Post-Game Talk: Game 79 - Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play? Tampa Bay 4 BRUINS 0 FINAL

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Then who do you sit?

Are you going to keep the 4th line together (it hasn’t been since Kuraly went down) at the expense of a better player?
If there all healthy I like that line,and think there style of play is needed in the playoffs.Id consider throwing Backes on their over Acari.Maybee a third line of Riley Nash,Heinen and Donato.Lets just hope they are all healthy and Butch has this problem who plays.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver

I really hope they continue to go all out until first place is clinched or the season is over. I have seen too many times in sports where a team eases up at the end prematurely and end up losing out on home ice/field advantage and also lose the competitive mental edge in doing so. It is a loser mentality to start resting players when a major goal like home ice through the East can still be obtained.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Just about every #1 goalie in the league can raise their game to the elite level at times.

Since the start of December, Rask has been at an elite level most of the time.
I thought he was at at an elite level for 3 months but has been something less than that for about a month.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
I do think you need great goaltending,but most times the better team wins. Of those past 45 cup winners,the Conn Smythe went to the goalie 13 times,to a defenseman 7 times and to a forward 25 times. I think when a goalie stands out,it is more noticeable. In the 71 Dryden year, runnerup Tony Esposito actually had the better GAA 2.19 to Dryden's 3.00. In Billy Smith's year,Bossy had 17 goals in 20 games and 5 game winners. Tuukka had a 1.88 GAA and a playoff leading .940 save percentage in the 13 playoffs and lost. TEAM!

Below are Tuukka's game 6 and game 7 stats. Pretty bad.......Hence the question.....Can he win the big one ?......
2 wins and 7 losses with about and 875% ......All this while playing on the same TEAM that he has tremendous numbers with in games one thru five. Pretty telling.
Yes, I would say the guy has a lot to prove. Actually more then i even thought. Lets hope now at 31, he is more mature and can grasp the mental grind of the game. Last night was a big game and another stinker.....

I guess we will find out in two weeks.......Now can we stop.......? I am moving on. I expect with your confidence in the guy, we will lift the cup. I am counting on your expert opinion of the guy and not those stats below.

Game 6-
1-5
SV% .901

Game 7-
1-2
SV% .849

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Below are Tuukka's game 6 and game 7 stats. Pretty bad.......Hence the question.....Can he win the big one ?......
2 wins and 7 losses with about and 875% ......All this while playing on the same TEAM that he has tremendous numbers with in games one thru five. Pretty telling.
Yes, I would say the guy has a lot to prove. Actually more then i even thought. Lets hope now at 31, he is more mature and can grasp the mental grind of the game. Last night was a big game and another stinker.....

I guess we will find out in two weeks.......Now can we stop.......? I am moving on. I expect with your confidence in the guy, we will lift the cup. I am counting on your expert opinion of the guy and not those stats below.

Game 6-
1-5
SV% .901

Game 7-
1-2
SV% .849
You missed the entire point of our discussion. The Bruins lost,not Tuukka. Can the Bruins win the "big one?" Who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad