Post-Game Talk: Game 79 - Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play? Tampa Bay 4 BRUINS 0 FINAL

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-4-3_23-31-56.png

upload_2018-4-3_22-21-3.png

upload_2018-4-3_22-16-38.png

GAME SUMMARY

EVENT SUMMARY

PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI BRUINS

:bruins:bolts

Last edited:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Lets just win out the season. We should be able to win these next 3.

Rough second period for tuukka.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Still in control of our own destiny.

I think securing 1st is huge and need to go for it... hopefully able to cough up 3 points from the games with the cats and 2 from Ottawa

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I would like to avoid the Leafs if possible but at the least Bruins have home ice . Hopefully Rick Nash is ready to go on the weekend , I like Donato but he isn’t quite ready for a top 6 spot in the playoffs. How about a 3rd line of Heinen - Backes - Donato and Riley goes to line 4 ?

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Thursday is huge ,the idea of having to beat toronto and tbay is a tiring thought just thinking about it . Get a point Thursday and win out on the weekend . Yes we all have Ottawa nightmares from an April afternoon game two years a go but time to erase that . By Sunday night Florida will have monday tee times so they might not be as tough as usual .

This team will re charge for the playoffs so we have to go for 1st . The team tonight looked like Florida did in Boston . Too many hard games in too few of days but all they need is a day here or there , no need for big rest . The injuries and Marchy suspension has actually helped rest some key guys anyways .

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafer

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
A little disappointed at the final score, but not too surprised about the loss since it was the B's 4th game in 6 days coming off a back to back matinee weekend, then flying down to Florida with a banged up team playing a good Tampa team with revenge on their mind.

I hope when the B's get to Sunrise they'll get a good days rest (and no sight-seeing) before playing the Panthers.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Nothing worked tonight. Passes in skates, mishandling the puck , players falling all over the place,bad play selection, you name it.

We can't put this one on the refs. Gionta's goal was high-sticking and Tuukka was not interfered with enough to be the cause of the goal. I thought they were challenging for off-sides at first, looked that way to me at full speed.

Reactions: BMC and since76

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Nothing worked tonight. Passes in skates, mishandling the puck , players falling all over the place,bad play selection, you name it.

We can't put this one on the refs. Gionta's goal was high-sticking and Tuukka was not interfered with enough to be the cause of the goal. I thought they were challenging for off-sides at first, looked that way to me at full speed.
I don't think anyone believes the refs were the cause of the loss, or that they were even in the top ten reasons they lost. That said, it should be fair game to criticize them for blowing the pretty obvious penalty on Pasta on his breakaway. I know I only ref up to high school, but that penalty was obvious even to me.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017

Two bad calls did change the momentum and possibly the outcome....PASTA did not trip that player and gave Tampa a pp and momentum and then when Pasta had the break away he was tugged and wrapped and that should have been a penalty or a PS.....If Pasta scores there it is a whole new game possibly......But the team did not play well.....The Bergie line was off....

Reactions: bluetib and Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad