GDT: Game 79 - Avs @ Ducks - Duck Theathon - 6:30PM

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Ref's actually tipped the ice in the Avs direction for a change.

However, their calls were legit. Same Ducks taking stupid penalties all game long but no Getzlaf or Perry to around anymore to score.

Gotta be frustrating to watch your team almost give the game away and then decide to get serious about the contest after being down 4 - 2. (Four..4! unanswered Anaheim goals until the 3rd.)

Win is a win. Two points is two points. But can't play this way any longer because it is going to bite them in the ass as some point.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Not sure I can even blame the refs for this win. The ducks went out of their way to take some really dumbf***ing penalties. That one in OT was the cherry on top. Absolutely braindead play. The calls weren't soft, they were just numerous. That's the refs calling the obvious shit. Ducks lost this game themselves. Hilarious.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Not sure I can even blame the refs for this win. The ducks went out of their way to take some really dumbf***ing penalties. That one in OT was the cherry on top. Absolutely braindead play. The calls weren't soft, they were just numerous. That's the refs calling the obvious shit. Ducks lost this game themselves. Hilarious.
It was honestly quite refreshing that they were actually calling all the penalties.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The penalties in regulation on the Ducks were warranted even if they were excessive.

The penalty on Vatrano in OT was hilarious, though. The Avs ran like 5 straight picks on Ducks players in the O-zone before that and not a single call. You could even audibly hear the Ducks bench screaming for interference lol.

Reactions: wayninja

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
They didn't play a bottom feeder or make numerous dumb plays yesterday.
If there was ever a game that they didn't deserve to win it was yesterday.

The Avs have been playing very questionable hockey (and getting away with wins) since the 3rd period of the 1st game vs SJ last week.

Vk1ing

Feb 12, 2016
Ugly win is still a win. It doesnt matter how you get the W at this point in the season. We just really needed the two points and we managed to pull it off. Let's just get healthy so we are ready for when the games matter more

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
It was honestly quite refreshing that they were actually calling all the penalties.
Refs call all the obvious penalties - stealing the game for the team.

Refs don't call everything and even things up - game management.

Refs call nothing - swallowed their whistles.

Being a ref must be shit. You literally cannot win. Everyone hates you regardless of what you do.

Ducks killed themselves.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
When do we start acknowledging that Nate and Mikko might actually be better than Sakic and Forsberg?

I'm willing to say Rantanen is better than Forsberg right now. Nothing to do with country bias of course...

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Whew, Avs sure f***ed around and nearly found out but the Ducks went out of their way to hand the game back to them. That is the epitome of a bad team, they just find ways to lose. And honestly I didn’t think any of those three calls were soft. The Vatrano “pick” was pure idiocy on his part.

Mikko hits 100, first time since the inaugural season that the Avs have two players hit the century mark.

Last two games were ugly but they still managed to win. I’ll take it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad