Post-Game Talk: Game 78 - B's get out of South Philly with a point - Flyers 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I would like to see Pasta and Krug get a rest. Maybe Marchand.

Not sure they will have the ability to do it.

But it sure would be nice if Tampa would lose tonight and Tuesday.
I think your right on Marchand and Pasta. They might need a mental break and rest. On Pasta, he gets hit hard and seem to turnover the puck more lately. As for Marchand, he gets hit, never gets any call and is targeted by opponents fans, medias and opponents. There is less place on the ice right now.

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
In case anyone missed this......................

cut.jpg

BruinsFan79

Everybody Hates Us
Apr 3, 2011
If Bruins pick up a ROW in Tampa the magic number drops all the way to 2 if my thinking makes sense!

You are correct.

Breakdown For Tuesday’s Game

Bruins regulation win = 1 pt to clinch

Bruins win in OT/SO = 2 pts to clinch

Bruins loss in OT/SO = 4 pts to clinch

Bruins Loss in regulation = 5 pts to clinch

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I`d love to play the Flyers in round 1 . The B`s looked absolutely gassed yesterday and were out 5 starters and still held the territorial edge. Obviously the few chances they did give the Flyers they cashed in on and came from sloppy and unfocused plays but that Flyers team is just average outside of a few players.

So funny, with under a minute left Mrs Odaat said "doesn`t look like they`ll win this one" and I said "maybe but they`ll score here and push it to OT".....something about this team just has me believing they are never outta it

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I`d love to play the Flyers in round 1 . The B`s looked absolutely gassed yesterday and were out 5 starters and still held the territorial edge. Obviously the few chances they did give the Flyers they cashed in on and came from sloppy and unfocused plays but that Flyers team is just average outside of a few players.

So funny, with under a minute left Mrs Odaat said "doesn`t look like they`ll win this one" and I said "maybe but they`ll score here and push it to OT".....something about this team just has me believing they are never outta it

I would rather play Philly than the Devils to be honest with you.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I've been saying since the last Devils/Bruins game that the Devils scare the shit out of me. they are scary fast & have outplayed the Bruins in all 3 games despite the Bruins sweeping the season series. The games easily could have gone the other way & now they have the extra motivation of wanting to beat Marchand.

The Bruins *should* beat them, but they definitely make me nervous.

JeffFromMtl

Mar 28, 2018
In round 1, the ideal situation would be that boston plays against Philadelphia, in particular because of Mrazek. If the Bruins play against the Leafs, I feel that the series will be very difficult and very long. The worst scenario would be a Boston - New Jersey or even Boston - Columbus Series.
In conclusion, is it so important to finnish 1st in the Atlantic Division? It would be more beneficial to start resting the core players in order to reduce the risk of others injuries.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

I agree, I think we will take Philly in 5, 6 games tops. The Devils are really quick and to me are the more dangerous team, Schneider is also a far superior goalie to anyone Philadelphia has.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
I agree, I think we will take Philly in 5, 6 games tops. The Devils are really quick and to me are the more dangerous team, Schneider is also a far superior goalie to anyone Philadelphia has.

I don't think that Schneider starts for NJD in playoffs.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
You are correct.

Breakdown For Tuesday’s Game

Bruins regulation win = 1 pt to clinch

Bruins win in OT/SO = 2 pts to clinch

Bruins loss in OT/SO = 4 pts to clinch

Bruins Loss in regulation = 5 pts to clinch

Also there is a scenario where with a regulation win Tuesday..That we wouldn’t need another point to clinch

If Tampa finished the year 2-0 with a shootout win

They would finish the year 112pt 47ROW

With a win Tuesday Boston would be at 112pt 47 ROW

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Oh brother. He doesn't want to stir anything up. Uh huh.

And in one of his articles from yesterday he says Bergeron (and McQuaid) got "posterized" on the Konecny goal. :rolleyes:

Bergy probably just had to give a character reference for Marchand to DoPS. :laugh:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

And in one of his articles from yesterday he says Bergeron (and McQuaid) got "posterized" on the Konecny goal. :rolleyes:

Bergy probably just had to give a character reference for Marchand to DoPS. :laugh:

He probably avoided Haggs and Haggs went with "wasn't available to speak with the media" Translation: Bergeron wasn't near the post game spread.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston

Colby Cave a Center

Just got called up

And now I’m freaking out

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I think I remember Bergy heading off the ice early in his shift after the collision with Pastrnak.
Maybe they are being cautious with a possible concussion

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I’m hoping it’s becasue Wingels sucked and was benched halfway through the 2nd and they want some fresh legs on the 4th line

But based on Haggs tweet and what happen to Krejci

I’d guess it’s incase Bergeron or Krejci can’t go

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I think I remember Bergy heading off the ice early in his shift after the collision with Pastrnak.
Maybe they are being cautious with a possible concussion
Well... That could explain the couple brain farts.... Maybe...

I hope not.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Uhhhhh.....I would rather stick my head in the sand and stay with the "Haggs is a dork" story. :laugh:

Besides, Cave is the Riley Nash lookalike, so maybe they are bringing him along because Riley can't go?? :scared:

Pls be healthy, Bergy.

They only had 12 healthy fowards yesterday

So calling someone up most likely means 1 of those 12 that played yesterday is questionable for tomm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad