GDT: Game 77: Coyotes @ Golden Knights - 7PM - FSAZ+

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Our Raanta, who art in net, hallowed by Thy name. Thy goaltending come, Thy saves be done, on Earth as it is on the ice. Give us this day our daily hockey, and lead us not into Los Angeles, but deliver us from evil. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us (except the Kings). For Thine is the crease, the power, and the posts. Forever and ever. AMEN.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Our Raanta, who art in net, hallowed by Thy name. Thy goaltending come, Thy saves be done, on Earth as it is on the ice. Give us this day our daily hockey, and lead us not into Los Angeles, but deliver us from evil. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us (except the Kings). For Thine is the crease, the power, and the posts. Forever and ever. AMEN.

Is this Todd Walsh's post game speech?

DoanStopBelievin

Oct 6, 2017
I love winning. I hate possibly affecting draft odds, but these young guys need a taste of this. Winning nut-check, playoff type hockey games could go a long way especially if there are plans to be competitive in years to come with this core.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I love winning. I hate possibly affecting draft odds, but these young guys need a taste of this. Winning nut-check, playoff type hockey games could go a long way especially if there are plans to be competitive in years to come with this core.
how much did winning at the end of last season help? ZERO.
Talent wins. Drafting guys like Dahlin creates a winning culture.
Stupid coyotes.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
KConn now has 9 goals on the season, one more than Max Domi. I'm pretty sure 5 of Domi's goals are empty netters, too.

OEL also hit the 40 point mark with his assist tonight.

Reactions: Conor Clancey

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Talent wins. Drafting guys like Dahlin creates a winning culture.
Stupid coyotes.
The more experience you have winning, the more you win. It didn't help that we won some games near the end last year because we changed coaches/Goal tender/Doan Verby Hanzal gone. Basically 80% of our leadership group. Winning is always best for every player and the team. It's a mind set and a culture.

No guarantees on where we would pick anyway, tanking is dumb.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Words along can't describe how I feel right now. The stupidity in this franchise has become cancerous and contagious. There better be a win in any of the top 3 picks if this team fails to finish dead last in the league. If Raanta doesn't resign, then JC needs to be blasted for not trading him at the trade deadline.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Coyotes didn't even win THAT many games at the end of last season.

Coyotes in '17 were 8-9-3 in March/April
This team is 9-5-1

The fact is this team was never as bad as the first month and were never going for draft picks.
They've been in bubble team range points wise since January, so this isn't even a Dave Moss's ass situation here.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Words along can't describe how I feel right now. The stupidity in this franchise has become cancerous and contagious. There better be a win in any of the top 3 picks if this team fails to finish dead last in the league. If Raanta doesn't resign, then JC needs to be blasted for not trading him at the trade deadline.
This team is finally winning and outshooting most opponents with a very young roster and more young guys coming. The goal is to win, winning breeds more winning. Forget about draft picks, tanking is stupid and doesn't guarantee you anything.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
The more experience you have winning, the more you win. It didn't help that we won some games near the end last year because we changed coaches/Goal tender/Doan Verby Hanzal gone. Basically 80% of our leadership group. Winning is always best for every player and the team. It's a mind set and a culture.

No guarantees on where we would pick anyway, tanking is dumb.

:facepalm: There is no true winning culture with this franchise right now. I wish people would stop using that phrase right now as it doesn't apply currently with this franchise.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
This team is finally winning and outshooting most opponents with a very young roster and more young guys coming. The goal is to win, winning breeds more winning. Forget about draft picks, tanking is stupid and doesn't guarantee you anything.

Oh please! 2015 guaranteed Eichel and tanking guarantees a pick in the Top 4 and that includes in a deep draft like this. Both Eichel and Matthews would be on this team right now if this franchise had a clue.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
:facepalm: There is no true winning culture with this franchise right now. I wish people would stop using that phrase right now as it doesn't apply currently with this franchise.
They have been winning lately and you have to start somewhere. Young team winning, playing well with 2 of our top 4D out. Losing more just continues the negative culture. Every game we win down the stretch matters in a positive way. It's not a switch you can turn on when you want to.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Oh please! 2015 guaranteed Eichel and tanking guarantees a pick in the Top 4 and that includes in a deep draft like this. Both Eichel and Matthews would be on this team right now if this franchise had a clue.
If we were really smart we would have won a few more games and then we would have been third worst and landed Mcdavid. Boy we are dumb:)

Reactions: Name Nameless

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Yes.... let's follow the Edmonton plan of ten full years of suck with four 1OVs on the roster. :rolleyes:

And Edmonton did make it to Game 7 of the WCSF last season and could have won the cup if they didn't have that 3rd period collapse in Game 5 vs Anaheim. Yes, I do believe Edmonton would have won it all last season given how dangerous of a team they really were. Edmonton's problems has more to do with coaching now than anything else.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We were 19-21-5 from Jan-April last year. "Winning" at the end of the year meant losing less.
We're 18-12-6 so far Jan-March. Not close to the same.

Also, while we're checking in:
2016-17, game 77: 63pts
2017-18, game 77: 65 pts

Need six points in five games to beat last year's total even after the worst start to a season in recent memory. Impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad