Post-Game Talk: Game 79 - Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play? Tampa Bay 4 BRUINS 0 FINAL

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
bring on Toronto please, It will get the Bruins more pumped up than a series in depressing NJ.

Marchand playing the leafs, yes please

LucicIsABeast

Dec 7, 2008
Lville IL
Tampa was playing like this was a playoff game and the bruins didn’t. Outworked and out muscled in every part of the game. TB was out there throwing hits and getting into dirty areas to win pucks, and bruins let them. I hope this young crew knows how to pick up their game when PO time starts.

Reactions: Strafer and lopey

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Of course I would rather have Boston face the WC2 team than Toronto in the first round, but they are going to have to face them at some point if the Leafs are as scary as everyone thinks they are.

Agree. Not an ideal matchup out of the gate but to truly contend you’ve got to handle anybody.

Plus if TB/Vasilevsky don’t pull it together and play more like this game Toronto would likely be sitting there waiting for us round 2.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Agree. Not an ideal matchup out of the gate but to truly contend you’ve got to handle anybody.

Plus if TB/Vasilevsky don’t pull it together and play more like this game Toronto would likely be sitting there waiting for us round 2.

I honestly didn’t think TB did anything special tonight, nor did Vasilevsky. The B’s just played extremely flat and didn’t generate any pressure on the TB goalie. It wasn’t like the other day when Mrazek robbed 2/3 goals.

If the B’s can take 1st place, and TB faces TOR, I believe the Leafs will advance. I just hope it goes 7 with 6 OT games :laugh:

bluetib

Feb 17, 2009
Montreal
bruins.nhl.com
When we play hard we usually get injured...

Started with Philly and now for a second time yesterday, Bergy, Chara and McAvoy obviously out of sync, missing Riley and Carlo with/for Krug.

Reactions: Strafer

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Started with Philly and now for a second time yesterday, Bergy, Chara and McAvoy obviously out of sync, missing Riley and Carlo with/for Krug.

I’m not sure about the first part.

I agree with the second, which is why you want those guys back before the playoffs.

I would like to see:

33-73
47-86
48-54

Last edited:
Reactions: BBruins

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Missed this one.

Real bummed they couldn't finish the series sweep.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Maybe its because we're already locked into the playoffs or maybe its because I just think this team is that good, but these losses don't bother me. I mean obviously I'd like us to win every game, but I'm not even remotely mad or upset that we lost to Tampa. Could be a nice little kick in the ass reminder that you have to bring it night in and night out or that's what can happen.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Wow what? Injuries can happen at anytime however, something I heard a ton in my playing days (not nearly at this level) was injuries have a tendency to occur when your NOT skating,working hard as your telling your body to relax a bit and leaves it open to taking a hit it`s not braced for.

This team was out skated, outplayed last night, simple as that. No way will I hammer em` for it, if this was the 6/7th game in a row we saw it then I`d be worried but it isn`t. I want first and not because I give a rat`s arse about bragging rights of being in the first spot but I`m one on here who doesn`t in the least like the way this team matches up vs the Leafs

Reactions: lopey

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I’m over first place. Fatigue is real. Rest Marchand, Pasta, Krejci and Krug the rest of the way. Chara, McAvoy and Bergeron have had enough rest.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Tough loss but now just need to win the last 3.

Florida is still hoping they can make the playoffs so they'll be playing for something.

Doesn't look good for icing an AHL level roster for the last game of the regular season.

bluetib

Feb 17, 2009
Montreal
bruins.nhl.com
Wow what? Injuries can happen at anytime however, something I heard a ton in my playing days (not nearly at this level) was injuries have a tendency to occur when your NOT skating,working hard as your telling your body to relax a bit and leaves it open to taking a hit it`s not braced for.

This team was out skated, outplayed last night, simple as that. No way will I hammer em` for it, if this was the 6/7th game in a row we saw it then I`d be worried but it isn`t. I want first and not because I give a rat`s arse about bragging rights of being in the first spot but I`m one on here who doesn`t in the least like the way this team matches up vs the Leafs

Not many injuries this year while not skating or playing lazy but you are right about the will to win yesterday.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Cassidy comments after loss

"[Rask] has been better. I think he'd be the first to tell you that,” said Bruce Cassidy. “The first two goals were from distance. The 2nd might have been through traffic, but the first one can't go in."

"I thought a lot of our young guys got an education on what it takes. I'm not putting this on them, but I'm just saying the experience they gained tonight understanding the urgency level will be very good for them in the long run,” said Cassidy. “We had some 'B' & 'C' games tonight. We really did...and not enough 'A' games to beat a hungry team in that type of battle. You saw the game. There were some guys that needed to be better and they weren't. It is what it is. They were harder than us. Give them full credit.”

Reactions: ProdigalFan and BMC

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Cassidy comments after loss
That is a slippery slope in a land of mighty egos,reminds me of coaches like O'Reilly or Sutter. He better tread very carefully. "We all stunk" is one thing,"Tuukka stunk" is another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad