Post-Game Talk: Game #8: Canucks 2, Bruins 1 (OT)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Green and the Canucks can put a positive spin on anything I suppose, but Eriksson is rapidly becoming the worst UFA signing in team history. The sad part is the fact that every year the NHL gets quicker, and every year Eriksson's overall lack of speed will continue to hold him back.

Can you imagine how bad that contract is going to look when he's 35-36? They've tried him with Henrik, Sutter, Horvat and Pettersson, and nothing seems to work. Now on the checking line, the most expensive checker and penalty killer in this franchise's sorry history.

What about some accountability in the front office? Somebody had to decide it was a wonderful idea to sign Eriksson, Gagener and Del Zotto?

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I don’t get the defense of eriksson

He’s 9th on our team for scoring (goal scorers are ranked higher according to nhl.com) and his 3 assists are all on Petersson goals/inspired plays from the first 2 games.

Eriksson offensive play has been the byproduct petersson, it’s like they think we don’t watch the games

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Shit. Another one of their post-Benning draft picks is making the NHL, albeit under emergency circumstances. Seeya later, McAvoy.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
So McAvoy's been replaced with Vaakanainen, who's being parachuted in at the last minute, and Halak's in net, but I don't know if the latter is a net positive given Rask's recent run of play

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

He’s 9th on our team for scoring (goal scorers are ranked higher according to nhl.com) and his 3 assists are all on Petersson goals/inspired plays from the first 2 games.

Eriksson offensive play has been the byproduct petersson, it’s like they think we don’t watch the games

I’ll explain it to you. No worries.

JB signed LE
JB is TG boss.
TG defending LE makes JB happy with TG

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I predict :

Boeser doesn’t score 5 on 5.
JV doesn’t score.
Erikson is invisible.
youre-my-ray-sunshine-illustrated-450w-1075082081.jpg

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Green must be right. Eriksson is so subtle I don't notice him at all!

Green's not wrong, IMO. Eriksson is a solid defensive forward who does pick up a lot of defensive slack. He contributes in a lot of ways on the ice.

The obvious issue is that he's paid extraordinarily handsomely to score some bloody goals. And he doesn't. And he hasn't. For a long time. So the built up frustration with him isn't wrong either.

--

As for tonight's game - I'd like to hope the Canucks are fired up to play in front of the home crowd after a long trip. I think the more likely scenario, however, is that the inevitable "road trip hangover" kicks in today. So whatever the result, I just hope for the same things I've hoped for the last few games - that the top line continues to turn it on, that Gaudette's newly formed line with Virtanen and Goldobin clicks, and that the defense as a unit plays well enough to keep Del Zotto from being re-inserted into the lineup.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

Blame the spineless media. When TG says “he does a lot of things people don’t see, it’s not all about goal scoring “ why not ask “and do you not think you can get a guy that doesn’t score but does other good things for 1/6th the price and term??”

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Nice to see Jake rewarded and put on the 2nd line with gaudette. Hopefully this is one of Baertchis up games, where he shows up

Also nice to see Eriksson demoted. Hopefully it continues til hes no longer in the starting lineup. What a bum

Hutton Gudbranson pairing is a bad idea, not sure why Coach Green keeps trying to force something that CLEARLY doesnt work
I don't think Eriksson was demoted..I think he was purposely inserted on that shutdown line over JV...The Bruins top line is insane right now ..36 points....the entire rest of the teams forwards have 17 points.

Shut down that line..winner,winner,chicken dinner.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
Green must be right. Eriksson is so subtle I don't notice him at all!

I agree with Green, in that day-to-day, Eriksson is not his biggest problem... and the coach is most worried about the day-to-day.

Eriksson is a long term problem, with longer term implications. Upper management should be more concerned than the coach, but they don't see Eriksson as a problem, which is the real problem... Eriksson is actually a symptom of The Benning. Treat the Eriksson, and it's simply live to die another day. Eventually, the Benning will need to be sliced out from the Canucks organism, with all affected surrounding cells carefully removed. Eriksson will eventually have to be removed, by a surgeon's hand... but the squeaky wheels should get the first grease.

Last edited:

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
I agree with Green, in that day-to-day, Eriksson is not his biggest problem... and the coach is most worried about the day-to-day.

Eriksson is a long term problem, with longer term implications. Upper management should be more concerned than the coach, but they don't see Eriksson as a problem, which is the real problem... Eriksson is actually a symptom of The Benning. Treat the Eriksson, and it's simply live to die another day. Eventually, the Benning will need to be sliced out from the Canucks organism, with all affected surrounding cells carefully removed. Eriksson will eventually have to be removed, by a surgeon's hand... but the squeaky wheels should get the first grease.
....what?

Reactions: Grip it N RYP it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad