Post-Game Talk: GAME 78 - YUCK!!!!!! - Sunrise Kittens 4 BRUINS 1 FINAL

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
That game could have gone so much better for the Bruins than it did. It was a rough one to watch on a Saturday afternoon. Cassidy needs to stop messing with the line chemistry and leave MoJo with Krejci and DeBrusk while leaving Pastrnak with Bergeron and Marchand. How this is not an easy thing for the Bruins to comprehend is beyond me.
The Krejci- Pasta combo looked good against the Rangers . Not sure what we saw today is really representative of what those lines are capable of . If they put up another dud tomorrow, sure put Pasta back up with Bergeron but I would give it another game before doing it .

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Two things that stood out to me besides all of the weirdness, Johansson looked pretty bad today. I hope that he gets his legs back but really he was way out of sync. Rask's timing was somewhat questionable too.
Another thing was that Griz didn't look like he's over whatever it was that was ailing him.
All in all though they were due for a game like today's. Not all teams are perfect every game and IMO sooner or later Tampa will go thru a down spell. I hope it's in the first or second round but we'll see.

Last edited:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Two things that stood out to me besides all of the weirdness, Johansson looked pretty bad today. I hope that he gets his legs back but really he was way out of sync. Rask's timing was somewhat questionable too.
Another thing was that Griz didn't look like he's over whatever it was that he was out with.
All in all though they were due for a game like today's. Not all teams are perfect every game and IMO sooner or later Tampa will go thru a down spell. I hope it's in the first or second round but we'll see.
Bruins have got 4 games left to figure out what they will do with Johansson. Obviously his play will dictate what transpires but at this point Heinen looks like the better option in the top 6 . The Kuraly injury is looming large . He was pivotal to that bottom 6 .

Reactions: BBruins and Strafer

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Bruins have got 4 games left to figure out what they will do with Johansson. Obviously his play will dictate what transpires but at this point Heinen looks like the better option in the top 6 . The Kuraly injury is looming large . He was pivotal to that bottom 6 .
Agree on Kuraly. Good point.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
What a mess. Just finished the DVR. Wish I hadn't. Nothing like playing down to the level of your opponent.
This game was probably the only game all year that I regretted spending the time to watch it . I’m really not invested emotionally in these 4 remaining games . Leafs aren’t catching the Bruins , they are practice games .

Reactions: Dr Hook

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Isles and TB will be tough and tor playing @ MTL could be very interesting. Bruins need to beat det tomorrow and get a point at least a point in one game either @ CBJ or Minn

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
I'm just looking forward to another Leafs/Bruins series. This game was whatever for me.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Remaining games for Boston and Toronto.

BOS @DET @CBJ @MIN vsTBL

TOR @NYI vsCAR vsTBL @mtl

I know its a matter of opinion but I'm not sure Toronto has an easier last few games...
Boston plays against 2 teams in the Playoffs and Toronto plays against including one that is tied for the Wild Card. They definitely have the tougher challenge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad