Post-Game Talk: Game #8: Canucks 2, Bruins 1 (OT)

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Your counter implied that injuries were the cause of the disparity. That's the reason for my follow up questions: To clarify that implication.

A lack of depth is another way of saying the team is poorly constructed.
Given the lack of depth the team has, it wouldn’t be stretch to say that injuries have also been a major contributor to that record. Other factors are lack of elite talent coming up, declining Sedins ( who I think, having near cult status on this team, had great influence on how the team was managed), a meddling owner, missed draft picks ( it often is a crapshoot) and last but not least....the almost empty cupboard inherited. Of course, Benning is not absolved of blame in all of this.
Having said that, some of theses issues have been addressed and I don’t believe this team is bad as many here want to believe.
The future is much brighter.

Please link to the source.

It's one thing to say that they have suffered the most injuries over a given span, and quite another to say that this is the main reason for their record over that span.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

we are slightly ahead of the penguins for most lost man days dating back to 2011.

Djm1sgmX4AAWS7X.jpg:large

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
for 2017-18 we were ranked first for most impactful man-games lost (vegas lost more total mangames but not on a lost minutes bases)

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
so i am going out on a limb here and saying we'd be better if we had less injuries.
And if we a sufficient depth, maybe the injuries would have been that impactful. When your 2 top d-men are injury prone and you dont have any other top 4 d-men you are in trouble. But lets bring back the same defense next year.

Reactions: Seattle Totems

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Baertschi doesn’t seem to fit in the top 6, he had his best game playing with Sutter & Virtanen when he scored 2 goals. Greener has tried Roussel, Motte, Leipsic & Goldobin on the top line. Bo & Brock looked good with Goldy last night but I expect him to play with EP when he gets back. Who will be the top line Left winger as it’s a revolving door right now?
Dahlen?

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Didn't say that, did I? Of course every team will have injuries and Canucks' lack of depth is what is holding them back.

You have to admit that they start every season well and then when the injuries hit down the standings they go.

Whether injuries hit or not, they will fall in the standings. 82 game regular season is a marathon, Canucks can look good sprinting at the beginning but they will be worn down by mid-season. PIT (OT Win), WPG (Loss), BOS (OT Win) are 3 teams that have their sights set on winning rounds in the playoffs. Canucks have their sights set on the next game.

I don't think they can sustain it through the whole season, I hope for the team I am wrong, and that they can. OTOH one more high draft pick would be nice . . .

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It's not the main reason they lead the league in this injury stat, but the team is also so bad that they are able to shut down guys earlier instead of bringing them back. Seems like there are a couple of these guys that fall into this category every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->