Post-Game Talk: GAME 78 - YUCK!!!!!! - Sunrise Kittens 4 BRUINS 1 FINAL

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I just kinda mean that a game like this is the only way I can see them losing to Toronto and illustrates what not to do in the playoffs. - as in - Pressure T.O. and have them on their heels for half the game but fail to score because of puck-luck or Andersson playing all-world for a period, start pressing harder, but open yourself on the back-end because you're skating down-hill all game and guys (and goalie) lose focus for a play or three.
To apply this afternoon game to a meaningless a team while they need to stay healthy is futile

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
whole team looked out of sync, no passes clicking , not as assertive as they typically are. Mojo and Grizz just back so bound to be some rust there but not a very focused effort today. Another crack and rebounding tomorrow.

Didn`t like that 3rd goal on Tuukka and the B`s were starting to get a bit of momentum going but still loads of game left after it and they did little with it

Reactions: Strafer

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
after the way they beat florida the last time they visited, and then the beatdown in sunrise, this was a total trap game.
luongo stands on his head in his personal house of horrors in probably his last start there. brouwer beats tuukka from
distance? yeah ok, sweep this one aside and move on. the key is to bounce back quick. leafs have
an easier sked and don't let them off the hook here - we need home ice.

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
losing this game to florida is something not a single one of us will remember by this time next year... no glory is won in late march.
I have to say if the Bruins lose home ice in round 1 this year by 1 point I will most definitely remember this game for sure. All that aside, ***t happens and move on to the next one. That's the great thing of having a 6 point cushion.

Reactions: Strafer

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
just start the playoffs already. this last week of games is gonna drag. no injuries please.

serious question tho.
i start clifton game 1 if everyone is healthy. am i crazy?? i think he stays in.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Well that sucked. At least nobody got hurt. Thats key. Coming down the stretch here. Bounce back tomorrow. No worries.
...and they played as though they were just trying to get through the game with no injuries. In hindsight it would've been cool if they rested a half dozen regulars and called up (some hungry) wanna B's today. Guys who want to prove themselves like maybe Zboril and a few others. From the get go if felt to me like this was going to be a stinker.

Reactions: BMC

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Lots of bad play today but felt bad for Gryz obviously a step behind.
Really didn’t look ready

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
One of those games. To many passengers today. I think they thought it would be easy
They were prepared

I went

Looking up in the first it was 14-3 Boston shots on net and I said to my kid it could be 3-0 right now

I don’t think they thought was going to be easy the way they jumped all over Florida

Florida was going through the motions and wasn’t doing squat other than Luongo and then bang they get a goal

Kudos to Florida for winning but the score dragged them into the game

They were flat not Boston that first

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Glad that Bruce called out the middle of the line-up. The Bruins need the third line to start shaping up.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Glad that Bruce called out the middle of the line-up. The Bruins need the third line to start shaping up.
Please start by putting Wagner back on the fourth line or so called fourth line

Reactions: BMC

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
I've only caught bits and pieces of the last couple games, but the Heinen-Coyle-Wagner line doesn't seem to be playing well. Reunite Heine with Bergeron and Marchand, and put the struggling Johansson on the third line where he belongs. MoJo was supposed to provide quality depth, why force him into the top six?

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Leafs lost, Bruins only need 3 pts to clinch second and home ice over the Leafs. I would not mind the Caps passing us and the Flames staying ahead so we get the best possible draft pick.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Leafs lost, Bruins only need 3 pts to clinch second and home ice over the Leafs. I would not mind the Caps passing us and the Flames staying ahead so we get the best possible draft pick.
I wouldn’t mind staying ahead of them in points so they keep home ice advantage in the playoffs should we play them. I wouldn’t mind drafting last in the first round.

Reactions: sooshii

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
That game could have gone so much better for the Bruins than it did. It was a rough one to watch on a Saturday afternoon. Cassidy needs to stop messing with the line chemistry and leave MoJo with Krejci and DeBrusk while leaving Pastrnak with Bergeron and Marchand. How this is not an easy thing for the Bruins to comprehend is beyond me.

Jamie Rodgers

Feb 7, 2019
after the way they beat florida the last time they visited, and then the beatdown in sunrise, this was a total trap game.
luongo stands on his head in his personal house of horrors in probably his last start there. brouwer beats tuukka from
distance? yeah ok, sweep this one aside and move on. the key is to bounce back quick. leafs have
an easier sked and don't let them off the hook here - we need home ice.

Remaining games for Boston and Toronto.

BOS @DET @CBJ @MIN vsTBL

TOR @NYI vsCAR vsTBL @mtl

I know its a matter of opinion but I'm not sure Toronto has an easier last few games...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad