Jon Merrill
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

A Dancing Bear Holds the Ramparts Against the Golden Knights of Vegas
2YXWq17.jpg

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Nice dancing bear ha.

Let's go Yotes! Definitely need to beat Vegas this year... show them how well we really can play.

Reactions: kbay

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
They are a great story about hard work . Love this scrappy franchise. Wish the Yotes would learn a thing or two.
Look at the Yotes now. Winning when it least matters and ruining a chance at Dahlin.
What a joke of a franchise.

After the lotto last year I dont think any team will tank on purpose anymore. Bringing in a winning culture is the only way to seperate us from the EDM and BUFFs of the world. I think we are actually fortunate that we were such dog-shit at the start of the season as it padded the tankage so much that we can be a plus .500 team and still end in one of the last three spots. One of the few reasons I didnt like the Stepan trade was it felt like the last time we may pick so high in the top ten without lotto luck (boy was I wrong).

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
After the lotto last year I dont think any team will tank on purpose anymore. Bringing in a winning culture is the only way to seperate us from the EDM and BUFFs of the world. I think we are actually fortunate that we were such dog-**** at the start of the season as it padded the tankage so much that we can be a plus .500 team and still end in one of the last three spots. One of the few reasons I didnt like the Stepan trade was it felt like the last time we may pick so high in the top ten without lotto luck (boy was I wrong).
I never understood the "excitement" of the Stepan trade. Rangers gladly got rid of a highly paid underperformer.
This "winning culture" argument is highly overrated. Call up the backup from the minors and suck for Dahlin. It's not like the Yotes haven't sucked all year.

BigDoaner

Jun 2, 2015
I never understood the "excitement" of the Stepan trade. Rangers gladly got rid of a highly paid underperformer.
This "winning culture" argument is highly overrated. Call up the backup from the minors and suck for Dahlin. It's not like the Yotes haven't sucked all year.
Have you looked at the odds? You have less than a 1 in 5 chance at Dahlin if you finish last. Colorado was last by a mile last season and picked 4th and had better odds at first than this year.

Reactions: Yandover

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Have you looked at the odds? You have less than a 1 in 5 chance at Dahlin if you finish last. Colorado was last by a mile last season and picked 4th and had better odds at first than this year.
do you simply understand what it means to "increase your odds?". No guarantees but at this point increase your odds. He's that good.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Can't stand the Golden Knights.

I was in Vegas a couple of weeks ago and hung around Beerhaus 100 feet away from T-Mobile Arena during two home games. The Knights have certainly engendered a solid fan base in their rookie season. An unprecedented scrappy success story and easy to root for.

Reactions: Pomee

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
do you simply understand what it means to "increase your odds?". No guarantees but at this point increase your odds..

:rolleyes , thanks Capt. Obvious. Do you understand that placing any faith in a 20% chance at something is likely to have a disappointing result? Similar to the concept of pot odds in poker: a 1 in 5 chance at tripling your money is never a good bet. If we get him, great, if not, great.

Besides, based on your avatar and posting history, looks like you'd rather the Habs get him, n'est ce pas?

Last edited:

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
They are a great story about hard work . Love this scrappy franchise. Wish the Yotes would learn a thing or two.
Look at the Yotes now. Winning when it least matters and ruining a chance at Dahlin.
What a joke of a franchise.
And even if the Coyotes don't get a pick in the top 3, the team won't fall less than 4th and plenty of good players available in the top 4.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
After the lotto last year I dont think any team will tank on purpose anymore. Bringing in a winning culture is the only way to seperate us from the EDM and BUFFs of the world. I think we are actually fortunate that we were such dog-**** at the start of the season as it padded the tankage so much that we can be a plus .500 team and still end in one of the last three spots. One of the few reasons I didnt like the Stepan trade was it felt like the last time we may pick so high in the top ten without lotto luck (boy was I wrong).

Only when the Coyotes are winning full season long does the team have a true winning culture. Toronto also won the 1OV to get Matthews and the NBA as of late has had the worst team in the NBA win the 1OV pick.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Vegas clinched their play-off spot yesterday. They are probably totally blown in their minds. Should be an easy game. :naughty:.

I'm given up on predicting goal-scorers, just saying another Yotes big win.

OK, Panik gets one. And Keller keeps scoring. Still waiting for that hat-trick, will get it right at some point. Stepan nets a goal.

An unknown Swedish "Karlsson" gets their consolidation-goal.

What happened with the "given up on predicting goal-scorers?" Some people can't keep their word for ten seconds. ;)

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'd rather have the Stepan - Keller pair keep tearing it up.
It's so much better to have Keller go into the offseason playing well rather than mired on a dumpy team.

If he had only had that hot October then the rest of the season was just pretty good, there would be a lot more question marks there.
Sophomore slumps are always possible but I feel 10x better about his game going into the offseason as I would have if the season ended in early February where his game as at then. He's now *proven* he can adjust and fight back and do so within a relatively short amount of time.

EDIT:

Oh and to add one more thing to this, the other big factor is development. Obviously adding a top flight 1st overall talent would be great and something this team has never had (never had a weak one either.....). But what this team needs to get better at more than anything is not a few ping pong balls that take them from 33.9% chance at a top 3 pick to a 38.8% one, it's development. Look at Chychrun's game on Monday, that might have been the best game of his career and it didn't get a ton of notice because of some of the bigger names. Perlini and Fischer started to look better too.
It's very important to bring in more talent. But they also need to grow the talent they already have.

If those numbers weren't less than 10% difference, I'd have a different (and did have, you can find my posts) a very different opinion. Sure, the absolute worst slot is about 49% for a top 3 pick. But the Coyotes simply are not and were not that bad as they have more than proven.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yandover

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Winning should help sign OEL and Raanta. It should also help the kids have motivation to train hard in the offseason, and possibly help attract ufa's. Dahlin would be an incredible add, but our lotto luck says it wont happen. Keep winning, and roll into next year with their heads up.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
It's always better to have the team playing great...so that Raanta thinks this is the place to hang his hat and OEL decides that he can win here and we get that extension done. Winning cures a lot of ills and we've got many ills...many, many, many ills.

Reactions: Muppet and Yandover

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Keep the Keller streak alive and Strome playing well, that's all I ask at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->