Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Where is this?

https://twitter.com/travisyost/status/659361244147675136

CSaFjhOVAAEARwN.jpg

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Wow. Soderberg is unhappy. Well guess what? He's an important part of the problem.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Good for him. Ballsy. I think we'll see a Downie type trade soon to try and right the ship. If that doesn't work they'll probably stand pat and take their shot at the draft.

I'm happy EJ thinks they'll get things upright. However we need more than one player a night trying to do this. And right now there is about 1 player per period doing this. The other 18 seem content for whatever reason.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Chambers' hack job on quotes where we don't even know what exactly he's responding to isn't indicative of anything. We have no idea what the question even was. Even if he doesn't agree they are doing some things well doesn't equal he's unhappy.

So if the players got them to change the man on man system then why isn't anyone speaking up now? Isn't it their responsibility to point out what's not working? If we can see it then they can see it.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Seriously one sentence we are inferring all this from? From the guy who twice couldn't even get D pairs right even after talking to Roy. It's just looking for what you want to hear.

EJ is the part of the group that needs to do less talking and more doing.

Also the no effort no heart is the laziest criticism ever that's exactly not what they are doing. I don't know how anyone could see that second and third and say they had no urgency what does urgency look like? Scoring goals? I don't get it, it doesn't match reality at all. If anything they play scared and tentative, that's not no effort. Not to say there aren't games where that's the case. But come on, it's game 8 of the season and they've already said it's embarrassing but yet nobody cares? When they go out there and put 10 shots in goal ok yeah maybe they mailed that one in. That's not what's happening here. This team is **** I'm not defending them but it's the laziest thing to rationalize poor play. Is it to keep the delusion up that all it takes is an increased compete level and they'll start winning games? I don't get it at all. This team sucks period. There doesn't have to be a fault or a reason. Top to bottom it sucks. It has sucked for the last decade.

Last edited:

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
To TV's point, the quote isn't clear and that's probably on purpose knowing Chambers. But if the insinuation is indeed true, it wouldn't come as a shock to see some of the players starting to question the system. Speaking against a coach to the media is a potential step toward a team-wide implosion.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Roy should just turn the TV on during intermission and let Rycroft rip them.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
They need a coach, a leader, someone to give it to them straight. Not a buddy.

Bubba doesn't always post about hockey but when he does, he's right.

Sometimes I think you're just on here to yell at people and make bad puns and jokes that only old people get. but then you make a post about that team that's spot on and I realize you're a fan too :laugh:

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado
Also the no effort no heart is the laziest criticism ever that's exactly not what they are doing. I don't know how anyone could see that second and third and say they had no urgency what does urgency look like? Scoring goals? I don't get it, it doesn't match reality at all. If anything they play scared and tentative, that's not no effort. Not to say there aren't games where that's the case. But come on, it's game 8 of the season and they've already said it's embarrassing but yet nobody cares? When they go out there and put 10 shots in goal ok yeah maybe they mailed that one in. That's not what's happening here. This team is **** I'm not defending them but it's the laziest thing to rationalize poor play. Is it to keep the delusion up that all it takes is an increased compete level and they'll start winning games? I don't get it at all. This team sucks period. There doesn't have to be a fault or a reason. Top to bottom it sucks. It has sucked for the last decade.
Urgency is moving your feet to defend against an opponent in your D-zone instead of gliding and hooking him with your stick and taking a penalty that lead to a PP goal against.

Urgency is attacking an opponent at the blue line when killing a penalty instead of letting him skate into your D-zone 1v3 and walk in on net and score a goal.

Urgency is attacking the net on the powerplay with bodies in front, screens, and shots on goal instead of passing the puck around the perimeter for over a minute; twice in the same game.

These are but three instances in the last game alone where the lack of compete has cost the Avs a game. There have been many, many instances similar to this that are costing the Avs games.

Yes, the team is making bad decisions but they are also lacking in compete level. The head coach said publicly after one ugly defeat that the team got outworked and didn't compete. The captain has said multiple times in interviews that the team got outworked and that's why they lost. The #1 Dman has said in post game interviews the team got outworked by the opponent and that's why they lost.

Unfortunately the coach and players are saying the right things but they're not doing the right things and that includes playing with urgency and a high compete level.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Both the players and the coaches/system are to blame for this awful start again. One of the greatest problems I see with this team (and there are quite a few) is the insane amount of passes that have a low percentage of success especially the ones resulting in icing. That has to stop. I don't know if anybody has that info somewhere but I'd love to see last year and this year percentage of icing per game from our team vs the opponent. It's got to be very lopsided against us. How many times during a game do we see one of our dmen standing for quite a while behind our net with the puck waiting to find an open teammate and eventually just try to rip a long and very difficult to handle pass down the middle or along the boards? Just frustrating to see.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Both the players and the coaches/system are to blame for this awful start again. One of the greatest problems I see with this team (and there are quite a few) is the insane amount of passes that have a low percentage of success especially the ones resulting in icing. That has to stop. I don't know if anybody has that info somewhere but I'd love to see last year and this year percentage of icing per game from our team vs the opponent. It's got to be very lopsided against us. How many times during a game do we see one of our dmen standing for quite a while behind our net with the puck waiting to find an open teammate and eventually just try to rip a long and very difficult to handle pass down the middle or along the boards? Just frustrating to see.

But we play a one and done style offense. Its most likely going to be like that.

The goal, is to have a quick-strike, counter attack and use speed to generate good chances.

Basically, we chase while the cycle is happening in our zone for a while, and then, either we get a turnover and try to counter attack, or, the shift is too long in our zone, and we dump and change.

The avs just do not cycle in the offensive zone. And, that has to be by choice (coaching) in other words.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Urgency is moving your feet to defend against an opponent in your D-zone instead of gliding and hooking him with your stick and taking a penalty that lead to a PP goal against.

Urgency is attacking an opponent at the blue line when killing a penalty instead of letting him skate into your D-zone 1v3 and walk in on net and score a goal.

Urgency is attacking the net on the powerplay with bodies in front, screens, and shots on goal instead of passing the puck around the perimeter for over a minute; twice in the same game.

These are but three instances in the last game alone where the lack of compete has cost the Avs a game. There have been many, many instances similar to this that are costing the Avs games.

Yes, the team is making bad decisions but they are also lacking in compete level. The head coach said publicly after one ugly defeat that the team got outworked and didn't compete. The captain has said multiple times in interviews that the team got outworked and that's why they lost. The #1 Dman has said in post game interviews the team got outworked by the opponent and that's why they lost.

Unfortunately the coach and players are saying the right things but they're not doing the right things and that includes playing with urgency and a high compete level.

I truly don't feel like the avs lack urgency or hard work.

In fact, I think its the opposite.

I really believe the system they employ promotes non-stop, hard work. Unfortunately, they have to work hard, rather than work smart.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Seriously one sentence we are inferring all this from? From the guy who twice couldn't even get D pairs right even after talking to Roy. It's just looking for what you want to hear.

EJ is the part of the group that needs to do less talking and more doing.

I'm with TV here. Aside from the Boston game, where has the team been outwardly lazy or not working hard? They've certainly been inept at times, but I don't see a lack of consistent effort.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

This teams got alot of damn issues right now but working hard isnt really one of them save for the Boston game. The team as a whole is working hard imo they just aint working smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad