GDT: Game 79 - Avs @ Ducks - Duck Theathon - 6:30PM

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Pretty ugly win but at this point just be happy to get the 2 points and move on...

That said, I get why some folks would be pissed at the officiating in the game, 3 straight PPGs to get us from trailing 4-2 to a 5-4 OT win all in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd.... But literally all of those penalties were pretty legit penalties. The OT one in particular was so damn obvious. Vatrano literally stops and even throws the reverse hit on Rodrigues, like of course they were going to call that. It was so dumb of him to purposely throw the reverse hit. If he had just stopped skating and didn't throw the hit they likely dont call it but he made the reverse so obvious.

IMO the only penalty they called that was pretty borderline and probably shouldn't have been called given the scenario inside the game, was the trip on Mackinnon by I believe Grant. That looked more like Mackinnon tripping himself up going for the 180 deke rather then Grant actually sticking his skate out in a way to trip Mack. I didn't like that call, but the other 3 were just blatant and legit penalties. And really dumb ones at that.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Ok so with 3 games to go here is the schedule for Avs Stars and Wild…

Avs: Home against Oilers and Jets, road vs Preds
Wild: road vs Hawks, home vs Jets, road vs Preds
Stars: road vs Wings and Blues, home vs Blues

They all play back to backs. Stars have by far the easiest 3 games and they should win out which will give them 108 points.

If Stars win out Avs would need to get 5 out of the last 6 points to get 109 because Stars have the tie breaker. Im not too worried about the Wild, but Dallas is gonna be tough

Avs will beat the Oilers on Tuesday, the same night Vegas loses to SEA. Avs will then control their own fate on winning the west.. they won't win the west, but it'll be a nice thought.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Always a joy to read the Oilers board complaining about how many PPs the Avs get and calling the Avs divers when the Oilers have more PPs than the Avs this year lol.

Therein lies the reason why so many find it so refreshing when they lose. When the Leafs lose you kinda feel bad for the fans. When the Oilers lose it's f***ing amazing.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
So I have not been able to watch this road trip, being on the road myself. However, it seems to me in watching the highlights that Sammy G. has been on the ice for a lot of opposition goals this week. Is my assessment accurate?
The word is he’s small in size

Reactions: niwotsblessing

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Always a joy to read the Oilers board complaining about how many PPs the Avs get and calling the Avs divers when the Oilers have more PPs than the Avs this year lol.

Therein lies the reason why so many find it so refreshing when they lose. When the Leafs lose you kinda feel bad for the fans. When the Oilers lose it's f***ing amazing.
Did you know ‘it’s a hockey game and not a concert’?

Oilers fans give off peak ‘I had fun once and it was awful’ vibes

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Need Makar for sure because he’s the only D-man in the league who can shutdown or at least contain McDavid
Makar at his absolute best last year. But Makar has been hurt and leaned on too much this year. And McDavid found another gear. The Oilers are scary good this season.

McDavid is even better than last season and Drai is getting healthy.

The rest of the roster is still mediocre but last year they aspired to be mediocre.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Makar at his absolute best last year. But Makar has been hurt and leaned on too much this year. And McDavid found another gear. The Oilers are scary good this season.

McDavid is even better than last season and Drai is getting healthy.

The rest of the roster is still mediocre but last year they aspired to be mediocre.
Oilers are a much better team than last year. Ekholm has helped them on D, RNH with 100 point season and McDavid, Draisaitl on another level. However they do rely heavily on their PP like last year

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

No fanbase has acted more entitled in the last 10 years than the Oilers. Its like the league should just give them the cup for getting 1st overall picks. The shitty thing is I like alot of players on the team but the f***in people make me cheer against them All. The. Time.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
No fanbase has acted more entitled in the last 10 years than the Oilers. Its like the league should just give them the cup for getting 1st overall picks. The shitty thing is I like alot of players on the team but the f***in people make me cheer against them All. The. Time.
It was super cringe with mcdavid and his individual goals. I’d drive down to ball to punch Mack if I heard him say that shit

Reactions: CobraAcesS

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
Macdermid’s never had the chance to be fair

MACDERMIDYUP.gif

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Frankly, if everyone is healthy, it probably should be Girard that sits. Johnson & Johnson just works as a shutdownpair. And can't slot Girard in the top-4 either.
Oh boy…

I get that Sammy has had a rough go of it the last couple games at least but there’s no need to go off the deep end.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
So I have not been able to watch this road trip, being on the road myself. However, it seems to me in watching the highlights that Sammy G. has been on the ice for a lot of opposition goals this week. Is my assessment accurate?
Yeah, some bad luck and mistakes on his part have led to some goals against. It’s just weird though. Take the LA game—the Eller line and MacDermid-Hunt pairing gets stuck in the d-zone for what feels like an hour and somehow the puck stays out of the net. Very next shift the top line and top pairing roll out and boom, the Kings score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad