Post-Game Talk: GAME 78 - YUCK!!!!!! - Sunrise Kittens 4 BRUINS 1 FINAL

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Wow, what happened? When I had to stopped watching, 10min into the first, the Bruins were controlling the play and it looked like they would wear the Panthers down and end up winning fairly easily.

Was Bobby Lou hot? Failure to cash in on chances? Soft goals? All of the above?

In a bubble, a loss to FLA sucks, especially considering how many goals they've been giving up lately but, in the big picture, it's not terrible. It'll take a minor miracle for the Leafs to catch up and sometimes it's good for a team to put up a stinker. I'm sure the guys will shake it off, regroup, and focus on tuning up for game 1.

Reactions: BMC and Trizz617

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Glad I missed it. Bound to happen. No one's ever gonna circle a game like this on their calendar. As long as they take 2 points this weekend all will be well.

Stay healthy.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Strange game.
I'd usually say whatever and turn the page
but this morning's game is pretty much the one way they can be exposed by Toronto in the playoffs so I think they should take a look.

- when you're pressing that hard and not scoring you can over-commit and leave yourself exposed to a talented offence like The Panthers and Leafs have. Tough to say focused all game, in a game like today, but can't take things easy in the defensive zone or lose your positioning. And Rask (or Halak) are going to have to stay sharp.

That power play that they gave up the shortie was one of the worst executed power plays I've seen from them in a long time.

Reactions: Coach Parker

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Strange game.
I'd usually say whatever and turn the page
but this morning's game is pretty much the one way they can be exposed by Toronto in the playoffs so I think they should take a look.

- when you're pressing that hard and not scoring you can over-commit and leave yourself exposed to a talented offence like The Panthers and Leafs have. Tough to say focused all game, in a game like today, but can't take things easy in the defensive zone or lose your positioning. And Rask (or Halak) are going to have to stay sharp.

That power play that they gave up the shortie was one of the worst executed power plays I've seen from them in a long time.

Give some credit to Luongo too, he definitely had a good game. Some puck luck too, normally Marchand buries two of those. I am not worried about this game, they beat them 7-3 last meeting.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Bruins need to finish up March by putting a beating on the wings as April has 3 tough games ahead before its playoff time.

I'd like to see someone put a beating on this A-hole tomorrow...

upload_2019-3-30_15-33-21.jpeg

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
I feel like there’s always an ugly matinee loss to the Panthers every year.

Another game tomorrow against a team with nothing to play for.

Just stay healthy. Toronto’s schedule after today is tough. Bank a couple points and then start resting people.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Give some credit to Luongo too, he definitely had a good game. Some puck luck too, normally Marchand buries two of those. I am not worried about this game, they beat them 7-3 last meeting.

I just kinda mean that a game like this is the only way I can see them losing to Toronto and illustrates what not to do in the playoffs. - as in - Pressure T.O. and have them on their heels for half the game but fail to score because of puck-luck or Andersson playing all-world for a period, start pressing harder, but open yourself on the back-end because you're skating down-hill all game and guys (and goalie) lose focus for a play or three.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad