Post-Game Talk: Game 76: Washington at Nashville | 7 PM CDT | Fox Sports TN | SO Win 4-3

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Really need this game. Wings Win today and need us to help them. We can use the extra pick. Good first.

Ranskyre

Feb 10, 2014
Let's go Preds! All of Nashville, Columbus, Detroit, and Toronto are rooting for you!

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
We could take the clip of that play, broadcast it constantly on the side of the ACC on loop infinitely, and Weber still wouldn't get the Norris.

Couple it with his deflection past Pekka Friday night ... they balance each other and kill the Norris mantra's logic. No matter how much the rants make want to make Weber sound infallible .. he is far from it. If one layout to break up a 2on1 is enough for a trophy then even Ellis and Wilson are worthy candidates ... Legwand deserves multiple trophies from his time as a Pred ... oh, wait, it takes more? In that case, the Weber nomination takes a major hit.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Couple it with his deflection past Pekka Friday night ... they balance each other and kill the Norris mantra's logic. No matter how much the rants make want to make Weber sound infallible .. he is far from it. If one layout to break up a 2on1 is enough for a trophy then even Ellis and Wilson are worthy candidates ... Legwand deserves multiple trophies from his time as a Pred ... oh, wait, it takes more? In that case, the Weber nomination takes a major hit.

lulz, that's assuming he's made no other top notch defensive plays. :laugh:

Wouldn't bet on that. His Norris worthiness is based on his point production ability, and that he is elite defensively.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
lulz, that's assuming he's made no other top notch defensive plays. :laugh:

Wouldn't bet on that. His Norris worthiness is based on his point production ability, and that he is elite defensively.

His PP point production ability. His ES points are far from the top of the pile. Having one of the worst GA/60 among those getting any talk about the Norris doesn't help his case either. If only he played the first 40 games the way he played in January.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
Trotz got praised in another thread for having a top ten offense a few years ago, yet the only reason was because of their PP. Weber gets criticized for his PP vs ES points here. Guess it's however you want to spin things I guess

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
His PP point production ability. His ES points are far from the top of the pile. Having one of the worst GA/60 among those getting any talk about the Norris doesn't help his case either. If only he played the first 40 games the way he played in January.

Good thing PP points count all the same.

And once again, reliance on stats like GA/60 is laughable. No need to go in these tired circles again.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Ovy has 48 goals and 72 pts and is a -32 mainly because he has 22 PP goals Ovy shouldn't win the goal scoring award or be considered for MVP because so many of them were from the PP and not ES. :shakehead

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Trotz got praised in another thread for having a top ten offense a few years ago, yet the only reason was because of their PP. Weber gets criticized for his PP vs ES points here. Guess it's however you want to spin things I guess

Actually, the 5on5 ratio was 10th in the league as was 5on5 goals for. I'm not spinning anything, just stating fact. If you disagree with fact ... well, that's on you.

Good thing PP points count all the same.

And once again, reliance on stats like GA/60 is laughable. No need to go in these tired circles again.

When one doesn't even have to go back three periods to find a play to counter the latest "Norris" now type call ... the hype becomes laughable. Weber is enjoying a good second half to the season. His first half was far below expectations. He leads one objective category ... PP goals. He is at best tied or trails in every other objective category. He has the third worst GA/on at ES in the league for defenders with over 50 GP ... since you dislike stats standardized for time so much. His ES performance is Zidlickian this season. To take the hyperbole to the next level, why not rant that Mazanec deserves the Vezina based on his good November?

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Ovy has 48 goals and 72 pts and is a -32 mainly because he has 22 PP goals Ovy shouldn't win the goal scoring award because so many of them were from the PP and not ES.

Discussing how players actually perform in various situations used to be common here. I miss those days. Sorry if I refuse to drink the Flavor Aid (the real drink at Jonestown) and overlook reality to rant in support of a trophy for Norris that his overall play does not warrant this season.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Discussing how players actually perform in various situations used to be common here. I miss those days. Sorry if I refuse to drink the Flavor Aid (the real drink at Jonestown) and overlook reality to rant in support of a trophy for Norris that his overall play does not warrant this season.

Please stop trying to play off using GA/60 and GF/60 as legitimate markers for measuring a players defensive and even strength prowess.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site

Trotz said numerous times this season that Weber is having his best season yet. Guess he drank it too.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Just to be sure ... you want me to stop using actual stats?

I love stats. What I don't like is when a specific statistic that can be seen as just as team-based as individual-based, if not more so, is being as used as some true indicator of well...... anything other than team strength.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Just pointing out what he said. You can spin that however you want.
Why do you keep insisting that things are getting spun?

It's about time you started producing at ES Shea..101 was about to rip you a new one.

Weber's monthly ES totals in January and March both outpace his ES numbers for the first 40 games of the season combined. As I said, good second half of the season so far ... below expectations throughout the first half.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad