Post-Game Talk: Game 79 - Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play? Tampa Bay 4 BRUINS 0 FINAL

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Two bad calls did change the momentum and possibly the outcome....PASTA did not trip that player and gave Tampa a pp and momentum and then when Pasta had the break away he was tugged and wrapped and that should have been a penalty or a PS.....If Pasta scores there it is a whole new game possibly......But the team did not play well.....The Bergie line was off....

I'll agree on the tripping call, I actually thought it was Pasta that had been tripped and it looked like that on the replay too, so yeah bad call.

The break away wasn't as clear to me, could have gone either way but I don't think he would have scored one way or the other, he was in to close.

All of that said , the better team won tonight. Like I said, too many Bruins didn't play well tonight.

Reactions: JP Nolan

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-4-3_23-32-33.png

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Thursday is huge ,the idea of having to beat toronto and tbay is a tiring thought just thinking about it . Get a point Thursday and win out on the weekend . Yes we all have Ottawa nightmares from an April afternoon game two years a go but time to erase that . By Sunday night Florida will have monday tee times so they might not be as tough as usual .

This team will re charge for the playoffs so we have to go for 1st . The team tonight looked like Florida did in Boston . Too many hard games in too few of days but all they need is a day here or there , no need for big rest . The injuries and Marchy suspension has actually helped rest some key guys anyways .

I remember that game vs Ottawa very well and where I was standing.Well sad news is I am back welding this month in that exact same plant...:booboo: Need at least a point Thursday though ..

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
First game I missed all season because I forgot to set the screen before I went to work :ha: sounds and looks like I didn’t miss anything but some aggravation

Reactions: BMC

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
You know, in the previous game between these two teams, Marchand scored an empty net goal and waved his arms saying "it's over".

I knew right then that it would be very tough to beat Tampa the next game as Marchand gave them ammunition.

I hope Cassidy addressed this, as there is no reason to give other teams something to rally around for the next game.

Reactions: Strafer

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
You know, in the previous game between these two teams, Marchand scored an empty net goal and waved his arms saying "it's over".

I knew right then that it would be very tough to beat Tampa the next game as Marchand gave them ammunition.

I hope Cassidy addressed this, as there is no reason to give other teams something to rally around for the next game.
I have to agree with this. I love Marchand for the most part but I don't see the logic in rubbing a regular season loss in an opponent's face. No good will come of it.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Aren't there two extremes that seem to exist amongst the fans? The ones that wont give him any credit and the ones that refuse to give any criticism.
The issue with his two tweets is that he cherry picked Tuukka’s tweets and followed it up with one from Cassidy’s comments to make it look like Tuukka refuses to acknowledge he had a bad game.

It furthers Haggs narrative that Tuukka is not the right goalie to lead the Bruins to the cup and that he’s mentally fragile. People take those tweets and run with them and the nonsense spreads across boards like this, blogs, social media and radio.

Context is everything and the lack of context, as noted by the op, is the issue I have.

The topic was also discussed on the last few pages of the GDT when the trolls came out like they always do and got called out on it.

You can say Tuukka had a bad game yes but to pin this loss solely on him is bs. The team didn’t score. That is the real issue.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
The issue with his two tweets is that he cherry picked Tuukka’s tweets and followed it up with one from Cassidy’s comments to make it look like Tuukka refuses to acknowledge he had a bad game.

It furthers Haggs narrative that Tuukka is not the right goalie to lead the Bruins to the cup and that he’s mentally fragile. People take those tweets and run with them and the nonsense spreads across boards like this, blogs, social media and radio.

Context is everything and the lack of context, as noted by the op, is the issue I have.

The topic was also discussed on the last few pages of the GDT when the trolls came out like they always do and got called out on it.

You can say Tuukka had a bad game yes but to pin this loss solely on him is bs. The team didn’t score. That is the real issue.

I hear what you are saying and the tweets do lack context and it would seem like there was some sort of agenda to post one after the other.

In general though I'm fed up that everything with Rask has to be taken to either one extreme or the other.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I hear what you are saying and the tweets do lack context and it would seem like there was some sort of agenda to post one after the other.

In general though I'm fed up that everything with Rask has to be taken to either one extreme or the other.
You and me both.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany

Who is saying that this was directed at Tampa?

Thats your own imagination. I am sure that this will absolutely be no topic because it really was nothing.

Reactions: BBruins

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Well that was a good ole fashioned ass kicking. Tampa needed a statement game and give them credit, they did it.

It wouldn’t be the Bruins if they made it easy on themselves. That’s just not how we do things. Turn the page and focus on the last 3.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I’m sure the way Tampa played had absolutely nothing to with the fact that this game would have basically eliminated them from 1st place...and everything to do with Marchand celebrating a goal.

I’m sure Cassidy had plenty of other things to address before he got to that.

Reactions: Ladyfan

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Haggs with an agenda? Noooo... :laugh:

At any rate, I don’t think this was Rask’s best game, but I didn’t think he was awful either.

I’m sure he would have liked the first one back, looked like Kucherov screened him on the fly by (on Rask).

The 2nd was a bomb through bodies (no chance).

The 3rd was the result of the D not clearing the front, Tampa swarming, and a curious non-icing call (70-30 on D).

The 4th was a tough call. The play goes from DeBrusk having a chance to bring the B’s within 2 to a 2 on 1. It looked to me like Rask was thinking it was going to be a pass, but the shot was a bomb by Miller. I have a hard time blaming this on Rask (60-40 on Rask).

In addition to this, when the B’s got dominated in the first period, Rask made a number of good saves to keep Boston in the game (at the time).

The goalie is like the QB in football, too much credit when the team wins, too much blame when they lose.

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The B’s just didn’t have their legs last night. It’s unfortunate because the W would have all but sowed up the 1 seed.

Of course I would rather have Boston face the WC2 team than Toronto in the first round, but they are going to have to face them at some point if the Leafs are as scary as everyone thinks they are.

I’m more concerned with getting all the bodies back and having them play a game or two before the playoffs start. Ideally, the B’s assimilate these guys back in and still win out (or win two if TB loses one).

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So if the Bruins lose in regulation to Florida and Tampa wins Friday at home against Buffalo and Saturday on the road against Carolina are the Bruins locked into second even winning both games this weekend

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad