLEARLY doesnt work
Lol, with how Gaudette was deployed, it’s more like a demotion for Jake

Reactions: THE Green Man

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

I really don't think it's much of a promotion for Jake. The Sutter line will easily see a lot more ice time, and against other teams top lines. Jake is with Gaudette who won't see much ice time and Baertschi who has looked poor lately.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
That series should’ve been over in 6.
Wasted opportunity.

In any case, most of the team is gone since 2011 so what can ya do.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
I blame Luongo far less than I blame our forward group for not being able to maintain a front of net presence. Banging in the occasional rebound once Thomas was down and out was about the only we were going to score on him. Instead we were lucky if we even got a perimeter shot on net before the puck was cleared and the play headed the other way.

But, that was a looooong time ago now. In my books anyway.

Back to the present... I'm going to predict we take this one.

3-2 Canucks

Boeser
Schaller
Virtanen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad