Post-Game Talk: GAME 76 - HEE HAW!!!!! - BRUINS 3 Nashville 0

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Mike Milbury on a recent talk show stated emphatically that he would start J-SWAY in the PO's.
He doesn't like Ullmark's nonchalant personality and feels that J-SWAY is more aggressive and that's what the BRUINS need.
But, personalities aside, Monty should go with the 'hotter' goalie and he probably will.

Plus it's a little revenge on last season's disappointing 1st round of the PO's.
Like George Costanza did i do the opposite of what ever Milbury says

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I cannot believe how much Pasta has grown his game. Hell, I was happy with him scoring goals and unlike some wasn't all that concerned about the rest of his game. What a gem Pasta is. I have loved that kid from his very first game here.

I also love what a leader he has become.
I loved the pasta from last nite. He played with an edge all game after getting roughed around a bit.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Very happy that Charlie got a SHG, he's been cold in the scoring department lately.
Linus with the assist too- is there nothing Bruins goalies can't do????
Woodstock with 2 more points. I voted him 7th Player every day voting was open so hopefully it worked.

What happened to Justin Brazeau?? I haven't see any video, was it his back or neck?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Very happy that Charlie got a SHG, he's been cold in the scoring department lately.
Woodstock with 2 more points. I voted him 7th Player every day voting was open so hopefully it worked.

What happened to Justin Brazeau?? I haven't see any video, was it his back or neck?
I hope Justin will be ok.

I too voted daily for Danton to win the 7th player. Usually there are a couple of players that would work but I feel Danton deserves this over all others. Who here (including those who liked him before) thought he would be this good?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
solid roadie, entertaining tilt too, my biggest hope is Brazz injury not too serious but sure didn`t look great
Same here. Not crazy about how quickly they ruled him out for the night, either. Fingers crossed that he can cross his fingers. Looked like wrist or forearm issue. Maybe shoulder.

Either way it was a really strange play -- looked pretty innocuous at first glance.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Stay with rotation. No need to tire out either goalie. Sway needs to find his game and he wont sitting on bench
Nah, go with Ullmark. Guy just posted a shutout.

I don't want to see them enter a rotation in the post season for this very reason. Why rotate if a goalie plays a great game 1? Get a goalie in the habit of potentially starting 2-3 straight games.

This idea of you HAVING to rotate the two is nauseating. If a guy plays lights out (and Ullmark has been since the deadline with a .950 SV%, he has more than earned a second straight start, heaven forbid.

I don't see how rewarding a goalie with a second start would be "tiring out" - If a goalie can't play two straight without being "tired" we've got bigger issues than we want to admit.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Wrist to me.

• Wow
Reactions: BMC

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
That was a really good goalie battle. Finally a full 60 minute effort and a game close out.

Hope Brazeau is aight, really like that guy.

NESN really sucks lately though. They really need to get their broadcast together. Maybe buy some new cables. Constantly missing replays due to broadcast going black, glitch central, feel like I'm having a stroke watching it at times.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Same here. Not crazy about how quickly they ruled him out for the night, either. Fingers crossed that he can cross his fingers. Looked like wrist or forearm issue. Maybe shoulder.

Either way it was a really strange play -- looked pretty innocuous at first glance.
yeah.
def looked like broken wrist to me

Reactions: Number8

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Stay with rotation. No need to tire out either goalie. Sway needs to find his game and he wont sitting on bench
I hate the rotation idea in the playoffs. Ullmark has a 940 sv% since the break.
Id like to see Ullmark. especially after coming off a shutout.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I hate the rotation idea in the playoffs. Ullmark has a 940 sv% since the break.
Id like to see Ullmark. especially after coming off a shutout.
There's just no point in doing it in the regular season. If your plan is to ride only one goalie in the playoffs and get rid of the rotation then it makes even more sense to make sure both goalies are as fresh as possible going into the postseason by rotating them now.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
There's just no point in doing it in the regular season. If your plan is to ride only one goalie in the playoffs and get rid of the rotation then it makes even more sense to make sure both goalies are as fresh as possible going into the postseason by rotating them now.
I still want to see Ullmark play in Carolina. I remember him playing pretty bad there in the playoffs a couple years ago, and Id like to see how it goes tomorrow with him in net there.
If we can get out of our division and in conference finals, Im thinking it will be against Carolina again.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I still want to see Ullmark play in Carolina. I remember him playing pretty bad there in the playoffs a couple years ago, and Id like to see how it goes tomorrow with him in net there.
If we can get out of our division and in conference finals, Im thinking it will be against Carolina again.

Whoa, slow down a little!

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
That's fair I guess, but the next game is Florida so really whats the difference

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Nah, go with Ullmark. Guy just posted a shutout.

I don't want to see them enter a rotation in the post season for this very reason. Why rotate if a goalie plays a great game 1? Get a goalie in the habit of potentially starting 2-3 straight games.

This idea of you HAVING to rotate the two is nauseating. If a guy plays lights out (and Ullmark has been since the deadline with a .950 SV%, he has more than earned a second straight start, heaven forbid.

I don't see how rewarding a goalie with a second start would be "tiring out" - If a goalie can't play two straight without being "tired" we've got bigger issues than we want to admit.
I'm torn. A month ago I was still firmly in the game on game off splits for the postseason. Ullmark has just been so damn good since he put his hog (ie: his NTC) on the table and said no.

Even still, the 50/50 split has a really great track record with these guys. I'm wondering if Ullmark is considered "the guy" in the playoffs, and they just have him on a shorter leash than the typical #1. I would be ok with that.

Kudos to him, making it really hard for me to argue in favor of sharing the netminding duties.

Reactions: Spjutmuren

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
What stood out to me was Coyle and Brad in the 3rd (not just the sweet shortie), they dug deep, found another gear and to these eyes, dominated the 3rd.

Keep goalie rotation. Ullmark turned himself inside out last night and a few times, seemed to get up slowly like last playoffs.

He needs to be uber-fresh.

When this team keeps their feet moving, good things happen. Stationary = bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad