Post-Game Talk: Game 78 - B's get out of South Philly with a point - Flyers 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-4-1_15-6-48.png

upload_2018-4-1_15-8-27.png

:bruins:flyers

GAME SUMMARY

EVENT SUMMARY

PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI BRUINS

Last edited:
Reactions: BiGBear8

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Anyone with vue know what channel this game was supposed to be on? Someone said NBC Boston, vue has me in the Springfield area so I guess it won't show up? I do have "NBC BOSTON SPORTS" listed but didn't see the game listed

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Bergy gave it away but the goal still could've been prevended. Krug crept in and to the right while Marchand also skated in from the blueline, leaving Giroux wide open to collect a chipout. Whatever. All 3 guys have been fantastic this year. Things happen.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Healthy Bruins.. I don't think a Flyers vs Bruins would be long. Hope we can get these guys to see if my belief are good. Half the team... 5 or 6 injured players...3 games in 4 days with the hardest stretch of the season... rested Flyers at home... and we still outshoted them and pushed them in ot.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
They got a point when they probably didn't deserve one.

But they were playing a matinee on a back to back after traveling. They lost two more guys to injury less than 24 hours ago. The top line did not play like the top line. Bergeron did not look like Bergeron. I mean, for Pete's sake, he scored with 3.8 seconds left instead of 3.7. Maybe that explains why he looked like Caron for a couple of those plays. :laugh:

Take the point and move on...

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Bergy gave it away but the goal still could've been prevended. Krug crept in and to the right while Marchand also skated in from the blueline, leaving Giroux wide open to collect a chipout. Whatever. All 3 guys have been fantastic this year. Things happen.

Very un Bergeron like in every game since he came back. Not quite Mr. Perfect like he used to be.

Hopefully that comes back

bwdrums1

Dec 14, 2017
It's funny, any other B turns it over that easy on OT and I'm screaming. Bergy does it and I don't scream. He's just built up so much good will over 15 years that it's hard to get mad at him.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Weird game. Definitely carried the play, although they were trailing for most of it. Both Dobby and the defense were shaky, so a 4-spot isn't surprising despite the low shot total. I thought Krug looked awful.

Arguably Bergy's worst game since that one random Carolina game like 2-3 years ago. Not bad overall, just highlighted by the 2 bad plays. Still was responsible for getting a point out of it though.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
The good news is they are 2 pts. clear of Tampa Bay and now have a whopping 50+ hours before they play Tuesday after a day and 1/2 recovering in the warm temperatures of Tampa Bay.

Not a big rest, but given the hectic stretch, it should help.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Too many men on the ice for Flyers...guy jumps off bench so Bergy has to avoid him and then Rat gets held up by the 4th guy...

These guys jumping off the bench in situations like this are happening way too often...

Having said that, not a good turnover by Bergy and lack awareness by Marchy in not playing back more..

Will take the point...

Reactions: Fossy21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad