GDT: Game 8: Avs @ Panthers | Tuesday, October 27th, 5:30pm MT | Pitchforks

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
By my logic? Or by your strawman?

I am no fan of Guenin, and can't wait for him to be off this team, but relative to his normal level of play, he hasn't actually been that bad. Simply stating he's playing ECHL hockey because he has in the past certainly is not the fact of the matter.

I want Gormley to play right now too, but like I said, with the team makeup, there isn't an obvious pairing for him. If Barie was a little bigger and maybe a little better defensively, Gormley'd be glued to his left side no matter the mistakes he's occasionally made.

If Zadorov hadn't made a few of his own mistakes and wasn't showing he's a great fit with Barrie either, Zadorov wouldn't be taking that LD spot on the 3rd pairing.

If Holden hadn't played the best hockey of his career to start the year, Gormley would be on that left side with Guenin or Stuart.

If Gormley wasn't waiver eligible he might have started the year in the minors after his tough pre season game against LA, to slowly develop him game with more minutes.

It's not as simple as just saying Roy's too stubborn to play Gormley over Guenin.

Just give up man. These guys are going to think what they want to think no matter what.

Even the little things are so disappointing right now. What happened to the Comeau from the preseason and earlier games, who was a forechecking beast creating turnovers and hitting everything in sight? Those things shouldn't go away when the team is struggling.

Yeah, he is quickly fading. I loved what he brought the first few games. What happened?

For a decent NHL player, it's tough. Depends on the situation of the other team, but I do think with the depth on D up the pipeline, I think Siemens is expendable and might still carry some decent value. I'm not down on him per se, and we would have to add to him to get a decent return, but I think that might be able to start a discussion.

They don't need a legit top 6 scorer, they just need some speed on the wings from a decent top 9'er IMO. I'd really be trying to find out the asking price on Atkinson right now if I was Sakic. Every single winger looks slow except Skille, and maybe Comeau on occasion.

We need a legit top 6 scorer. We need guys who know how to score and/or creating scoring opportunities. We also just don't have room for another contract, especially a bottom 6 talent. Rantanen is already in the AHL and our current bottom 6 is playing good enough not to bench anyone. If we bring in a bottom 6 player then we will need to move one out. Comeau and Yeti were just signed. Grigo and Everberg are good young players. Skille, McLeod and Mitchell are playing their roles really well.

If we bring in another forward this year then who is the odd man out?

I wanna know what's up with EJ.

Tonight he played 14:45 even strength. Holden played 17:01. Barrie 16:57. Zadorov 17:32. Beauchemin 16:21.

Isn't he supposed to be our #1? The guy we just agreed to pay 6M a year to untill 2023?

Is he injured? If he is, he should just be rested untill fit. If there is nothing wrong with him? Then idk what goes on with the decision making.

Maybe he is injured. But regardless, the guy has been playing pretty bad. He is suppose to be our #1, but he isn't playing like one. TOI should be a reflection of how these guys are doing at the time, not what their role should be.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't recall there being much complaining about Duchene and Iggy together last year or even over the summer.

This is the year for MacK to learn to be that 1C. Sure the lineup might work better with him at wing but some day when we are ready to win games having him experienced and fully entrenched in that spot will be something we need.

Sakics Snowblower

Aug 16, 2011
Saint John, NB
Why? What's the big deal? You think if he is moved to wing for now it will hurt his development? Will he be damaged goods as far as being a center in the future?

He's been doing very well at it so far, and will only get better the more he plays down the middle. It would be stalling that development to move him around again. Mack at center isn't what's hurting this team right now.

Ice Crusher

Apr 10, 2011
Quebec City
Don't know where to put this but do any of you know why there wasn't any Behind the bench with Patrick Roy this morning? Seems pretty odd.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
He's been doing very well at it so far, and will only get better the more he plays down the middle. It would be stalling that development to move him around again. Mack at center isn't what's hurting this team right now.

No one said he was the problem, or that he was hurting the team at C, i certainly didn't.

Now, last year he started at C and didn't look good at all, was moved to RW and finished his season there. Started this year's TC at RW and was only moved to C after one or two preseason games, and looks good at C now.

So, apparently moving him to RW last season didn't hurt his development all that much, did it? But you want to tell me that moving him back to RW for a few games would stall his development? I think its a little over dramatic.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It won't hurt him but a year of experience at C under his belt will make him a better C next year or whenever we might attempt to try and win. If this is a development year then its best to develop the players to get the best use out of them for the future.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
It won't hurt him but a year of experience at C under his belt will make him a better C next year or whenever we might attempt to try and win.

So, are we throwing in the towel already on the season?

I'm not saying moving him to RW would save our season, but isn't it worth a look at least?

And aren't we paying Soderberg 2nd line money, shouldn't he have an opportunity to show what he can do with the linemates he was "promised"?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

I'm not saying moving him to RW would save our season, but isn't it worth a look at least?

And aren't we paying Soderberg 2nd line money, shouldn't he have an opportunity to show what he can do with the linemates he was "promised"?

If that was the move to guarantee wins, sure. I do think Soderberg could be tried at wing on one of those lines. But MacK's development should be a priority, having a 1C is pretty important.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

The players seem to have plus our division is ridiculous. Its more or less over already unless our entire div decides to drop 7-8 games in a row like us.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
MacKinnon should remain at center. I'd rather they try Soderberg at wing than mess around with MacKinnon again.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

Not really worth a look to me. This team is missing something beyond personnel issues. Moving MacK to wing isn't going to fix the problem. This team just needs to learn how to play consistently and learn how to win.

Soderberg might be a little overpaid for a 3rd liner, but that's the position he was brought in for. Him being the 2C was always just a momentary move until MacK was ready to move to C. I'm sure he knew this when he signed and I highly doubt he was promised a thing. The staff has made it pretty clear that Duchene and MacK are the top6 centers of the future.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It would be nice if we actually knew what Soderberg was asked and his full response to it but still, props to him for telling it like it is.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I didn't express this last night because I wanted to think about it first.

However after the first 2-3 games this year the intensity is all but gone.

Especially the last 3 games. There has been 0 killer instinct for this team at the end of games. The just seem to be lackadaisical when they get down. Last year they'd atleast press hard the last 10 minutes or so if they were behind. This year they just seem to stick to the plan of tossing the puck up the boards and dumping it in and only sending one forechecker down low.

I find this concerning because there just seems to be no character or intensity at all. I don't think I've seen a lick of intensity since the Dallas game save for a shift or two here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad