Post-Game Talk: Game 76: Washington at Nashville | 7 PM CDT | Fox Sports TN | SO Win 4-3

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Looked like Weber was covering his man. Josi, not so much.

They both hovered around Brouwer ... neither bothered to communicate ... luckily being on ice for those PP goals allowed doesn't hurt Weber's plus/minus. A few more games like this and he might reach even ... which actually would help any case for the Norris considering only three minus rated players ever won it.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Overtime we know the odds of winning the shootout are practically nil so we lets see if we can win in OT>

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Ok who are going to be the shootout takers for us...

Hmmmmm
Ellis
Josi
Hook

My Guesses

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Weber. Best defenseman in the league. Outstanding game. Unsurprisingly, the same individuals complaining about his play.

Curious question: I wonder how many ENG against have been scored against the Preds this year, and further, how many Weber was on for?

EDIT: Looked it up. The preds have given up 5 ENG this year. Weber was on the ice for 3 of those goals.

Last edited:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I know he has had plenty of rough stretches this season and a ton of horrible goals, but the more this season goes, the more confidence I have in Carter Hutton- I actually felt confident in the shootout- when is the last time we didn't allow any goals in the shootout??? I hope he is back next season.....

And it still completely boggles the mind that there is ANY negativity whatsoever towards Shea Weber's play this year- (a fluke deflection off his stick is a negative???- seriously?)

Only on this board can something so ridiculous happen.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Just to be sure ... you want me to stop using actual stats? If you took the time to actually READ what was written, I highlighted where he stands in total goals allowed while on the ice as well.

and tell me, how exactly is that a good indicator of defensive performance?

Wouldn't taking the time to examine each of said goals be a much better determination of a players individual defensive performance on a goal?

Unless you have a thing for seeing that a player was on the ice for a goal and just saying "oh well he was on the ice for the goal, must not have been have been doing his job."

Because that's what you're implying by using that statistic as a measure of defensive performance.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Weber's monthly ES totals in January and March both outpace his ES numbers for the first 40 games of the season combined. As I said, good second half of the season so far ... below expectations throughout the first half.

I agree, based on watching him all this season at home. Weber is playing the second half of the season like we all knew he could play the whole season.
Watched him battle intensely behind the net with Ovie during the first period. That intensity and passion is part of what Weber was missing the first half of this season.

I am not negative about Weber........ He's not a golden boy... none of them are. They're millionaires playing a sport, judged on their intensity, passion, leadership and production.
If people are so blind to think he hung the moon and can never do wrong, bah........

I hope he wins the Norris. He got robbed a couple of seasons ago. But it's a popularity contest, really.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Both Weber and Hutton were playing poorly at the beginning of the season. Now both are playing at the top of their game. Glad to see both of them playing well. Also glad to see the team clicking/playing as a team and winning some games.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Yes, without the pressure the whole team is a pleasure to watch right now. And I hope these feelings of success carry over to next year.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I cannot believe I just read someone in this thread compare Shea Weber this season at ES to Mareck Zidlicky at ES. Credibility now at zero. What a joke.

Another great game at both ends for Weber.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
At the game tonight I noticed that Ovechkin stands around a lot. Is this normal of him? He's kind of just watching the game at times.

The Caps fans showed up tonight. Nice little turnout for them. People love visiting Nashville.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Fisher hasn't played well defensively these past few games. Needs to work on that but has at least been contributing offensively and got two assists in this game.

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Now if we can get Peks hot again/on top of his game that would be even better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad