GDT: Game 79 - Avs @ Ducks - Duck Theathon - 6:30PM

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Whew, Avs sure f***ed around and nearly found out but the Ducks went out of their way to hand the game back to them. That is the epitome of a bad team, they just find ways to lose. And honestly I didn’t think any of those three calls were soft. The Vatrano “pick” was pure idiocy on his part.

Mikko hits 100, first time since the inaugural season that the Avs have two players hit the century mark.

Last two games were ugly but they still managed to win. I’ll take it.
I think if Vatrano just stands still there is no penalty called.

The f***ing idiot decided to reverse check Rodrigues, though. Like... why? It was SO obvious lol.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It happens almost every season that a team goes on a long winning streak while playing terrible hockey...then they get spanked, get down back to Earth, reset and restart again on the right foot.

I think we get the spanking next game against the Oilers.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I was about to say. Haven't like noticed him at all since he joined, and for what he does that's the best compliment you can give. Just soldiers on.
He is in the perfect role on the perfect team. System fits his strengths to a tee and he's not asked to play against tough competition unless he's killing penalties and even then I believe he's 2nd unit PK.

Reactions: The Moops

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think if Vatrano just stands still there is no penalty called.

The f***ing idiot decided to reverse check Rodrigues, though. Like... why? It was SO obvious lol.
Yep. If Cale had done something like that on one of the power play zone entries he occasionally gets called on I would’ve been furious with him.

I loved Vatrano’s teammate on the bench absolutely losing his shit, even throwing his stick. :laugh:

Reactions: drhiii

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It happens almost every season that a team goes on a long winning streak while playing terrible hockey...then they get spanked, get down back to Earth, reset and restart again on the right foot.

Probably. The Oilers have been firing on all cylinders for a long time now and their offense looks unstoppable. Plus we are missing a f*** ton of guys again.

I do have my sights set on the Conference crown but that seems far fetched. Avs would have to win out and hope Seattle takes 1 of 2 against Vegas.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
JJ has played really well since we reacquired him, really showing he wants to to be in the top 6 come playoff time.

Girard can ride the bench for all I care. I'm so beyond over the getting outmuscled, getting beat to the net, general f***ery that he does on an almost nightly basis.
Frankly, if everyone is healthy, it probably should be Girard that sits. Johnson & Johnson just works as a shutdownpair. And can't slot Girard in the top-4 either.

Reactions: Foote8 and chet1926

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
Did MacDermid even see the ice in the 2nd or 3rd?
Dermy played 7 minutes, yet every time he was on the ice it was noticeable in a very bad way. Hunt played 11 minutes.

He’s unplayable and Hunt would be our call up in case of injury in playoffs. Absolutely not a serviceable 7/8D D. Doesn’t belong in the NHL.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Ugly win, but this game at least they deserved to win. Dostal played great, just couldn't handle all the braindead penalties the skaters were taking. I know I would be furious as a Ducks fan right now, but those were legit calls. I'm surprised they were called, but they weren't ticky-tack penalties.

Hell, the refs saved them from themselves in the Bedard sweepstakes, they should be grateful.

Reactions: katfude and drhiii

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
C’est la danse des Canards
Qui en sortant de la mare
Tirer les pénalités
Et perdre le match

New words to the chicken dance which is the duck dance in French for some reason

Reactions: UncleRisto

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

They also have the first game back home after a long road trip factor against them there.

I still think the Avs need a little help from St Louis to steal a game from Dallas.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Ok so with 3 games to go here is the schedule for Avs Stars and Wild…

Avs: Home against Oilers and Jets, road vs Preds
Wild: road vs Hawks, home vs Jets, road vs Preds
Stars: road vs Wings and Blues, home vs Blues

They all play back to backs. Stars have by far the easiest 3 games and they should win out which will give them 108 points.

If Stars win out Avs would need to get 5 out of the last 6 points to get 109 because Stars have the tie breaker. Im not too worried about the Wild, but Dallas is gonna be tough

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Ok so with 3 games to go here is the schedule for Avs Stars and Wild…

They all play back to backs. Stars have by far the easiest 3 games and they should win out which will give them 108 points.

If Stars win out Avs would need to get 5 out of the last 6 points to get 109 because Stars have the tie breaker. Im too worried about the Wild, but Dallas is gonna be tough
I'll tell you from now Detroit is going to beat Dallas

Reactions: Mules and the_fan

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
Did MacDermid even see the ice in the 2nd or 3rd?

MACDERMIDNO.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So we have the toughest schedule and no tie breaker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad