Post-Game Talk: Game 78 - B's get out of South Philly with a point - Flyers 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Any word on Marchand?

I’ve seen the replay and there’s no sugarcoating that he did it and that he’s a moron for doing it.

I’m hopefull that he gets no more than 2 games for it (I hope it’s just a fine tbh).

We need everyone to stay calm no matter what especially in the playoffs.

Hopefully Tampa loses tonight and this gives the boys more motivation for Tuesday.

Reactions: BMC

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Any word on Marchand?

I’ve seen the replay and there’s no sugarcoating that he did it and that he’s a moron for doing it.

I’m hopefull that he gets no more than 2 games for it (I hope it’s just a fine tbh).

Hopefully Tampa loses tonight and this gives the boys more motivation for Tuesday.

I see almost no way he gets suspended or fined

Also not one media member has even suggested he may have a call with DPOS

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Any word on Marchand?

That was and is and should remain a 2 minute penalty.

Play was cheap and dirty but that kind of dirty happens all the time and sometimes it doesn’t even get two minutes.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
That was and is and should remain a 2 minute penalty.

Play was cheap and dirty but that kind of dirty happens all the time and sometimes it doesn’t even get two minutes.
I agree but my concern is that it’s Marchand

Reactions: BMC

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Not a great game by the B's overall, but they still managed to get a point.

Great to have Chara back. Charlie probably back next game - we'll have our true #1 tandem again.

I think the D has done a very good job in their absence. If we go into the playoffs with these guys, we'll still be icing a D squad that is more than capable of getting the job done:

Chara
McAvoy
Krug
McQuaid
Grizz
Miller
Holden

Krug has been really bringing it. Grizz brings a lot to the table – we dodged a bullet when he wasn't more injured on that hit. Miller has been solid and physical. McQuaid remains a snarly presence on the ice and brings lots of playoff experience. Sucks to lose Carlo, but Holden will be fine as a bottom pairing guy, or even as the 7th D.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It’s 7

ROW is the 1st tiebreaker

If Tampa Finishes 4-0..4 ROWs

And

Boston finishes 3-1-0...3 ROWs

Both teams will have 116 Points

Tampa would win division on ROW tiebreaker

If Bruins pick up a ROW in Tampa the magic number drops all the way to 2 if my thinking makes sense!

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I keep saying it, but I am nervous about Tuesday to a degree; Tampa KNOWS they need to win that game, and i'm sure the last thing in the world they need is another loss to destabilize their psyche against Boston in a possible playoff matchup at a later date

I'm worried they're not just gonna come out hard, but also play dirty in order to get a win. I'd be watching out opposing stray elbows and sticks.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Bruins claw out a point in overtime loss to Flyers - The Boston Globe

PHILADELPHIA — With 1:21 remaining in overtime, Claude Giroux lifted a backhander over Anton Khudobin to give the Flyers a 4-3 win. The Bruins, however, clawed out a point by scoring with 3.8 seconds remaining in regulation.

Best player: Travis Konecny. Scored a highlight goal in the second period. Could have had another later in the second, but the No. 1 right wing deferred to Claude Giroux instead of accepting a breakaway chance. Konecny played with speed, skill, and jam.

Worst player: Tommy Wingels. Benched for the third period. Not very noticeable in the first two periods as the No. 4 right wing.

Game-changing moment: The Bruins should have gone without a point. But with 3.8 seconds remaining in regulation, Patrice Bergeron whistled the puck through Petr Mrazek to tie the game at 3-3. The Bruins were dogged on the puck before the goal.

Who is writing this shtick?

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
I'll take the point given that were trailing late and it was our 5th game in 8 nights. Not that we really deserved to lose - we outshot and outchanced them.

It kind of sucks that we have to exhaust ourselves trying to avoid a date with Toronto instead of resting up after earning such an impressive record.

Reactions: sarge88

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
I'll take the point given that were trailing late and it was our 5th game in 8 nights. Not that we really deserved to lose - we outshot and outchanced them.

It kind of sucks that we have to exhaust ourselves trying to avoid a date with Toronto instead of resting up after earning such an impressive record.

When I saw your name I thought 'I wonder if he'll mention Matthews' and, well, you almost delivered.

Mistah Ungah

Mar 19, 2018
Amorica
Golf? What is this action you speak of?

I havent watched golf in awhile...but I get it..used to follow Phil Mickelson a lot

My job entails me seeing a lot of golf played; I kinda have to keep my eyes peeled at all times or else I might get nailed with a ball. That said, I have seen some fantastically comical things out there. When people stink at it, like many do, it can be amusing. Myself, I could care less about golf. :laugh:

I'll take the point today. From what very little I saw of the game, the B's looked pretty tired and fatigued. And yet still manage a point....amazing group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->